UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

11 hours ago, Eli said:

I'm sure the pro-Cremo/Nichols folks will tell us to shut up but...like I said before, he will be forgotten in 3-4 years. No one will ever talk about Joe Cremo like we talk about Wilson, Hooley, Sam, Iati, Siggers, etc.

Us pro Nichols and Cremo people never disagreed that they would end up forgotten,  we just said stop posting every other day about how you don't care about them. Obviously you did, or you wouldn't have read the thread or felt compelled to post about how much you didn't care.

The thread was used as a spot to discuss what they did in their new uniforms. That's all. As soon as Florida State is done, there will be no reason to discuss them anymore.

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Obviously you did, or you wouldn't have read the thread or felt compelled to post about how much you didn't care.

I think you're confusing caring with enjoying that oh so sweet 'told you so' feelin. Let the record show, I called Cremo being a bench magnate/getting very little time the first or second day after the news broke. I'm somewhat surprised Nichols played as much as he did, but he was a much better player overall than Joe so not totally surprising I guess.

So no, I don't care about them. But you bet your bottom dollar I'm enjoying how it all ended. Is that petty? Yep, you betcha. You blind side the program and pettiness from the fan base is what you deserve.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

“Enjoying how it all ended”?  Joe certainly didn’t get what he expected but during the season played a fair amount in the Big East. 

Nichols is in the Sweet 16 and plays significant minutes and is a key component to an ACC team.  I’m certain most of us would sign up for that.  What would have been successful at FSU for David in your opinion?  

1 hour ago, McFan said:

“Enjoying how it all ended”?  Joe certainly didn’t get what he expected but during the season played a fair amount in the Big East. 

Nichols is in the Sweet 16 and plays significant minutes and is a key component to an ACC team.  I’m certain most of us would sign up for that.  What would have been successful at FSU for David in your opinion?  

If you notice, my posts in this thread are pretty much only about Cremo. He was the 'local legend', not Nichols. Nichols leaving wasn't all that bad I actually wanted him gone by last years end anyway as his game (much like Clark's) was maddening. However, he was a much better overall individual talent than Cremo so I'm not surprised to see him playing a key role. Whatever FSU did, they got Nichols head in the game (key). Cremo though, different story. HE was the local legend. BUT...kid got too big for his britches.

16.6 mpg for the whole year was 4 minutes lower than his FRESHMEN mpg at UA. Hah.
Once the conference tourney's started and games mattered, he didn't play more than 8 minutes. In any game. Hah.

Like I said, I have no problem being the only villain here...but I don't think I'm the only one with this perspective.

I appreciate everyone's view on the Cremo - Nichols story.  In the end, this will be a small part of their lives and our lives.  Hopefully, our dreams of winning the AE will come from players that we have yet to see play.  I wish Cremo and Nichols well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BhillGuy said:

U guys do all know that these are just two kids who you dont know and will never meet whos personal success you are rooting against? I understand not rooting for a team, but...

Sorry disagree completely: I am NOT in any way routing against these young men when I say, I think they (@ least Joe) made a mistake.

While wishing them well since they left, I've followed the tread , but tried to avoid posting. My thought has been they are gone, move on who cares. Without rehashing all my reasons, I basically said when they left, it was the right move for Nichols and wrong one for Cremo. I have met and have talked with and have watched Joe since high school; so I feel in a sense I do know him somewhat and I imagine a lot of others on this blog more or less feel the same way. 

While I have wished him well and hoped he would succeed at the next level; I am not ashamed to admit to that I felt disappointed and betrayed by his departure. And I am NOT asking for sour grapes, when in his comments above I would have preferred him to admit "perhaps" in some ways it was a mistake leaving UA. "Wouldn't trade it for the world"--sorry I DO NOT buy it. Also curious what his buddy/"adviser'" Zak Bye honestly has to say now.

Zac gave Joe terrible, terrible advice if his goal was to play, actually play, at the highest level.  Truly terrible.  I’d say that to his face in a debate.  If his goal was to be a role player and go to some cool arenas, then the advice was solid.  

48 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Zac gave Joe terrible, terrible advice if his goal was to play, actually play, at the highest level.  Truly terrible.  I’d say that to his face in a debate.  If his goal was to be a role player and go to some cool arenas, then the advice was solid.  

I happened to be at a wedding in Philadelphia over the weekend where there were a number of Nova alumni. They are not Joe Cremo fans and told me that he is known as 'Ice-Cremo'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

We don't know what his personal goal was for his last go-around. If it was to fly around on a charter jet, play (however much he played) in huge arenas, enjoy the big time than this was a resounding success for him. If it was to be a contributor, play meaningful basketball instead of being a fringe backup than this was a huge failure as he was basically a bench warmer. 

Without knowing his personal goals for this year it's not possible to judge if he got out of it what he wanted. I see a lot of hate for this kid here by some, I'm still not sure why. We are all allowed to switch jobs, try new things in life, he and David are no different. Once the initial shock wore off I personally never had any animus towards either kid. They took us as far as they could...which wasn't very far. So it is what it is...

David is in the Sweet 16...even if in limited minutes. Have a good time young man!

Edited by Clickclack