UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018-19

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'd rather be the 6 seed in CBB. Way more press throughout the season, and hell, even bad press for the loss is still press. Not sure if the final 4 in LAX even made the front cover of the Times Union. Finishing the year in the top 24 and getting a 6 or 7 seed would be above the fold.

Yup as a mid-low major I’d take vein ranked in the top 25 all year and lose as a 6 seed as crazy as that sounds. There will always be upsets in the tournament 

11 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'd rather be the 6 seed in CBB. Way more press throughout the season, and hell, even bad press for the loss is still press. Not sure if the final 4 in LAX even made the front cover of the Times Union. Finishing the year in the top 24 and getting a 6 or 7 seed would be above the fold.

Interesting take.

Not sure why the times useless matters. It doesn't to me. 

I too don't know if the useless covered lacrosse. I didn't look and I don't remember which game last season I saw that Sienna head mark S going into the game. I also went straight from the final 4 in Boston to Atlanta to start the rest of my vacation.

As far as basketball , both are long shots but I prefer the scenarios where they keep playing.

Hmmm.  Stony Brook which had two impressive wins vs GW and SC lost today by 14, to Holy Cross,  our opponent next Tue.  SB maybe not as good as they looked or Holy Cross pretty good? Also UMBC beat Air Force.  Not sure if that is a solid win.  Bingo down 30 at half vs Northwestern.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Future opponent Niagara is up 4 on Pitt with a few seconds left.

Crazy final 10 seconds. Pitt missed a shot at the buzzer to win but Niagara holds on.

Was watching that game.  Niagara was doing everything possible to give the game to Pitt.  

Not sure I would have expected to see this a month into the season on the Mid-major Top 25: Stony Brook is at #14. Vermont is receiving votes with 25 votes and here is an odd-ball, UMass- Lowell is getting 1 vote.  May be a strange season in the AE.

Just came across a name from the past in the AE while watching Oklahoma/Notre Dame.  Aaron Calixte from Maine is  a grad transfer for the Sooners.  He has started all 7 games as a replacement for Trae Young and avg 9 pts a game.  Also came across articles that he was arrested in August when pulled over and found marijuana and drug paraphernalia and admitted to smoking it.  Guess that was swept under the rug as it pertains to basketball.

22 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Is marijuana still considered a drug? Is it something that anyone, anywhere, is prosecuting any stronger than if he had some beer in his car and admitted to drinking some a few days earlier (not intoxicated while driving of course)

It really needs to get legalized and taxed. I've never even smoked it (or anything) and have no intention too. But there is mounting evidence that helps medically and we need to stop punishing kids for it. Not to mention it may help the bottom line of our local/state/federal government. If it takes $1 off my taxes, it's a win lol.

• Like 2