UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

ANd there's no way that Jackson Ambush isn't going to be a star..at least with that name!

Agree!!!  There are more to come by the way.  Not done!

Where is Darren Fields?  Committed and had official visit on the 8th!!  I expected about 4 more including a couple of lineman.  Early singing goes until the 21st I think. Then the official signing for HS kids is on Feb 6th - April 1, 2019.  JUCO mid year transfers NLI signing is Dec 19 - Jan 15, 2019. Others is regular period Feb 6- April 1.  I'm disappointed there were not a couple more linemen!!  We offered several who have not signed anywhere!!!

Edited by HOF2013

On 12/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, Dane96 said:

I'd be excited if we got this kid.  Super raw...but he has offers from Kentucky, EKU, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, others.  

I don't think he actually had offered from them, just interest.  According to his coach when Kentucky offered they were his third offer.  They did so AFTER UA.  To fill their recruiting roster.  Kids who end up last recruited at FSB schools do not play many times.  They might be better off signing with a FCS school!  Just saying..

Times-Union story on Maloney, gives a list of 13 recruits signed. Two more commits for February

UALBANY FOOTBALL 2019 SIGNEES

Jackson Ambush                 LB       6-0       195      New Market, Md.

Elijah Ayers                            CB       6-2       175      Springfield, Mass.

Garrett Bledsoe                LB           5-10       200         Cincinnati

Jalahn  Dabney                RB           5-11       200         Somerville, N.J.

Shawn  Evans                    S              5-10       185         Accokeek, Md.

Jordan Irizarry                    WR         6-0          175         Pembroke Pines, Fla.

Rushawn Lawrence         DL           6-4          240         Philadelphia

Christian Lewis                  RB           5-11       185         Farrell, Pa.

Liam Maloney                   OL           6-8          275         Schenectady

Shane McLaughlin            QB          6-0          190         West Grove, Pa.

Jonny Moore                    OL           6-5          320         Erie, Pa.

Jared Verse                       DL           6-4          215         Berwick, Pa.

Larry Walker Jr.                 S              5-11       182         Aliquippa, Pa.

47 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Times-Union story on Maloney, gives a list of 13 recruits signed. Two more commits for February

UALBANY FOOTBALL 2019 SIGNEES

Jackson Ambush                 LB       6-0       195      New Market, Md.

Elijah Ayers                            CB       6-2       175      Springfield, Mass.

Garrett Bledsoe                LB           5-10       200         Cincinnati

Jalahn  Dabney                RB           5-11       200         Somerville, N.J.

Shawn  Evans                    S              5-10       185         Accokeek, Md.

Jordan Irizarry                    WR         6-0          175         Pembroke Pines, Fla.

Rushawn Lawrence         DL           6-4          240         Philadelphia

Christian Lewis                  RB           5-11       185         Farrell, Pa.

Liam Maloney                   OL           6-8          275         Schenectady

Shane McLaughlin            QB          6-0          190         West Grove, Pa.

Jonny Moore                    OL           6-5          320         Erie, Pa.

Jared Verse                       DL           6-4          215         Berwick, Pa.

Larry Walker Jr.                 S              5-11       182         Aliquippa, Pa.

Yep that's the list from yesterday.  Fields committed a couple of months ago and was on campus for an official visit on Dec 8.  He is a big tall DB.   Maybe he is one of those in Feb.  Was hoping a couple more Linemen were on the list.  Several JUCO guys offered too.  If they are May Graduates they have to wait I think.  Several linemen were offered recently and haven't signed anywhere.  A couple were Preferred walk ons - one signed with Morgan State yesterday.  There is a process they have to go through before they can sign I believe.

Edited by HOF2013

3 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Does he say who the two for February are??

No

Maloney committed but never signed w/ UConn. They wanted him to go to prep school first. He decided Albany is a better fit, will enroll Jan. 21

Note: UAlbany also signed a left-handed quarterback, Shane McLaughlin, from Lackawanna Community College in Scranton, Pa. He'll compete with freshman Jeff Undercuffler and redshirt sophomore Nyc Burns. ... Gattuso said he's having right knee replacement surgery on Feb. 5, but plans to be ready for the start of spring practice.

4 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

No

Maloney committed but never signed w/ UConn. They wanted him to go to prep school first. He decided Albany is a better fit, will enroll Jan. 21

Note: UAlbany also signed a left-handed quarterback, Shane McLaughlin, from Lackawanna Community College in Scranton, Pa. He'll compete with freshman Jeff Undercuffler and redshirt sophomore Nyc Burns. ... Gattuso said he's having right knee replacement surgery on Feb. 5, but plans to be ready for the start of spring practice.

He has been limping badly for a year.  Maybe Fields is signing in Feb.  Maybe another Lineman too!!!!  I was hoping for a couple of the JUCO lineman they have been watching.  Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Lose a Testaverde and gain a Bledsoe? I am assuming no relation based on Drew now living in Washington and owning Doubleback Winery.  

Never even made the name connection.!!

19 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Saying all of the right things except for this:

“I’m tired of being competitive,” Gattuso said. “It’s time that we fight our way through the wall, and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

We weren't really competitive. Only 4 of our 8 losses were by 14 points or less with 3 of those being 7 or less (the latter of which is what I consider 'competitive' - so that means we had 3 losses and 3 wins that were 'competitive'...out of 11 games). Our average loss margin was 14.625 points. I could see if we only had 1 or 2 bad losses that we were competitive, but we were not close to winning in almost 50% of our games.

IMO...

Edited by Eli

30 minutes ago, Eli said:

“I’m tired of being competitive,” Gattuso said. “It’s time that we fight our way through the wall, and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

We weren't really competitive. Only 4 of our 8 losses were by 14 points or less with 3 of those being 7 or less (the latter of which is what I consider 'competitive' - so that means we had 3 losses and 3 wins that were 'competitive'...out of 11 games). Our average loss margin was 14.625 points. I could see if we only had 1 or 2 bad losses that we were competitive, but we were not close to winning in almost 50% of our games.

IMO...

He was actually far more competitive in the year prior to this one where if memory serves he lost a bunch of games by 7pts or so...he ran an embarrassing squad out there this year. He's right about the QB situation, it's good the he sees the problem...the issue is it's been a problem for a half a decade and one that he can't seem to fix. He self incriminated there even though he took no responsibility or did so vaguely for the issue at the QB spot.

It's good to hear him articulate all the same things many of us have but it's one thing to know the problem, it's another to fix. He's good at BS, probably pull the wool pretty good over dumb Benson to get that new contract. I don't believe a word this clown says until he proves that he's not a liar. He deserves NO benefit of the doubt from anyone. 

He still hasn't fired anyone on this staff...that's a problem!

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Eli said:

IMO...

4 of 8 means that the season could easily have been 7 and 4

They do say 14 kids signed NLI  but only show 13.  Maybe Darren Fields is the last one!!  Just guessing.   Someone said there is a 15th gonna sign on Feb for the official signing day.  Maybe some transfers later in the year too.  Who know, was expecting a couple of more Lineman like I said.