UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena under investigation..

President of Siena gets up to the podium and welcomes J. Christian to Olean...they don't even know as a program what city they are in.- Clickclack

It finally comes out - Siena is the step child of St Bonnies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

President of Siena gets up to the podium and welcomes J. Christian to Olean...they don't even know as a program what city they are in. No wonder they couldn't find their ass with both hands trying to fire Patsos and hire a new coach. 

That is too funny but since they don't even spell sienna properly I would expect nothing less :)

2 hours ago, Patch said:

Funny Mt St Mary's had an RPI of 225 and a strength of schedule of 333 and over on the Siena Board they're trying to say he scheduled a lot of up games. He also had 2 wins this year against non DI teams and a loss to Bryant 3-28 with a 341 RPI.

Should be interesting.

Honestly on first blush if I were a Siena fan I'd be worried. His history is Gallagher 2.0 down to style of play. Extreme reliance on 3 ball don't play defense at least not last two years. Don't rebound don't get to ft line. 

4 hours ago, Patch said:

Funny Mt St Mary's had an RPI of 225 and a strength of schedule of 333 and over on the Siena Board they're trying to say he scheduled a lot of up games. He also had 2 wins this year against non DI teams and a loss to Bryant 3-28 with a 341 RPI.

Should be interesting.

He did schedule quite a few guarantee games and I think if you're going to judge his overall record it's fair to consider it. In 2016-17 he opened the schedule with 9 straight road games including Minnesota, West Virginia, Iowa State, Michigan and Arkansas. That's going to play havoc with your overall win-loss record. The schedule the year before was similiar.

Really, after the Patsos bumbling, this seems to be a better hire than they deserve.He's done what you'd want a coach to do at the low-mid major level and that's win and get to the tourney.

50-50 deal or it is time to walk ... will be significantly disappointed with our athletic director if we agree to anything less ... LCC needs that game for attendance figures, desperately ... I may, if the lopsided terms continue, have to join others on the board who have boycotted the game ... UA has won 5 of the last 6 (including the last two) ... four year deal, two and two ... anything less, please move on and schedule someone else ... let LCC  and their business partners (TUC, etc.) absorb the hit ($) ... hope that all on the board (if they haven't already) make their feelings known to Mark B. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alumni '92' said:

50-50 deal or it is time to walk ... will be significantly disappointed with our athletic director if we agree to anything less ... LCC needs that game for attendance figures, desperately ... I may, if the lopsided terms continue, have to join others on the board who have boycotted the game ... UA has won 5 of the last 6 (including the last two) ... four year deal, two and two ... anything less, please move on and schedule someone else ... let LCC  and their business partners (TUC, etc.) absorb the hit ($) ... hope that all on the board (if they haven't already) make their feelings known to Mark B. 

Agreed, I let my feelings be known...

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

All I can say is...kick rocks!

Wow. 

Do you have to be a $ienahead to be offered that job or does one become a $ienahead after that little exposure to rt 9 clowns. 

Either way, tell them to take a hike. There are plenty of maac teams better than them that would be more than happy to play a top 150 RPI team( or whatever there scheduling guidelines are that I read last year)  in a home and home. 

• Like 1

Tell them we will agree to all games at the Tuck when Duke agrees to play all games with UNC at the Dean Dome. After all, it’s a much bigger place and more people could attend the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alumni '92' said:

Some of us don't just boycott that game, but also refuse to spend any money at LCC for anything as long as they think it should be anything less than an Albany home and home. 

40 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Tell them we will agree to all games at the Tuck when Duke agrees to play all games with UNC at the Dean Dome. After all, it’s a much bigger place and more people could attend the game. 

They aren't remotely close to the level of north Carolina  and Duke but perhaps they should have been able to convince Marist , or St peters to play all their games on LCC's court if that logic had any merit :)