UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse vs Binghamton 4/20/18, 7 pm Spring Stomp

I'm a little disappointed with "Spring Stomp".  When the Alumni Association ran it, there were promotions, food deals and some contests and giveaways,  Athletics took it over this year and now there's..........................a game called Spring Stomp.  There is the reunion for LAX which the Alumni Association is coordinating.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Went to pick up dinner last night at a local place. Had my lax hat on. Man waiting wanted to talk lacrosse. Said he was sure UA would win it all. Said he was an alumni who had not followed UA in years; until lacrosse got good (did not ask when that was according to him), now he is so excited about UA again. Went to the bank this AM [had to make a huge withdrawal to pay for an extra seat for tonight---wow $25--just kidding.]  Anyhow branch manager said her husband has been begging her to start going to lacrosse but it has always been too cold. Said their children are grown and gone and they are looking for local teams to follow. Sounds like ex-$iena people, but I did not get into that. Anyhow UA seems to be talk of the town. Expect BIG crowd tonight.

Edited by dslyank

3 hours ago, alum73 said:

I'm a little disappointed with "Spring Stomp".  When the Alumni Association ran it, there were promotions, food deals and some contests and giveaways,  Athletics took it over this year and now there's..........................a game called Spring Stomp.  There is the reunion for LAX which the Alumni Association is coordinating.  

But now you get to pay for parking! ;)

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

But now you get to pay for parking! ;)

That doesn't bother me.  It's D1 athletics.  You want them, they need to be paid for. We pay for parking at football and basketball already and have all season for lacrosse.  Endowments for athletic scholarships are woefully small.  We want facility additions and improvements, but they cost.  I am happy with the progress we've made so far, but Athletics is already overextended.  They need all the revenue sources they can get.

11 minutes ago, alum73 said:

That doesn't bother me.  It's D1 athletics.  You want them, they need to be paid for. We pay for parking at football and basketball already and have all season for lacrosse.  Endowments for athletic scholarships are woefully small.  We want facility additions and improvements, but they cost.  I am happy with the progress we've made so far, but Athletics is already overextended.  They need all the revenue sources they can get.

Paying for parking is NOT  big deal.  Go to bigger schools and see how much it costs.  Parking is paid for all events now.

Stands were packed even though it was cold>  Filed is fine, limped during the third.  Brace helped him.  He was dodging fine but didn't really push it too much.  had 7 pts.  TD won 20 out of 22 - with help from the wings

Pretty solid win.  Fields seemed ok after the 1st quarter when he trusted the knee more.  Probably will be sore tomorrow.  Hopefully no issues Sunday.  TD solid but odd he took a few FO off in 2nd.  Was it by design or did he tweak something or had bell rung maybe?  JD was fine but did give up 3 goals with impossible angles that he should cover.      Yale is good.  Hopefully we play up to competition like vs Cuse and MD.

Edited by nysteve661

21 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Fields was limping in the second half. Strange that they kept him in with Yale looming in 48 hours. 

I think he is fine - he has a sprain and it will be sore.   Brace helps with stability in dodges and spins.  I did not see ANY problems at all with any of that. Just limping a little walking and jogging - soreness .   

24 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Fields was limping in the second half. Strange that they kept him in with Yale looming in 48 hours. 

He had literally almost a month off, rusty and a little aware of the brace. Timing way off - bad passes.... Sore too.  Doesn't seem to be a big deal really.  I have taped kids with similar injuries and had kids play with similar sprains.  Hell when I was as senior I had a very bad ankle sprain 1 week before our first game.  Ice whorls, exercises in the pool, tapped etc.  Hurt like hell for several games but I played fine but it continued to bother for most of the season.  And I limped, mostly because of the pain.

NOT comparing really though.  Fields is a star player and we need him to perform.