UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AmEast Tournament and Beyond

23 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The little glimpse I got into Connor's initial injury is that it was more serious, and was at least a 4-6 week recovery. When he went down on that penalty against Harvard that set him back even more. I applaud his courage, but the long game and with the wins we had in the bag Albany was going to get into the tournament.

I haven't talked with anyone since the game, but my gut says Connor is done unless we make it Memorial Day weekend and then maybe, just maybe he can get on the field.

I think our close defense is stronger, and more athletic overall then last year, but the loss of Osika is huge at the SSDM. I don't know what the situation is with Zellen, but we need some bigger bodies up top. We have given up way too many soft alley dodge shots this year, and that may be part of the reason for the early slides on defense.

Ron John is a bigger guy who saw some time early, but none recently, but overall our SSDM's while very tough are under sized. We need to fix the rotation or concept heading into the tournament. 

Offensively, I have been surprised from the get go that we do not have more Canadian concepts. Merrick coaches the Canadian team with Brown from DU, and we don't do anywhere near the picking and backside stuff, nor do we spin the ball like Denver. I don't know if that is a personnel issue or what, but with Fields out we don't seem to have anyone that can consistently beat his man one on one other than when McClancy inverts. We have several really good catch and shoot guys, but Eccles isn't that guy. Both Burgmaster's have shown an ability at times to create and shoot, but that is about it. We have to find some way to create hands free opportunities for our outside shooters.

I think Tehoka has been banged up for a while and it very well could be the freshmen wall. Other than the Syracuse game he really hasn't been effective the entire year. He still has the ability to make the incredible pass, handle, or shot, but at least now in his development I don't think he has shown that the offense can run through him. He just draws way too many double teams which leads to turnovers. Diamond has shown some ability to play X, but does he have the confidence?? I don't know. Justin, more so the last two years, showed the ability to get around X and make a shot, but lately he has been just about exclusively an off ball guy. Can he  take over the offense now?? I don't know.

I think we are in trouble, and I say that because even when we were scoring 15-20 goals a game the offense was rarely pretty, and when the second and third line guys came in I saw more hero/summer ball stuff then guys working a system. I think the way the offense is constructed now we would have a hard time scoring more than 6-8 goals against a quality defense with a stud FOGO like we saw on Sunday so to go far, surprisingly it is going to come down to the defense and JD IMO.

Ron John played a lot in a game a couple of weeks ago.  did well.  Not sure.

Well as I said earlier, this team should beat Hartford even without Fields.  Then the biggest decision of Marrs career.  Do you play Fields if he is 75% in AE tourney?  If you do, have a better chance to win it and have a top 5 seed in NCAAs and a home game.  Of course if he reinjures the knee, he will be out for NCAA and probably lose in 1st round.  If you hold him out, don't think we win the AE the way other teams are playing , lousy seed, and tougher road to the big weekend.  Tough decision but true that a loss in AE still means we play in NCAA.  Loss there and season over.

It is a sprain.  No structural damage - same as initial diagnosis!   If it is taped properly and a better brace OVER the tape he will be fine.  May not be able to dodge a lot but can still feed and take his patented shot from the top.  That flimsy little brace was terrible.   If we get another lousy seed in the NCAA tourney we'll be out the first round!

I don't know much about lacrosse, but if Tehoka likes to bang and initiate contact give him a long poll and let him play D.

Every time he touched the ball I was like welp, that's going to be a turnover. Sure enough he tries to muscle his way through double teams time after time.

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

I don't know much about lacrosse, but if Tehoka likes to bang and initiate contact give him a long poll and let him play D.

Every time he touched the ball I was like welp, that's going to be a turnover. Sure enough he tries to muscle his way through double teams time after time.

Yep he tires to force the ball and then gets the double or triple from the slide and is beat up and drops the ball.  Got to pass the ball quickly

Edited by HOF2013

Go on your GDAC account and order tickets for BOTH the potential Am East and NCAA tournament home games - if you are a season ticket holder you can also pre-order parking in the SEFCU lot.  I did both.  You pay AFTER we are in.