UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Quarterfinals vs. Denver (Hofstra University)

19 minutes ago, jimbo said:

How many times is it ok to watch the beginning and end of a game before seeking professional help? Just curious. 

Ha, I just did the same thing 5 min ago, and last night,  and yesterday morning.

Speaking of re-watching. I rewatched last night and the un-sportmanship {or whatever they called it} penalty on Tehoka seemed un-justified. A den player was laying on top of McClancy and all Tehoka did was push the player off. It did not look like a hard push or aggressive. Maybe I missed something, I better watch it again?

Just now, dslyank said:

Speaking of re-watching. I rewatched last night and the un-sportmanship {or whatever they called it} penalty on Tehoka seemed un-justified. A den player was laying on top of McClancy and all Tehoka did was push the player off. It did not look like a hard push or aggressive. Maybe I missed something, I better watch it again?

I think the first push was ok, but then there was another shove (and who knows what was said?) TN didn’t argue much and I got the impression that it was deserved. Earlier in the year, was he using that extended arm to protect the crosse? Or is that a newer development? In any case it seems to working. He also is way ahead in penalty minutes this year. Let’s see if that declines. 

The game was so much fun. Two moments that stood out to me were when Troy Reh knocked the Denver player over in transition to get the ball back (sorry for my lack of lacrosse terminology) and the goal where they scrambled behind the net after causing a turnover to put it in.

I was soaked the whole game (that's what you get when you decide the best way to get to Hofstra is a 4-mile run from the nearest train station), but it was so worth it!

1 minute ago, TheLoudestTrumpet said:

The game was so much fun. Two moments that stood out to me were when Troy Reh knocked the Denver player over in transition to get the ball back (sorry for my lack of lacrosse terminology) and the goal where they scrambled behind the net after causing a turnover to put it in.

I was soaked the whole game (that's what you get when you decide the best way to get to Hofstra is a 4-mile run from the nearest train station), but it was so worth it!

That entire play was awesome!  Pure all out hustle!

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I think the first push was ok, but then there was another shove (and who knows what was said?) TN didn’t argue much and I got the impression that it was deserved. Earlier in the year, was he using that extended arm to protect the crosse? Or is that a newer development? In any case it seems to working. He also is way ahead in penalty minutes this year. Let’s see if that declines. 

Maybe he is BUT he is attacked, literally every time he has the ball, other teams slide to doubles and even triple - he holds the ball too long a lot.  Been passing it quicker recently

Some Denver fans, of course, complaining about the refs on Laxpower, especially talking about  no calls Tehoke warding - like on his bull rush that knocked the defender back three steps, he had his arm out and maybe gave a push, but the forearm wasn't extended so not a ward as I understand it, but I never played lax. Also the defender wasn't stationary, his shoulder was lower and moving into TN before the hit, if that makes any difference.

Also, when exactly was the time TN took a stick to the neck on an unsettled? End of the third quarter?

What about the time Baptiste hit TD clearly on top of the head coming out of the FO and McClancy got the ball and went down on the fast break and scored?  That was cool I guess!.  TN was NOT warding.  Holding your arm to protect is not warding.  Warding is when you purposely push the defender's stick out of the way.  Haven't seen it called hardly at all this year.  I think once against a team we were playing.

13 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Denver is just upset they lost.  Need to find something to gripe about.

Tehoka does NOT ward.  he legally uses his free arm to protect his body and stick - something new or going back to fundamentals.  Warding is when you take the free arm to push the defender or his stick away from you.

Baptiste was using the butt end of his stick like an in ice pick. I’ve never seen that before. That play by Patterson where he deflected the flip back to the goalie, scooped the ball and scored, all while falling to the ground, should be on SC top ten and stay there.  Amazing. I’m so happy we get to see him for two more years. And T Mccomber looks to be Tehoka in a smaller package.  Can’t wait to see him too. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Tehoka does NOT ward.  he legally uses his free arm to protect his body and stick - something new or going back to fundamentals.  Warding is when you take the free arm to push the defender or his stick away from you.

He wasn’t warding whatsoever.  The fans just need a reason why TN abused them.