UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Quarterfinals vs. Denver (Hofstra University)

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

Some other stats:  10 for 10 on clears, only 5 turnovers,  none by Tehoka, 2 of 4 on man-up.

Awesome!

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

The greatness of td can never be questioned again... This man just took over the mantle of the best as Baptiste graduated and career over. 

HOPEFULLY all of the 'talkers' who they have on ESPN and USA Lacrosse will stop disrespecting the program and give some props.  Sorry but I get pissed listening to them.  Those 2 young guys they had on what asses!!!!! 

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

HOPEFULLY all of the 'talkers' who they have on ESPN and USA Lacrosse will stop disrespecting the program and give some props.  Sorry but I get pissed listening to them.  Those 2 young guys they had on what asses!!!!! 

What were they saying? Did it change once the Danes won?

Damn, it would (will) be nice to beat Yale.

They had a couple of young guys and the two who are always on there disrespecting the Danes.  They all played at "Elite" programs and think we don't belong.  All said Baptiste would dominate and UA hadn't played anybody.

Edited by HOF2013

9 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

They had a couple of young guys and the two who are always on there disrespecting the Danes.  They all played at "Elite" programs and think we don't belong.  All said baptiste would dominate and UA hadn't played anybody.

Yeah, I did hear them make the 70% prediction for Baptiste. Way off.

I am talking about the US Lacrosse Guys that are doing the NCAA guys they have in the studio during the games and between games.  They constantly disrespect us.  Those two young guys were the worst of the worst.  "They haven't played anybody"  AND the two who were in th4e studio with them.  I don't know their name - they are ALWAYS disrespecting us.  The two who were on the field,  the FO guy they all the"Beast" was not and the other guy grew up with Marr and likes the Danes.  I do not know there names.

Studio guys all picked Denver before the game. If Fields was healthy all year I think this team goes undefeated and wins by more today. 

Anyway, since I don't have electric I watched the game at a Yard House in the mall while my wife and kids walked around. Even got a couple next to me fully into the game and excited about it. I think most people thought I was nuts when I was standing with my arms raised screaming yes when they won. Ha!

I absolutely loved watching the faceoff battle. Two tremendous players battling hard. TD did an amazing job against one of the all-time best. So proud of that young man's performance. 

Nanticoke is such a big bull and I love it but he really needs to be careful. He threw a bit of a punch when he was on the ground and at one point after the whistle faked throwing the ball at a defender's face. He needs to cut that stuff out but man is he good. The goal at the end of the half was just amazing. 

Just so happy and proud of this team. Now it's time to get revenge on Yale and get to Monday!!

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Don't agree. Even all the announcers think Baptiste is a God.  Nobody has even come close to tying him or beating him all year.  TD is obviously as good or better. This is the elite 8 - everybody is good.

Wow, what a game.

if you had told me the face offs would be 50/50 and Ready would out save JD I would have said we are probably in trouble. I am more in agreement with Steve.

Once again the close D played a great game, but the overall D didn’t have the sort of game that raises the trophy on Memorial Day, but in this case I think we played it right by and large in that we didn’t let Walker and French get going. I think middies scored 10/13 goals, and you expect JD to make more of those saves. Other than Connor Kelly there isn’t anyone we may face who can shoot it like Colton Jackson and on a couple of those JD was screened by our defenders. I’m still not a huge fan of how we play the alley dodge, but at least today we played it more  straight up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Idk I see a love fest by Anish, quint, and Paul. Was at the game so idk who was in studio

Quint or maybe Paul is the good one - he is friends with Marr.  The other two - always disrespecting us;  and those two yong idiots they had in the studio.  Outrageous

Edited by HOF2013

7 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Wow, what a game.

if you had told me the face offs would be 50/50 and Ready would out save JD I would have said we are probably in trouble. I am more in agreement with Steve.

Once again the close D played a great game, but the overall D didn’t have the sort of game that raises the trophy on Memorial Day, but in this case I think we played it right by and large in that we didn’t let Walker and French get going. I think middies scored 10/13 goals, and you expect JD to make more of those saves. Other than Connor Kelly there isn’t anyone we may face who can shoot it like Colton Jackson and on a couple of those JD was screened by our defenders. I’m still not a huge fan of how we play the alley dodge, but at least today we played it more  straight up.

Looked like they just refused to go out and cover Jackson and the other guys out front on the corners - defensive strategy maybe.  Didn't want them getting close.  In the end it worked though.  JD did not have his best game but did just enough in the 4th