UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

The NCAA rule change will be voted on 5/20 and I believe it's a foregone conclusion that it will pass that's why you see some schools ahead of the curve recruiting kids that will most likely not have to sit out. 

As for Hinckson, he would play the four here. He's a legit 6'7, 220lb. For comparison, Travis Charles was 6'6.  

Edited by Clickclack

New Oreans PF Gerrale Gates is transferring to Albany. Played two years at New Orleans and averaged roughly 8 pts and 5 rebounds his first two years there. Was the Southland Conference Freshman of the Year last year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Dont know much about gates but 6’8 and productive at a higher league I will take it. Now we need one more of these centers-power forwards. The 1-3 spots are absolutely loaded heading into next year. 

Higher league ??? The Southland conference ( the conference of his former team) was ranked 30 out of 32 conferences) To put things in perspective our conference was ranked 21st of 32. I think you just say things to say things.  No knowledge at all just talk. 

Also when he was a freshman his former conference was ranked 30 of 32. 

That being said at least he is a division 1 player that had some success.  I like the pick up. Will give us some much needed depth. We will see if he need to sit a year or not. 

• Thanks 1

Quick review of this kid based on looking at his numbers. 

- Legit big body at 6'7 235lb

- Draws fouls at an insane clip...127th in the country, 105th in the country as a freshman, this usually means a very active player who plays hard

- Is a very good rebounder

- Solid passer for a big...assist rate of 14%. By comparison Lulka was 6.1%, Hanks 5.7%, Lauderdale 4.7%

- Can't shoot...can hit a ft% though...which is good considering he lives at the line. 

Without seeing him it's hard to predict what he'll do here but analytics are encouraged for what we need here. Watching video's of him...can't believe how much he reminds me of the old Knick Anthony Mason. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Seems like a good get for ua, need a few more bigs. Any update on if hanks is giving it another whirl this coming season?  

rotation;

Anderson, amica

cj, healey rizzuto

champion, hutcheson, shaffer

hutcheson, lulka

gates, then need two more centers

Edited by Bball2020
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Seems like a good get for ua, need a few more bigs. Any update on if hanks is giving it another whirl this coming season?  

rotation;

Anderson, amica

cj, healey rizzuto

champion, hutcheson, shaffer?

hutcheson, lulka

If you followed the team you would know that Hank has been on every video thanking different people (first responders,  teachers, ect) . Giving updates from Australia.  He is on this team. He is part of UAlbany Basketball whether like it or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bball2020 said:

rotation;

Anderson, amica

cj, healey rizzuto

champion, hutcheson, shaffer?

hutcheson, lulka

Dude...it's not the fans job to construct roster...telling a kid we don't want you on an open forum is kind of low. I mean shoot, I could understand of it was in heat of game or something but on a cool head?

He's not going anywhere...

As for rotation...

- jojo

- Healy

- Horton

- gates

- center to be named later

Edited by Clickclack

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Dude...it's not the fans job to construct roster...telling a kid we don't want you on an open forum is kind of low. I mean shoot, I could understand of it was in heat of game or something but on a cool head?

He's not going anywhere...

Thank you for your comments!

5 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Thank you for your comments!

I'm no angel when it comes to this type of talk...but on a cool head, I'm not entirely crazy. This is a kid who's been nothing but a good citizen...getting his education.

Brown will figure it out.

Edited by Clickclack

So if its confirmed that shaffer and hanks are both playing basketball next year for albany that leaves the major need of at least one more athletic if possible big man, preferably two of them. The guard rotation is full and even hutcheson can play the stretch four in the low division one league games.  It will be good to have competition for playing time at the 1-4 spots first time in years.  Heres to hoping they land an athletic big!

3 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

"So if its confirmed that shaffer and hanks are both playing basketball next year for albany"

"and even hutcheson can play the stretch four in the low division one"

Confirmed? It was never in doubt.

And can you shut up about the low division 1 nonsense? WE GET IT. You think UA might as well be D2. Give it a rest already.

Edited by Eli

Lineup as it stands today, obviously lots to be decided and per Eli hanks will be back so hes on here along with shafer

anderson,Horton, amica(could start if good preseason)

Healey,  rizzuto, shafer

Champion, kelly, 

hutcheson, gates, transfer tba, lulka

transfer tba ,  maybe lulka slides down, hanks

I definitely think hutcheson will start no matter what, coaches have their favorites and browns is hutcheson. Was a nice get but had a very long leash last year, probably banking in him hitting more consistently this next year. Rizzuto will have stiff competition from kelly, champion, horton, anderson and amica for minutes- competitions a good problem for teams to have.

Edited by Bball2020