UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

41 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

I think we do all we can to help desousa find a new school, desparately need athletic bigs (most low division one schools do) . Id like to see three grad transfer bigs infuse the team. Wow with horton and anderson and Amica are guard depth is amazing now.

DeSousa is talented and knows the system already. With his length and athleticism, he really could be the solution. I don't know why he decided to leave: maybe he sees himself as a slasher and no playing time coming. Maybe Brown pushed him out because of the lack of improvement or work ethic, maybe he thinks he could go higher, or maybe he wants to go lower and dominate. Who knows. I wish him well either way. 

Rian Carter impressed during the PG scrimmage last year, and I could see him working his way onto the floor if he has the work ethic and desire.

Anderson's injury is the question mark with him. 

With the 4 current ball handlers, I actually feel pretty good about the point guard position right now, but so much depends on on health and a freshman. I wouldn't be against adding another as an insurance policy.

Current Grades:

PG: B (could be an A or C depending on health and how Amica plays)

SG: A

Wing: B (could be an A, but I expect a Hutcheson Sophomore Slump)

PF: D (could be as high as a B if Lulka is healthy, but there is literally 0 depth)

Center: D (Could be a C, but Hank still needs an offensive game and there is literally 0 depth)

The fastest way for me to be excited for the team next year would be for the news to come out the Anderson is healthy with no restrictions and the team to sign an athletic 6'8" or 6'9" big and a center that can play 20 minutes a game. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

Lulka was a 10/7 guy as a freshman.  I dont care what level your in that's pretty good. I expect him to start and play a pretty major role (if not injuried) . My concern is of course getting some atheltics big men. Which is tough at the mid major level.

Also we need to Balance out the classes. We have several jr's. Need at least 1 more freshman if not more. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Lulka was a 10/7 guy as a freshman.  I dont care what level your in that's pretty good. I expect him to start and play a pretty major role (if not injuried) . My concern is of course getting some atheltics big men. Which is tough at the mid major level.

Also we need to Balance out the classes. We have several jr's. Need at least 1 more freshman if not more. 

I see what you did there...hahahaha.

For those who dont know much about champion hes a philly kid, was a lethal player at lasalle hs in philly, high expectations , averaged 11ppg as a soph and looks like around 10 as a junior. Hurt last year. Initial projection at loyola was hed be a star, while never making that he did have solid numbers soph and junior year. My guess is he will play the three, not a great shooter but hell of an athlete. Backcourt is loaded.

Coming off an injury is always a concern but this looks like a solid pickup. I think the Patriot League doesn't allow fifth-year seniors so he had to transfer if I'm not mistaken.

Like Click said, another veteran guard is a good addition.

10 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Coming off an injury is always a concern but this looks like a solid pickup. I think the Patriot League doesn't allow fifth-year seniors so he had to transfer if I'm not mistaken.

Like Click said, another veteran guard is a good addition.

Does anyone else remember a Loyola MD kid that made a huge difference for this program in the past?

• Like 1