UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2020

29 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Let's face it ..we are out of options. 

You would know way better then me but there are still several hundred players in the portal. (Several good players ). A ton of minutes for big guys . You would think someone would want to come and play 30 minutes a night. 

• Like 1

At 6'5", he seems like he might be undersized to play inside, though watching some football highlights he does seem strong as hell

Like Ahmad Clark, he's a DeMatha kid. I like the idea of building a deeper connection and pipeline from that program

I was bored and drinking last night reading up on some of the commits this year. CJ Kelly seems really interesting to me. Great background in High School and a connection to Brown. He didn't overly impress at Norfolk and it's not like the MEAC is a power conference, but he seems to have some major upside potential. Not a fan of the fact that one of the only non-conference games that he didn't score in was against LCC in his year at Norfolk, but I digress.

Is this the new Brown MO? Look for guys with high upside with injury issues and hope they heal and return to their previous form? I am a gambler by nature, but this has been very risky the last few seasons.

Anyway, reading up on some of the new blood, it's hard to not be excited for the possibilities in a Lambless AE and a gutted SBU. 

Find us a "big" big and this team may be a surprise success.

Edited by godanesgo99

38 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I was bored and drinking last night reading up on some of the commits this year. CJ Kelly seems really interesting to me. Great background in High School and a connection to Brown. He didn't overly impress at Norfolk and it's not like the MEAC is a power conference, but he seems to have some major upside potential. Not a fan of the fact that one of the only non-conference games that he didn't score in was against LCC in his year at Norfolk, but I digress.

Is this the new Brown MO? Look for guys with high upside with injury issues and hope they heal and return to their previous form? I am a gambler by nature, but this has been very risky the last few seasons.

Anyway, reading up on some of the new blood, it's hard to not be excited for the possibilities in a Lambless AE and a gutted SBU. 

Find us a "big" big and this team may be a surprise success.

This is what you resort to when the coaching staff has problems developing players.

There appears to be 400+ available players in the tranfer portal.  Got to figure we are recruiting hard but jesus. Get a big man here, that will play big minutes.  Should not be that hard. Really nobody to compete with. Then again I've never recruited anyone.  Plus I know what if they are not a grad transfer they may need to sit a year. 

Right the additions of kelly, champion and horton are big. The latest 6’5 center from duquesne is atheltic but most likely very raw and rusty. This is the new way college basketball works. They do desparately need a good center. Good players transfer up to mid major sometimes high major levels, players not getting minutes transfer down to the low level. This is how the landscape will be moving forward. Yes SBU got crushed on transfers, just the way it is going to be here on out.

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Maybe Will Brown's experience with JUCO and transfers over the last 10 years or so will give UA a headstart at adapting to the new landscape. Who knows. The 4-year Mid-Major star like Anthony Lamb is going to be rarer and rarer as time goes on. 

Funny that you mention Lamb in this thread. Kellon Taylor is basically the same height as Lamb and Andrew Garcia who were two of the better PFs in our conference. Sam Rowley was about the same size and our best post player in the D1 era.

If we bring in another big, Taylor can certainly play up front. He was recruited to some A-10 and CAA schools coming out of high school and higher offers for football. I have to wonder if Duquense was the only school who would let him play both sports. 

I don't know much about the guy, but I have to say, a guy playing two D1 sports is probably a pretty hard worker.

• Like 2