UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MLAX NCAA Semifinal vs Yale (Gillette Stadium)

31 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I’ve seen Hay play a lot in high school. If I had to compare him to some one on the current team I would say he is a more athletic version of AJ. Kluck and could play low or LSM. A definite candidate to see the field next year if the coaches are not locked into playing upperclassmen.

I think the kid from Oregon is more of a project. He got beat a lot last summer but has all the tools if he is coached up. A definite ACC body.

At least last summer the Avon kid was the best pole on the field of the 17’s and 18’s. It wasn’t even close and the next best I thought was another big kid who I want to say will be a senior in high school this upcoming year, but if I recall might have been getting some high level football interest.

My one question is the two way system. When you can blow out a team it is great, but Kyle, Jack, and Alex were asked to do a lot, too much IMO. I suspect that impacted the team defense.

I agree - Not a huge fan of the system. It DOES work against America East but NOT with the ACC, Ivy etc school.  Weathersby?  The Oregon kid didn't have any current videos so it was hard to compare.  Hay has none that I can find.

BTW  TD's brother is a goalie at Victor I think - incredible comments about his ability on-line.

BTW - the 2018 video has Zane Gray [Oregon] playing short stick in a couple of games at the end of his senior year vids.  He has a score of 80 on inside Lacrosse rankings

Ryan Smith, West Genesse is a tall M -6' 2" but thin

Samuel Swingruber is also a tall M 6' 1" and very thin. He is number 18 on inside lacrosse with a score of 85

Teioshontathe McComber, is number 62 on the Inside Lacrosse list with an 84 ranking of Attackmen

Tanner Hay was number 88 on the inside Lacrosse list but I do not find a score from them

Edited by HOF2013

I’m spacing it off. Let me look.

The 2019 was Blake Runkel and Avon is Owen Weathersby. I’ve never seen either play beyond that one week but have seen Weathersby get quite a few mentions from the various guys who cover New England lacrosse.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

1 minute ago, bob87 said:

Not the way I wanted the season to end, but another example of great coverage by the local paper.

Great season as well

Yep

Well, the lucky shirt lost its mojo. It was 5-0 when I turned off ESPN and 9-2 when I went to airplane mode. Sitting in EWR and checking comments. Based on what I saw it seemed nothing was working an defense was non existent. It’s games like these where the overall level of athlete at all positions really takes over. Well, it was a great ride, but a sad end. Thanks to all of the seniors for all of the wins and thrills. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Well, the lucky shirt lost its mojo. It was 5-0 when I turned off ESPN and 9-2 when I went to airplane mode. Sitting in EWR and checking comments. Based on what I saw it seemed nothing was working an defense was non existent. It’s games like these where the overall level of athlete at all positions really takes over. Well, it was a great ride, but a sad end. Thanks to all of the seniors for all of the wins and thrills. 

Well said!

Yale is big and very athletic. We have tough as nails guys playing SSDM, but in a game like this playing both ways is a lot to ask.

We either need more two way guys or think about tweaking the system. Not many, if any guys can play final four level lacrosse on both ends of the field.

• Thanks 1

I blame the loss on the seeding, lol.  Wish we were playing Maryland today since they just played lousy game vs Duke (and we beat them this year) and then we could have played the Duke/Yale winner Monday.  I guess Duke would have been lesser of two evils since we know what Yale does to us.

That was just really hard to watch. Everyone can say what they want but I am damn proud of this team and I'm just sad and hurting for Connor Fields, the other seniors and the whole team really. Who knows what could've been if Fields was healthy the whole year. Just a really tough way to end the season.  In a 2 v 3 matchup like today anyone can win and I really thought it would be a close and hard fought game but Yale just seems to know how to play against us on both sides of the field.  This sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Love this article. Michael Kelly is just doing an unbelievable job covering UA sports.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/05/26/despite-the-pain-fields-finishes-ualbany-career-with-a-smile

Michael Kelly has done an outstanding job covering the Danes this year!

Connor is just such a class act. The Thompson’s got the hardware but Connor might go down as my favorite Dane ever. It does like there was more going on with his knee. I wish it had been handled differently but either way a real warrior, and a great, Great Dane.

Thank you Connor and to all the seniors.

All I can add is what I saw when most of the Albany 2017’s, 18’s, and a few younger guys played together last summer, and I have seen several of the New York guys play in high school.

I really don’t know if more recruits are seeking out Albany or not, but the next couple of classes look pretty good, with some bigger bodied guys, but only time will tell how they make the transition.

The biggest question to me is who quarterbacks the offense. I don’t think it is Tehoka, and if Patterson moves down to attack it isn’t obvious right now who plays the fourth attack out of the box.

The next big whole is LSM. All three guys who played are graduating and filling Troy’s shoes will be very difficult to do. Of the current poles maybe Spahr is the most natural option, and two of the incoming guys could get a look there having seen both of them play. I would think a Connor fills Stone’s spot at close.

We lose a lot of midfield depth with McClancy, Eagan, and Wolf moving on as well.

11 hours ago, Clickclack said:

What do we have in a team next year... I know loses are huge. Has our recruiting been trending up or down... Is there any significant talent coming in like TN? 

Go to the thread on recruits