UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I (hopefully) speak for the vast majority of UAlbany Lacrosse Alumni when I say — Thank you, T.D., for two outstanding years of service. The marked improvement of the “rope”/ face-off unit made it possible for all of us to finally answer the question “Can you imagine how good they’d be if they could win a face-off?”

I wish you all of the best with everything your future will bring......, I assume you will be reading this in the next couple of days. If you want to play some indoor lacrosse at Shove Park this summer(west genny), get in touch with me on twitter @jpompo6 

Good Luck- except when affecting UA In any way!

Edited by JPompo6
  • Thanks 1

I too thank TD for his two years of service and really "want to" wish him good luck. But I still feel he owes the team and even the fans a honest reason WHY?  If his reason is just that he thinks his chances of winning @ wherever and getting a better education than @ UA is the "why"; than so be it. But if rumors are true that he feels  the team, the coach, etc. are too relaxed and do not work hard enough is the "why"; he should man-up and say so. Cremo and to a lesser extent Nichols faced the media and fans and were open and honest with their decisions to transfer. IMHO I do not feel TD has done likewise and I for one have a difficult time wishing him luck until he does so.

Edited by dslyank

@dslyank I can appreciate where you're coming from. It certainly would be nice if he at least explained to the coaching staff why he made the choice he did just for the sake of internal quality review. I have read it here a few times and it is 100% true that if people think that the players at Yale or Johns Hopkins don't engage in the kind of risky behavior that can impact a season they are sadly mistaken. 

Look at the NCAA survey on substance abuse..... Men's D1 lacrosse leads all sports in all ADMITTED usage of hard drugs, alcohol, and pot. Each school tends to have their own blend of issues but they all have issues none the less. 

It is very common for players to get the itch to transfer after their sophomore season. In fact, it seemed like everyone I knew was "considering" transferring that summer for one reason or the next and I am not referring to UA players only. One of my good friends was a 2 year starter on a back to back national championship lacrosse team and even he said he wanted to transfer...... 

At the end of the day I suppose we can be grateful that other than Seth leaving early, we haven't lost too many players and none until TD have been lost to "poaching." If you look at other mid-major programs, they lose players all the time to kids who felt they should have been more highly recruited and weren't. 

• Haha 1

Great point on the poaching.

Again my only issue, and I think this is more media driven, is that the program isn't serious enough. Everyone knows that Coach Marr runs things differently than most coaches, but stories like that will keep certain families from considering UA, and I don't think it is an accurate reflection of the program.

For the record, I do not wish him well, in fact I wish him nothing...this man quit on the school, his coach that recruited him and he spoke glowingly about and his teammates. If folks here want to carry on like he didn't quit on the #purplefam...go for it. 

As for me, I wish him nothing! #snake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Clickclack said:

For the record, I do not wish him well, in fact I wish him nothing...this man quit on the school, his coach that recruited him and he spoke glowingly about and his teammates. If folks here want to carry on like he didn't quit on the #purplefam...go for it. 

As for me, I wish him nothing! #snake

Click is SALTY!

......and I like it.  :D

• Haha 2

I am holding my tongue on all this butt kissing to TD.  I am sorry but I think it is a bunch of crap and I can not swallow that much of a load.   I have bled purple for the many years since I played at UA.  I think is shows a total lack of loyalty to the school, his coaches and the team mates at UA.  Sorry but some of you are WAY too touchy feely.  I won't tell you what I would say to him if I had a chance.  I can't listen to it anymore and will stay away for a while.   Screw him!

• Like 2

I was as mad as some of you guys at first.  It sucks to lose a player of that caliber.  I agreed he was like KD and said his decision was weak earlier in this thread.  I will never be happy about it, but I've moved on at this point.  We don't know the reasons why.  I would hope he at least had that conversation with coach.  I don't think anyone here can say if that definitively did or did not happen. As far as telling us fans why, hopefully he will do that at some point, but why would he do it now?  No matter what he says, coaching, education, fit, he would get killed regardless.  Maybe down the road, like when we play Yale next year he will give us some answers.  If not that is his choice. 

There is so much we don't know about the situation so I would suggest stop taking it so personally and pull back on the self-righteous loyalty talk.  I love Albany, but I can't say I wouldn't choose a Yale degree if I had that choice back in the day.  

As far as him with the positive, encouraging comments during the season how can some of you be angry about that?  He was supporting his team.  He played as hard as anyone all year.  That commitment with him possibly just not being happy for whatever reason I think speaks to his character.  

I'm sad, mad, disappointed, but I do wish the guy well. He is a young man and most of us on here are not so let's just move on guys. 

PS.. it's Saturday night and I had a few cocktails with some UA friends and this was a highly debated topic of conversation.  So that might have contributed to my ramblings (I apologize), but I did get a few to agree to the just move on. ?

I seriously do not get the venom aimed at TD. The kid never bitched, moaned or acted anything other than gung ho about UA Lax. He gave it all he had for two years and for whatever reason it’s time for him to make a change. It’s a free country and he’s not an indentured servant. He was a Dane, now he’s the enemy. Let it go folks. It’s one guy! If there’s some mass exodus of top players then maybe we should be worried about the program. I’m done talking about it and am not worried about it. Students transfer all the time for a variety of reasons and we never hear about it because they are not in the spotlight. We don’t make them give an exit interview where they state the reason they are leaving. 

I think we are all learning this new feeling of being fans of a high caliber program. This happens when your program grows and your bring in recruits. As fans, we are use to our high profile players being high profile in our eyes, not the nation eyes. We are use to these players staying all 4 years. However, as all the major programs in majors sports, this stuff happens. It terrible, it sucks. We scream about loyalty because we are use to it and we believe in it. However, when you reach higher levels, this happens. I'm angry and upset, but it's not surprising either. It happens in all collegiate sports with major programs. I think we are a little more pissed in this case because it was Yale, who beat UA twice this year and won a national title. That is my take. So we won't retire his number.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

I seriously do not get the venom aimed at TD. The kid never bitched, moaned or acted anything other than gung ho about UA Lax. He gave it all he had for two years and for whatever reason it’s time for him to make a change. It’s a free country and he’s not an indentured servant. He was a Dane, now he’s the enemy. Let it go folks. It’s one guy! If there’s some mass exodus of top players then maybe we should be worried about the program. I’m done talking about it and am not worried about it. Students transfer all the time for a variety of reasons and we never hear about it because they are not in the spotlight. We don’t make them give an exit interview where they state the reason they are leaving. 

Don't confuse my comment of wishing him no luck with wishing him bad luck. I wish him neither good nor bad luck. He quit on us so I quit on him... You want to sit here and wish "the enemy" as you so eloquently put it good luck... Good on you. I certainly won't be doing anything of the sort. I have no objection to him leaving... He's not an indentured servant as you said and he can go. His exit and how he did it amounts to pissing on the school, his teammates/coaches and fans... If you and slick want to lap it up like it's rain from the heavens while lecturing us how we are all haters, like I said good on you. 

I'm certainly not going to be told what to feel as if I should wish him good luck or that I need to gravel at his feet for the wonderful two years he gave us and then quit. If I had to leave him with two words, they wouldn't be good luck... Probably something closer to duck-goo

Edited by Clickclack

He didn’t like his purple family and he left.  He is nothing to UA and never will be.  He won’t be welcomed back, and he will be lucky to create a family relationship with only two years at Yale.  He will be done with his college career and barely have an alma mater.

So be it.

Same thing with Nichols and Cremo.  I don’t want either of them to visit UA.  They divorced their relationship as well.  No ill will but they are no longer apart of the family.

Edited by uofalbany
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Too each their own.  I don't want to create animosity with anyone here. I respect all the true UA fans on this board.  Just stating my opinion and let's just agree to disagree.  I will continue to support the athletes who represent our school just like everyone else here.  Don't get it twisted, I have not and will never "root" for someone who leaves the school.  Good luck to me was meant more as a euphemism for beat it or better yet F off.  Like I said I was a little in my cups last night and I tend to not get angry, but more sentimental.

Click, I appreciate your passion for UA...dont hate on me bro ?