Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could care less. Kid has no backbone.  Whatever.  Program existed before and after him 

To me it’s a bitch move

We made it to the final four this year! Do we think we need to tear down the UA program because of one kid's decision?  Hell no! Every program needs to evolve, each year things are tweaked f

44 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

They are a bit goofy and amateurish.  They are trashing the UA defense as I'm listening.  A sub average D1 defense. 

They can be at times, but believe it or not have votes in the media poll and they had on field credentials for the final four so while they can be goofballs, they do have pretty good access.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Singelais tweeted that Marr declined to respond to rumors of UA transfers in or out of program.  Odd that Marr did not say there was no truth to it to squash the rumors according to Mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In today's world, a coach needs removed from the rumor mill.  Coach Matt needs to maintain confidentiality of the athletes that he is responsible for.  If an athlete decides to go public about jumping ship so be it.  A coach can only control so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Singelais tweeted that Marr declined to respond to rumors of UA transfers in or out of program.  Odd that Marr did not say there was no truth to it to squash the rumors according to Mark.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. If I am positively trying to read between the lines that tells me that there is something going on, but there hasn't been an official decision yet. The negative take is that it is a done deal, but Coach Marr being the class guy that he is, is waiting for TD to make the announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me throw this out there and see if this makes  sense.   I will assume that it is TD and he was unhappy.   I don't know the young man but from what we see on the field he is an intense player, hardworking at his craft.   The team is a loose, laid back bunch of guys , who are allowed by coaching staff to goof around in practice,  and generally have fun.  Now our success has been great over the past decade, so that atmosphere does work, but when it gets to big game, we fall short.  Could TD be unhappy about how the team is run, where a more serious attitude  at crunch time could put the team over the top?  He might prefer the coaching staff to light a fire  when team is being outplayed but Marr is too calm.  TD is busting his butt winning FO's , being serious and intense, and may feel that others are not held accountable for turnovers, poor defense, ill advised shots, etc .  Can't change the young man and Marr won't change so it could  be oil and water.   Does TD think he can not win a championship here in next 2 years due to this? I could be way off base but I respect the board members thoughts. Let's hope he stays and rumors were just that, rumors.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a semi insider, if I had to make the leap I would say you are spot on, and I have said something similar in the past.

I can say as a parent who has a kid who is serious and a very good student, the happy band of pirates or misfits is ok if that serves as a source of motivation as the guys who got overlooked, but I don't think in the grand scheme of things it necessarily serves the program well and it certainly isn't  representative of the majority of the guys I have met. 

With a healthy Connor Fields this was clearly the best chance ever of winning a national championship, but I am not sure even with a 100% healthy Connor it would have mattered. No one was a harsher critic of himself than TD. I don't have insights into the execution that the coaching staff puts on the players and things like personal accountability. 

You don't get to the Final Four, and have several years in a row of high level success with the thing being a circus, but I do think you are far closer to the truth.  My impression is that there is a very open line of communications from the players to the coaching staff. I do think there have been "issues" on how certain players ave been handled. Maybe that rubs certain guys the wrong way, but I don't know that to be true.

I will say too, that we know kids at a bunch of different programs - some with hard ass coaches and the team is full of derelicts and there are things that go on that the public never hears about. 

Edited by AlbanyFan2018
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just can't keep reading this stuff.  If TD leaves it is devastating to the program, especially since we have come so far over the last 10 years and FO was basically the last link in the chain.  I love Connor Fields BUT good or great teams have to overcome graduations.  We have some good ones coming in.  I think if TD leaves it is just more devastating than losing Connor and the other seniors to graduation.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Let me throw this out there and see if this makes  sense.   I will assume that it is TD and he was unhappy.   I don't know the young man but from what we see on the field he is an intense player, hardworking at his craft.   The team is a loose, laid back bunch of guys , who are allowed by coaching staff to goof around in practice,  and generally have fun.  Now our success has been great over the past decade, so that atmosphere does work, but when it gets to big game, we fall short.  Could TD be unhappy about how the team is run, where a more serious attitude  at crunch time could put the team over the top?  He might prefer the coaching staff to light a fire  when team is being outplayed but Marr is too calm.  TD is busting his butt winning FO's , being serious and intense, and may feel that others are not held accountable for turnovers, poor defense, ill advised shots, etc .  Can't change the young man and Marr won't change so it could  be oil and water.   Does TD think he can not win a championship here in next 2 years due to this? I could be way off base but I respect the board members thoughts. Let's hope he stays and rumors were just that, rumors.

Sorry but we won several big games this year, Cornell, Maryland, Denver!!   You are talking about one game Yale > "Now our success has been great over the past decade, so that atmosphere does work, but when it gets to big game, we fall short."  I see that as a stretch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Just can't keep reading this stuff.  If TD leaves it is devastating to the program, especially since we have come so far over the last 10 years and FO was basically the last link in the chain.  I love Connor Fields BUT good or great teams have to overcome graduations.  We have some good ones coming in.  I think if TD leaves it is just more devastating than losing Connor and the other seniors to graduation.

I understand your point and agree that especially at attack, the next great star is up and coming.  Weather it was Resitaris, then the Thompson's, Fields, and now Nanticoke and McComber we have that covered but FO guys like TD are rare.  I do feel that we take a step back next season as we integrate new players in key postions, maybe top 15 team.  It was the following season I was excited about with TD, Patterson, Diamond as seniors, Siekerski if he is goalie as a senior,  and Tehoka a more experienced junior and McComber a year under his belt.  But losing TD affects these next 2 years severely.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

They can be at times, but believe it or not have votes in the media poll and they had on field credentials for the final four so while they can be goofballs, they do have pretty good access.

They rambled on about 'knowing things' for a few minutes, which didn't make me feel very comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

As a semi insider, if I had to make the leap I would say you are spot on, and I have said something similar in the past.

I can say as a parent who has a kid who is serious and a very good student, the happy band of pirates or misfits is ok if that serves as a source of motivation as the guys who got overlooked, but I don't think in the grand scheme of things it necessarily serves the program well and it certainly isn't  representative of the majority of the guys I have met. 

So, you having a boy on the team, he's not hearing anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...