UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany vs. Pittsburgh @ Heinz Field

Some great info here

.@UAlbanyFootball is getting a $400,000 guarantee for playing at Pittsburgh on Saturday, per an athletic department spokesman. That's more than the $350,000 they're getting at Syracuse in 2021, but Great Danes are flying charter to Pitt and busing to Syracuse.

• Like 2

Looked at the game notes and was surprised that the offensive line starters are the same as last year.  They strugggled last year so hopefully they improved a lot in the off season.

Also, didnt see Juwan Green on the two deep at WR.  I thought he’d be a big time contributor from Lackawanna.  We also don’t seem to have much depth at WR.

22 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Some great info here

.@UAlbanyFootball is getting a $400,000 guarantee for playing at Pittsburgh on Saturday, per an athletic department spokesman. That's more than the $350,000 they're getting at Syracuse in 2021, but Great Danes are flying charter to Pitt and busing to Syracuse.

Probably costs $75k or so to fly and put up the team and staff for this kind of trip?

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-13197113.php

Gattuso said this was the first game he scheduled after UAlbany hired him in 2014. "It was a much better idea four years ago than it is right now"

"I think one thing my Dad has told me about that (Texas) game is that being a true freshman, just being thrown into a Saturday night rivalry game, he told me I didn't look very scared,'' Vince Testaverde said. "I looked pretty calm and taking control of the offense. That's definitely one thing I try to base my game off of in live games. I'm not letting any pressure get to me."

Senior safety Josh Wynn of CBA said a victory wouldn't surprise him."We're very confident because of the work that we put in,'' Wynn said. "It's going to show on Saturday. We're looking for a win. It's not an upset to me. They're another team. They bleed like we do."

Just to confirm, since this will be on ESPN3 via the ACC network, there will be a replay of this game available an hour or so after the game? I just closed on a house today so tomorrow I'll be quite busy and won't be able to watch live...unless there won't be a replay available in which case I will absolutely shuffle life lol. UA FO'EVA!

Edited by Eli

10 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-13197113.php

Gattuso said this was the first game he scheduled after UAlbany hired him in 2014. "It was a much better idea four years ago than it is right now"

"I think one thing my Dad has told me about that (Texas) game is that being a true freshman, just being thrown into a Saturday night rivalry game, he told me I didn't look very scared,'' Vince Testaverde said. "I looked pretty calm and taking control of the offense. That's definitely one thing I try to base my game off of in live games. I'm not letting any pressure get to me."

Senior safety Josh Wynn of CBA said a victory wouldn't surprise him."We're very confident because of the work that we put in,'' Wynn said. "It's going to show on Saturday. We're looking for a win. It's not an upset to me. They're another team. They bleed like we do."

Hey gotta be positive.  I want them to come out of this making a decent showing and with NO INJURIES

On 8/31/2018 at 8:20 AM, reeder said:

Looked at the game notes and was surprised that the offensive line starters are the same as last year.  They strugggled last year so hopefully they improved a lot in the off season.

Also, didnt see Juwan Green on the two deep at WR.  I thought he’d be a big time contributor from Lackawanna.  We also don’t seem to have much depth at WR.

Actually we have a bunch of WR/slot players.  Surprised that Green is not listed either.  He may have an injury of some kind.   Tyler Oedekoven, another true freshman, is listed as 2nd WR.  He is quick and had a GREAT HS career in the Erie, Pa area.  Should get time in this game too.  We have about 6 other WR including a recent transfer from Syracuse, Tyler Gilfus WR 6-1 195 RSo and Tyler Winston, 6' 1" 181 Fr plus several others.  Depth chart lists WR X 2 plus Slot separately 

Edited by HOF2013

48 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Hey gotta be positive.  I want them to come out of this making a decent showing and with NO INJURIES

Except to Pitt Panther Pride....we can only hope! Hey, if any of you are down for the game, be sure to take one of the inclines. On a nice day the view from the top is outstanding.  https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/directory/monongahela-incline/

The Monongahela is a good one and the base is in Station Square, another cool spot to visit. 

10 hours ago, Eli said:

Just to confirm, since this will be on ESPN3 via the ACC network, there will be a replay of this game available an hour or so after the game? I just closed on a house today so tomorrow I'll be quite busy and won't be able to watch live...unless there won't be a replay available in which case I will absolutely shuffle life lol. UA FO'EVA!

Anyone? :)

Edited by Eli