UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

20 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Ok, I went to the CAATV site and its says the Albany/URI game is a pay per view?

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2018-19/releases/201809059tyw9s

Per URI it’s free on FoxSportsGo or also available on the CAA Fox Digital Package. So choose your poison. 

Yeah. On my tablet. There’s a column on the left for date and once you chose Saturday the 8th it’ll show up. You’ve got to scroll down quite a bit to get there though. It let me set a reminder when I clicked on it...not that I needed one, but just to be sure it was legit. Look for the Fox College Sports icon. The teams are in small lettering  

You can can also search in the box on the upper right of the screen. Put in Albany Great Danes and it’ll get you the live event plus the replay times. 

Edited by jimbo
More info

From the Albany web site

Broadcast: Satellite and cable subscribers who get FOX College Sports can watch the game on television or for free on the FOX Sports Go app. All other viewers can purchase the feed on CAA.TV for $7.95.

DirecTV: Channel 608

Dish Network: Channel 454

I also don't see it on the Fox Sports Go app on my phone. But I haven't cut the cord yet, so it'll be on TV

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Yeah. On my tablet. There’s a column on the left for date and once you chose Saturday the 8th it’ll show up. You’ve got to scroll down quite a bit to get there though. It let me set a reminder when I clicked on it...not that I needed one, but just to be sure it was legit. Look for the Fox College Sports icon. The teams are in small lettering  

You can can also search in the box on the upper right of the screen. Put in Albany Great Danes and it’ll get you the live event plus the replay times. 

Is it fox sports mobile or fox sports go?

35 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Is it fox sports mobile or fox sports go?

The one I have is FoxSportsGo. I will admit to never using it before so it could all go bonkers when Saturday rolls around. But for now it looks like a go...otherwise it’ll be Wyland and company. 

20 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I get Fox, Fs 1&2 from Verizon Fios.  Fox Atlantic is an extra subscription which I do not get. Does that mean I will not get the game on Fox Sports Go or Fox Sports App?? When I looked I could not find it listed in future games on either Ap? Anyone know for sure??

As BestDane said, you have to sign in to the App with your provider ID and password (Verizon Fios is listed separately under "More TV Providers"). If the game still doesn't show up you probaby can't get it.

I have a function and will miss this one.  Hope I can see it on replay.  In any case here is an e-mail I just got the the CAA commissioner

https://webmail.roadrunner.com/do/mail/message/view?msgId=INBOXDELIM400906

Sorry it is not appearing and I can't bring it up

Edited by HOF2013

UAlbany football looks forward to Rhode Island - T-U

the defense got gashed for 209 yards rushing and Dillon suffered a season-ending hamstring injury. "We definitely are playing with a chip on our shoulder,'' Dillon said. "We can't wait for this game. They played a really good game against us and we weren't ready to go at all. That's the game I had my injury and we're looking to have a great game against them." Dillon stopped short of using the word "revenge," saying he feels it's overrated as motivation. 

tackle Luke Ritter said the Pitt experience should help them.. "Going against an upper-echelon opponent Week 1, it really tunes you up, ready to get going for this game and for the rest of  the season," Ritter said. "It doesn't hurt us."

In the opener,  Ibitokun-Hanks had 57 yards rushing against Pitt in a performance that Gattuso felt was more impressive than the numbers. "I thought his blocking was incredible,'' Gattuso said. "He took on blitzers and linebackers and corner blitzes and just did a fantastic job. And I thought he ran the ball hard and well. The yards didn't dictate it because there weren't a lot of holes. I felt like that was the first time I felt he's really back."

Niko Culnan finds success in his back yard  - T-U

Culnan, a 6-foot-3, 286-pound junior, was in the starting lineup for the season-opening 33-7 loss at the University of Pittsburgh at Heinz Field last Saturday. He was part of an offensive line that helped UAlbany gain a respectable 323 yards against the Panthers, although the Great Danes managed just 60 yards rushing on 28 carries and quarterback Vince Testaverde was sacked five times. "I think (Culnan) did fine,'' Gattuso said. "Obviously, there's some things we've got to work on with the whole front group. He's a big, strong thick guy that can handle big people and from that standpoint, we were definitely more stout inside and it helped us in many ways in the game."

He described his play as "OK" against Pitt. He added his needs to improve his footwork and hand placement. He said he resisted the urge to tell many people he was going to start. He worked with the first string consistently during training camp. "I didn't want to get ahead of myself because that can go away in a second,'' Culnan said. "I could get pulled after one play. I want to be a starter Week 12, be an all-conference player."

Culnan had long desired to be a Great Dane. He attended UAlbany football camps going back to when Bob Ford was still head coach. He went to junior college because he only weighed 235 pounds coming out of Colonie High. He had no scholarship offers. Finding it hard to get noticed because HVCC's team was struggling, Culnan took it upon himself to email the UAlbany coaching staff to express his interest. "You start to learn from everybody you have to be proactive about it,'' Culnan said.

Offensive line coach Jim Sweeney, who played center for the New York Jets, liked what he saw and Gattuso showed up at practice to watch him. Culnan acknowledged he was surprised when Gattuso came to see him. Once UAlbany offered, Culnan chose the Great Danes over Sacred Heart, Holy Cross and others.