UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

20 minutes ago, Eli said:

He's the freakin head coach! Who's style did they use!? You're THE MAN. Any and ALL decisions go through you.

WOWWWWWWWW. I can't believe he was dumb enough to state that publicly.

I'm done with this guy. Dude is inept.

Remember when all of last year I called him a coward for ALWAYS blaming someone else. Look no further than this comment. Last year it was the offensive line, mind you kids he recruited and he constantly threw them under the bus. 

Unclear who he's throwing under the bus here but he most certainly is throwing someone under the bus by insinuating that up till now they haven't been playing his game plan so it's the guys fault who's game plan they are employing. 

Just wait till next week... Now it will really he his game plan. 

This man is a coward through and through, I don't remember a single time where he stood up as a leader and said IIII didn't have the team ready... IIII need to prepare better... It's MYYYY fault, it's ONNN MEEE... 

And then people wonder why this is a loser program. The teams takes on the character of the head coach. Instead of picking each other up, having each other's back, winning and losing together. They all look around like him for someone to blame... There's is no trust, what little talent they do have isn't maximized. 

This program has zero future under this man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a point of clarification, my disdain for gg the coach only extends to his performance on the field. I do not pretend to know the man on a personal level nor do I question in any of my comments him being a father, husband and all other things that pertain to his personal life. I'm sure he's a decent man... 

My disdain for him only extends to his professional life/perfomance. 

I just wanted to make that clear... 

So perhaps we shall see Sussman at wildcat again? Except for a still anemic OLine, the offense appears to be clicking ok, barring mistakes. Certainly far more innovative. Special teams are awful and the defense was a sieve yesterday. There was one play yesterday, I think on a 4th down, where they had THREE DBs on a URI receiver and still could not stop the pass. Almost no pressure on the QB. I almost was ready to say that the D was stout against the run, but why run when you can play pitch and catch with your receivers? It’s like he’s afraid to criticize the D because Bernard is involved. Joe Davis has to be wondering what the heck he was thinking taking the job. These are all GGs players and coaches. Look in a mirror GG. Stop deflecting blame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was out at a function all day and did not see the game, listened to the 4th on the radio.  Sounds like O and D lines are terrible still.  Coaches need to get angry at the players at this point.  Get in their butts.  I am not sure what happened in the 2nd or 3rd.  Punt  return and turnover return I heard.  On our Alum texting someone said the score once again does not completely reflect the game.  I have no idea.  I did heard VT get sacked a couple of times as well as the sub QB's when they went in.  RI can not be that much better!!!!!!!!!  All I am going to say.

I hope by the score. It reflecting the game he meant it was much worse than the score?!   It wad most certainly. 

Bernard should not be coaching (special teams) and frankly Micah Royster has been exposed on the line consistently for the past two seasons.  

If Dudzinski isn’t calling plays and it’s Bernard, I’ll have a problem.  

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I hope by the score. It reflecting the game he meant it was much worse than the score?!   It wad most certainly. 

Bernard should not be coaching (special teams) and frankly Micah Royster has been exposed on the line consistently for the past two seasons.  

If Dudzinski isn’t calling plays and it’s Bernard, I’ll have a problem.  

Not what he meant.  i think he was referring to the offense by the way.   Def needs to be FAR MORE aggressive.

My thoughts: moving forward what steps - player decisions "GG" makes this week to correct the short-comings of the defense could have an impact not only on this season but for seasons to come.  These two non conference games are important to establishing good play patterns in particular defense.  I wished "GG" just stated our defense was not up to the task and as coach I take the blame for  that.  I am concern about our future conference opponents....we could be at the bottom of the CAA.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

My thoughts: moving forward what steps - player decisions "GG" makes this week to correct the short-comings of the defense could have an impact not only on this season but for seasons to come.  These two non conference games are important to establishing good play patterns in particular defense.  I wished "GG" just stated our defense was not up to the task and as coach I take the blame for  that.  I am concern about our future conference opponents....we could be at the bottom of the CAA.

Since the team just got taken to the woodshed by the preseason poll bottom dweller, I’d say they ARE at the bottom of the league. Oh, yesterday Pitt got absolutely destroyed by Penn St. 

• Like 1

Not to pour gas on the fire...but URI is about 5 years removed from dripping the program and has 58 scholarships.  They play in a dump.  If Jim Fleming can turn around a program in a state that barely has D1 football talent...

Maine had scandals and plays in a state that had minimal (at best) D1 talent, plays in the middle of nowhere in.Orono, and must play two FBS games a year to keep the program afloat.  They just demolished UNH and beat Western Kentucky of FBS.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Not to pour gas on the fire...but URI is about 5 years removed from dripping the program and has 58 scholarships.  They play in a dump.  If Jim Fleming can turn around a program in a state that barely has D1 football talent...

Coaching makes a big difference... We have all the resources and a program that no doubt is getting much worse not better. 

We are in trouble... No way to get rid of gg. 

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I was out at a function all day and did not see the game, listened to the 4th on the radio.  Sounds like O and D lines are terrible still.  Coaches need to get angry at the players at this point.  Get in their butts.  I am not sure what happened in the 2nd or 3rd.  Punt  return and turnover return I heard.  On our Alum texting someone said the score once again does not completely reflect the game.  I have no idea.  I did heard VT get sacked a couple of times as well as the sub QB's when they went in.  RI can not be that much better!!!!!!!!!  All I am going to say.

IMO, this is a coaching  issue.  I don’t usually like to criticize anyone but I saw this tweet and wanted to comment that this play is a breakdown everywhere.   I’m no football expert but I look at this and wonder how so many things can go wrong - it’s not like one player did something wrong, several did.  This isn’t complicated stuff.  It’s stuff that teams practice at every level.

1. Eli Mercer should be trying to force the running back inside or at least slow his momentum. To do that, coaches used to teach linebackers to aggressively attack the blockers outside shoulder - not sure if that’s how it works now but you have to give your teammates a chance to help you out.

2. Kareem Brown can’t let the running back get to the sideline.  I don’t care that he gets knocked down but he wants to force the running back inside.  If you’re going to get knocked down, at least force the running back inside.  He doesn’t have to make the tackle, just don’t let the running back get outside.

If either one of those things happen, it’s gives Levi Metheny a chance to make a tackle or gives other players a chance to get closer to the play

3.  What’s Tyler Carswell doing?  That’s just horrible pursuit.  He runs past the ball carrier and then chases him down the field.

Again. I’m no expert but anyone that’s ever played any level of football can look at this and see that this is just bad.  Teams should be spending  periods at practice just working in pursuit and attacking the outside shoulder.  Just not sure how this all happens on one play.

27 minutes ago, jimbo said:

This coach and team are 1-8 in their last 9 games. 

Just give him more time... These are his recruits now... He's probably gonna turn it around. Remember how many games were withing a few points last year? We were riiggghhhttt there... But isn't it more fun to lose by 3 tds? Then you don't have to even think about a play or two being the difference, it's much easier on the brain to lose big. 

But don't worry... The offense is the problem and next week we will REALLY PLAY LIKE GG WANTS THEM TO. 

Until next week it wasn't his fault... Someone else was telling this team how to play, not his style. Why should he as the HEAD COACH burden himself with such things as how to play. But now we will really see the team play his way. If they win it will be because of him and if they lose, there are plenty of scape goats. He hasn't even thrown a single player under the bus YET and there are like 60 excuses right there... Just on the roster alone. 

Edited by Clickclack