Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football, athletics resources (moved)


dslyank
 Share

Recommended Posts

Maybe you should ask Hofstra, Delaware and Drexel about how happy they are with the caa. All moved to the caa in 2001. Drexel either never had football or gave it up at the move? Hofstra gave up football completely (2010 ish). Delaware has had some success in caa football, but they have been a "football" school  for years. Now, look at he other money sport Men's Basketball. Pretty sure UA has more ncaa appearance since 2001 than those 3 schools combined {maybe Drexel has a few not sure.} Without doing any research, I would bet the UA women also have more ncaa appearance than those three combined. How about the fastest growing sport in the country Lacrosse. UA absolutely has MORE ncaa appearances than those three schools combined and certainly more first round victories than all 3 combined.

JUST SAYING. Those of you looking to get out of the AmEast and who supported the jump to the caa are CERTAINLY ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINIONS: but sometimes be careful what you wish for. Now, I've supported UA athletics since club and DIII days, and have yearned for DI and beyond; but IMHO the caa is NOT the answer. And for those who say they rather lose in the caa than win in the nec; NO OFFENSE, but that is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

And for those who say they rather lose in the caa than win in the nec; NO OFFENSE, but that is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I never said I would rather lose in the CAA than win in the NEC.  Who says we have to continue to lose in the CAA?  If we recruit and coach well, we can absolutely win in the CAA. I know one year we were close to the playoffs and I think a second time we were close as well and that in the first five years of being in the CAA. Get someone good to run this program and we can be a winner in the CAA.

As for the other sports, several sports have been nationally ranked over the years. Do you think they wouldn't be nationally ranked if we were all in the CAA?  

 

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

5be0514f1fb11_ScreenShot2018-11-05at9_18_10AM.png.8ea521633f8675856c884033d41acd37.png

BIG PUPLE FANS. Just to lighten things up a bit.

LOL!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2018 at 10:02 PM, B9j2j6s said:

How much do we need to reach SBU?  Why are they so much further ahead?  

They also got state $$ for infrastructure before the bottom fell out in 2008.  UAlbany had to make it work with bonding, etc ... Being last in line was a self-inflicted wound as there always  seemed to be some upheaval in campus leadership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, alum73 said:

I would say that's too simplistic.  The president may support it, if and when the money is there.

It's simplistic but I don't think "too" simplistic.  Money is allocated to priorities. If the president makes it a priority the money that is available gets channeled accordingly (to the degree possible.)  If the money has to be raised,  it has to be a priority in order for a Development Office to focus on it.  For our purposes, I would distinguish between priority and wish list.  People fund priorities.  They hope someone funds a wish list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kikuria said:

It's simplistic but I don't think "too" simplistic.  Money is allocated to priorities. If the president makes it a priority the money that is available gets channeled accordingly (to the degree possible.)  If the money has to be raised,  it has to be a priority in order for a Development Office to focus on it.  For our purposes, I would distinguish between priority and wish list.  People fund priorities.  They hope someone funds a wish list.

I agree, but Athletics does not usually bubble to the top of that list.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reason SB has money is because the guy on the name of their football stadium...LaValle. the dude was practically SB's piggy bank in the NY Gov't for years. He would always find a way to sneak extra money into education funding for pet projects. I will state that 60-70% of the reason SB has those facilities is because of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Reason SB has money is because the guy on the name of their football stadium...LaValle. the dude was practically SB's piggy bank in the NY Gov't for years. He would always find a way to sneak extra money into education funding for pet projects. I will state that 60-70% of the reason SB has those facilities is because of him.

It may be higher than that %%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...