UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football, athletics resources (moved)

dslyank

But they did speak of the separation; but buried it on page whatever. Same with the new hire; did Josh Pickard ask to have his employment announcement buried on page @#.

I find it hard to believe that she would have objected to an announcement of her departure for mutual reasons and with an article that would have done her accomplishments justice. IMHO the whole thing just did not look good and brings about more damage to privacy, not less.

Edited by dslyank

On 2/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, alum73 said:

How would a change in a head coach affect title 9 concerns?

A change in head coaches does NOT directly have an impact on Title IX concerns. But replacing that coach with a male coach COULD have an impact on Title IX concerns particularly if there are already demonstrated pattern of Title IX violations. There's no concern unless someone files a complaint. Full stop. As an example, based on enrollment and participation data, the school was violating Title IX for more than 20 years (per recently complaint, OCR report, and other data sources.)  It's doesn't become a 'problem' for the department unless someone files a complaint with the OCR about it. 

It could become a problem for Benson because he is under intense scrutiny.   The optics are less than desirable in the middle of a federal lawsuit.

Finally had my first blocked user on this site. Really can't deal with kikura any longer. We get it. There was a violation. Title ix. Blah blah blah. We need to add crew. Blah blah blah.

Edit: Never mind. Can't figure out how to block someone on the mobile site.

Edit2: figured it out. Woot!

Edited by godanesgo99

I do not know if crew is the answer or NOT; but when all our sports SUFFER because of the violations and penalties the ncaa hands out because UA continues to ignore the situation; maybe more of you will take the titleIX more seriously. Don't get me wrong, I am NO lover of titleIX and wish it would disappear, at least as far as athletics is concerned. Since, I have no official stake in the matter (except for my love of UA), I can bury my head in the sand. But UA administration cannot ignore this, it is NOT going away, and it WILL rear it's ugly head. The longer they do nothing, the MORE severe the penalties will be. 

You may argue they are working on the problem in private behind the scenes. I've said over and over it needs to have INPUT by ALL stake holders--coaches, players, fans, community, politicians, etc. 

• Like 1

I get that it is potentially a big issue and problem for the school that has to be worked out. I just got too tired of seeing the same post over and over again by the same person. It would be different if all the posts on that subject were in a thread about title ix, but they have seeped into so many other posts that it just got on my nerves. 

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

I do not know if crew is the answer or NOT; but when all our sports SUFFER because of the violations and penalties the ncaa hands out because UA continues to ignore the situation; maybe more of you will take the titleIX more seriously. Don't get me wrong, I am NO lover of titleIX and wish it would disappear, at least as far as athletics is concerned. Since, I have no official stake in the matter (except for my love of UA), I can bury my head in the sand. But UA administration cannot ignore this, it is NOT going away, and it WILL rear it's ugly head. The longer they do nothing, the MORE severe the penalties will be. 

You may argue they are working on the problem in private behind the scenes. I've said over and over it needs to have INPUT by ALL stake holders--coaches, players, fans, community, politicians, etc. 

Respectfully to @GODANESGO, I responded to a question that was posted in this thread.  It was about as dispassionate as I have been on the topic. It's a serious issue that the department is facing.  @dslyank - I'm actually with you. I don't know if crew is the answer. It could be an answer because other schools have already used it for that purpose (balancing Title IX in relation to football. )  It's a sport that I know which is why I speak on it. But that doesn't mean it's the only solution.  Also, I think we're in agreement that something needs to be done before things get worse.  One version of worse is having something imposed on us. 

Side note, it doesn't seem to be off topic in a thread about football/resources because Title IX has such huge implications on them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The letters from from the athletic department to season ticket holders are always atrocious but the one that we got in the mail today has to be the worst one I've ever seen. It's so bad that it even has a crossed off word because they didn't even delete that it's. Half the sentences don't make sense either.

It's so crazy how they could care less what is produced from their department.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

The letters from from the athletic department to season ticket holders are always atrocious but the one that we got in the mail today has to be the worst one I've ever seen. It's so bad that it even has a crossed off word because they didn't even delete that it's. Have the sentences don't make sense either.

Yep, it was a letter trying to drum up support for football ticket renewals. The entire thing basically amounts to did you see us beat SBU on a miracle FG attempt? No one proof read it because there is a strike like you'd have in a Word document that someone forgot to delete and just sent out. 

The whole thing is cringe worthy, if you didn't know that the football program was a disgrace and an embarrassment in the CAA you'd think they were fixing to go undefeated. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Like I said...every week another facepalm moment. First the spring game being a stupid HS, now this. I wonder what next week holds. 

Bunch of amateurs. Benson needs to GTHO. 

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

The letters from from the athletic department to season ticket holders are always atrocious but the one that we got in the mail today has to be the worst one I've ever seen. It's so bad that it even has a crossed off word because they didn't even delete that it's. Half the sentences don't make sense either.

What got me was that the "seat obligation" on my invoice was double what appears on the ticket website.  The "seat obligation" plus shipping are actually greater than the cost of the seat.

They need to explain the relationship between "seat obligation" and GDAC contribution.  If I pay the invoice now, does my "seat obligation" payment go towards my 2019-20 GDAC, which determines my parking passes?  BTW, my seat is on the second level in the section where Bob87, Eli and others sit; it's hard to believe it would be considered so desirable as to justify a "seat obligation" equal to the cost of the ticket.

Don't get me wrong; I'm going to buy my ticket, mostly to support the program and because I enjoy the sociality of football season.  But, the package is simply a bad look and I fully understand how some would be totally turned off by it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, statefan said:

BTW, my seat is on the second level in the section where Bob87, Eli and others sit; it's hard to believe it would be considered so desirable as to justify a "seat obligation" equal to the cost of the ticket.

How DARE you!

You don't like to listen to me scream for a slant all game long? Or the lady to the right of us who has the mouth of 10 sailors? HOW DARE YOU!

bekw9t.jpg

On a more serious note...I was out of town on business and just got my renewal letter. $310 for 2 seats and a few spelling mistakes (lol). I'm not sure I can stomach that. Not the quality of play we'll likely see on the field.

I really have to figure out if losing great seats (with a great group of people in that area as you said) is the way to go or if I should fork over $310 even if I inevitably skip half the season...maybe I'll just renew one ticket...

Decisions decisions...I will probably decide on June 17th lol.

Edited by Eli

I have 3 season tickets... Like some here I don't know what to do. I can't help but be really upset at what's happened to this program. At best I will renew one... Just to keep my place with great people in our section. 

It's upsetting that multiple diehard fans not all who post here are considering what to do... How did we get here? 

1 hour ago, Eli said:

How DARE you!

You don't like to listen to me scream for a slant all game long? Or the lady to the right of us who has the mouth of 10 sailors? HOW DARE YOU!

bekw9t.jpg

On a more serious note...I was out of town on business and just got my renewal letter. $310 for 2 seats and a few spelling mistakes (lol). I'm not sure I can stomach that. Not the quality of play we'll likely see on the field.

I really have to figure out if losing great seats (with a great group of people in that area as you said) is the way to go or if I should fork over $310 even if I inevitably skip half the season...maybe I'll just renew one ticket...

Decisions decisions...I will probably decide on June 17th lol.

I find your screaming to be top notch entertainment, especially when you can't understand why the players cannot do things you see in the NFL.

My renewal was $210 for one seat, and I think I am one row below yours.  Also, now that I reread it, it says it is a 2018 renewal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, statefan said:

I find your screaming to be top notch entertainment, especially when you can't understand why the players cannot do things you see in the NFL.

My renewal was $210 for one seat, and I think I am one row below yours.  Also, now that I reread it, it says it is a 2018 renewal.

Did you not pay for last year? That's straight thieving homie... Pay up. 

Edited by Clickclack