UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football, athletics resources (moved)

dslyank

I'm no English expert (English is technically my 2nd language), but I had nothing better to do this morning as I wait for it to warm up so I can take my motorcycle out for the first time this year:

• Great Danes Fans-: Shouldn't it be Great Danes Fans, or Great Danes Fans - ?
  • We  have: extra space
  • Highlighted in yellow: flat out lie as my graphic from last year proved that we regressed in virtually EVERY statistical category
  • put our program to take the next step: what the heck does that even mean? Sounds like it should read put our program in position to take the next step.
  • 4,000 times YouTube: pretty sure that is supposed to say 'on YouTube'.
  • save: just LOL
  • Random water mark in the middle of nowhere
  • Incorrect dates

In my English classes growing up, this would have gotten a C+.

HzaQJZ6.jpg

tg3MJI7.jpg

Edited by Eli

I wasn't sure where to comment on this, but, since this string seems to be driven by athletic department foibles, let me share the lacrosse ticket situation.

The tickets are perforated.  The longer top part is the traditional looking ticket with a player's image and a discount coupon for a local establishment on the back.  The stub lower part has the section/row/seat #.  For certain sections, there is access only to those holding a ticket to that section and as one enters, a staffer tears the ticket at the perforation and gives part back to the ticketholder and keeps part.  For the Maryland game, the staffers kept the lower part of the ticket; then when people went looking for their seat they found that the only place on the ticket which showed their seat location had been taken from them.  Much confusion ensued for those who did not otherwise know their seat location.  So, yesterday, the staffers were instructed to tear at the perforation and only give the ticket holder back the small stub that contained the section/row/seat #.  The lines were held up because people were complaining that they wanted to keep the upper part of the ticket to get the restaurant discount.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, statefan said:

I wasn't sure where to comment on this, but, since this string seems to be driven by athletic department foibles, let me share the lacrosse ticket situation.

The tickets are perforated.  The longer top part is the traditional looking ticket with a player's image and a discount coupon for a local establishment on the back.  The stub lower part has the section/row/seat #.  For certain sections, there is access only to those holding a ticket to that section and as one enters, a staffer tears the ticket at the perforation and gives part back to the ticketholder and keeps part.  For the Maryland game, the staffers kept the lower part of the ticket; then when people went looking for their seat they found that the only place on the ticket which showed their seat location had been taken from them.  Much confusion ensued for those who did not otherwise know their seat location.  So, yesterday, the staffers were instructed to tear at the perforation and only give the ticket holder back the small stub that contained the section/row/seat #.  The lines were held up because people were complaining that they wanted to keep the upper part of the ticket to get the restaurant discount.

Goes to show... There's no pleasing some people... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Why would the school need to keep the physical half (top or bottom)? 😂

They scan the ticket which should be all they need for head counts. 

Some people just ain't bright...yikes.

Scanners broke?

6 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

My renewal form has my old non-gold seats which I haven't purchased in 3 seasons.

For lacrosse, my ticket was scanned at the entry gate and ripped in half (giving back both halves) when entering the gold seat section.

Wait, are you saying they sent you a renewal on seats you haven't had in 3 years? Did they send you a renewal on your current seats?