UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Your honor(s), I'd like to submit exhibit #147 into evidence to support the charges of the thread herein, where the defendant Gattuso has been charged with the destruction of an entire football program and demoralizing an entire fan base of seasoned vets into not bothering with attending games. 

Exhibit 147 = Homecoming Massacre of 2018

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, OneDane said:

What’s Coach G’s contract term?

We will be blessed to have him through 2022 with an annual salary of $271,259. He had 2 years left (2018 and 2019) when he signed the 3 year extension.

Edited by Eli

26 minutes ago, Eli said:

We will be blessed to have him through 2022 with an annual salary of $271,259. He had 2 years left (2018 and 2019) when he signed the 3 year extension.

Thx, I’m surprised Benson didn’t learn anything from the Patsos debacle, I don’t get re-upping a mediocre to bad coach.   

I don’t follow football much, but I definitely don’t want to see a program that we invest so much money into go to $iena.

With all these posts I’m reading about the current coach, it brings me back to when Ford retired and was part of the coaching search. The school had an opportunity to go after a young FCS coach who had won a national championship in KC Wheeler from Delaware, but went against that as some felt he ran a dirty program? Not sure if that was it or not, but what a big mistake not going after him hard.

Who knows he could have came here and failed, but he is 46-12 at Sam Houston.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Dane96 said:

It was kc keeler.  And believe me, I don’t want and didn’t want any part of him.  Sketchy as they come in this business 

Totally agree.   We should have gone after the UA alum that was in the running.

Edited by uofalbany

12 hours ago, uofalbany said:

Totally agree.   We should have gone after the UA alum that was in the running.

That was Pete Rossomondo.  Not a UA alumni but from the Ford coaching tree.  He has mixed results at Central. Then again, he’s got nowhere near the resources of Albany.  

Pete Rosso would of been in over his head (young and first HC job). KC Keeler for results alone would of been my choice baggage and all. He won a National title at Delaware. as soon as he gets another he will move on to the show with an FBS job. Rumor is UMASS is interested in him.

I don't care how much is owed to GG if he goes 2-9 he will be gone. My hope is he turns it around. I cant see that happening though. They need a winning FCS coach or bring in a real FBS assistant. No way will this program stand still for 4 years if he goes 2-9. THERE HAS TO BE A BUYOUT CLAUSE!!! What say you lawyers on here (Dane 96)

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 1

Only way I see him getting fired is if some loaded booster or boosters pony up the cash as a gift to the Athletic Department and tell Benson to fire him on behalf of the fan base or else.

OR

He goes Patsos and abuses some kid, it gets out and we fire him for cause.

I don't see any way he gets fired for just flat out sucking like he has been. At least not until he has like 2 years/$500k left on his deal and even that might be too much for this broke Athletic Department to pay. We badly need that money for SEFCU...

The question really is...do we pay $1M now to make him go away? Or do we lose more than $1M in lost revenue due to lack of attendance/concessions/etc. because the team isn't good and no one comes to games? That's what Benson should be analyzing right now.

Edited by Eli

17 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Pete Rosso would of been in over his head (young and first HC job). KC Keeler for results alone would of been my choice baggage and all. He won a National title at Delaware. as soon as he gets another he will move on to the show with an FBS job. Rumor is UMASS is interested in him.

I don't care how much is owed to GG if he goes 2-9 he will be gone. My hope is he turns it around. I cant see that happening though. They need a winning FCS coach or bring in a real FBS assistant. No way will this program stand still for 4 years if he goes 2-9. THERE HAS TO BE A BUYOUT CLAUSE!!! What say you lawyers on here (Dane 96)

I hope you're right, either he turns it around or they have a buyout clause but the reality is I have not seen to date decisive action on anything with this AD. Hence his future is in some ways tied to Gattuso. I'm not sure he can wiggle himself out of this mistake and may be forced to live with that extension to his own detriment or hope that a leopard changes it's spots.

I would hope that there is BROAD consensus at this point that the contract extension was a ghastly mistake. There is consensus on that much, right?

Edited by Clickclack

Benson's response to my angry email in a nutshell was "we play in the toughest top to bottom FCS conference so be patient while we continue to build." (I'm actually surprised he responded) 
note: this response goes hand in hand with what someone said Benson said on air on Saturday in the pre-game show. Looks like Benson is all in on Gattuso and it might cost HIM his job.

Dude, you aren't building. You're dismantling by virtue of having this guy as your HC. My complaint and probably the complaints of others = in one ear, out the other.

I won't be back this year to a game and might not be back next year at all. I have great seats and sit with a great crew...so it'll suck to lose them and possibly sit somewhere else if I was to cancel my seats. I'll more than likely cave and just pony up the $200 to keep my seats (or get rid of one seat) but not attend any games/give them any money for concessions, etc.

Edited by Eli