UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Somebody said something about they need to stop redshirting guys.   Every team has red shirts.  Just found these rules - not sure if the are current or not:

A college football team is limited to no more than 105 players during the offseason. During the football season, no regulated limit exists.  The home team may dress 95 student-athletes, but only 80 may participate. A visiting team can only travel and dress 70.  With a limit of 70, you have to pick 15 scholarship players to stay behind. Even more if you want to take walk-ons.

23 hours ago, jimbo said:

As far as I’m concerned they can take it out of Benson’s salary. 

Like Mrs. Benson is going to let that happen. LOL ☺ Being serious for a moment, I believe Benson is giving Greg one last opportunity to succeed as remotely as it may be.  If next year is like this year, Greg may have already coached his last game before season's end.

2 hours ago, UAFAN said:

Guess I won't be getting 4 gold seats next season!

I still will be there, but with the games being less fun it would be a bad idea to make tailgating less fun too. 

It is all I have left for tomorrow. 

I won't be getting gold seats either. With all you guys skipping,  I was upgraded to gold last game. I am fine where I usually  sit. 

3 hours ago, bob87 said:

I still will be there, but with the games being less fun it would be a bad idea to make tailgating less fun too. 

It is all I have left for tomorrow. 

I won't be getting gold seats either. With all you guys skipping,  I was upgraded to gold last game. I am fine where I usually  sit. 

Albany Tailgating is not tailgating without you!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:06 PM, UAalum72 said:

Leagues vary. CAA travel squad as of 2013 was 65. Big 10 raised it to 74 this year. Big Sky is 58 for air travel or overnight trips. Many other leagues and NCAA playoffs are about 56.

70 is the limit - UNLESS the NCAA changed that this year for some reason.

7 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

70 is the limit - UNLESS the NCAA changed that this year for some reason.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/27/big-ten-expands-football-travel-roster-limit-to-74-players/

and like NEC scholarships, conferences can impose lower limits for league games

So the final stats shake out like this (note: I standardized on the same report so 2013 and 2016 stats were updated slightly from previous versions). We are basically just slightly better than our first CAA year (which is evidenced by us winning zero games in 2013 and 1 game in 2018) but we are, IMO, a far cry from 2016 where the team was lead by Bob Fords kids and Gattuso's kids were largely sitting on the bench holding towels due to being redshirted or less talented.

4s1qgz.png

I will always root for Albany in all sports and hope they win every game. However the state of the football team is abysmal.  I hate all these "we lost all these games by 7 points or less OR we could have been 7-4" THAT IS COMPETELY AND UTTERLY BS. A famous coach said "you are what your record says you are". That's the truth and a fact ! Nothing more or less. 

I am 100 percent cancelling my season tickets and if I feel like it cherry pick a couple of games. I truly dont believe I'm being a fair weather fan. Think about what the atheltic department has done over the years. (Ex , seat cushion..ect) and the terrible management of the program . They dont deserve my money. I would never tell anyone else what to do with their money but if you agree I suggest you cancel your tickets with me. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

I will always root for Albany in all sports and hope they win every game. However the state of the football team is abysmal.  I hate all these "we lost all these games by 7 points or less OR we could have been 7-4" THAT IS COMPETELY AND UTTERLY BS. A famous coach said "you are what your record says you are". That's the truth and a fact ! Nothing more or less. 

I am 100 percent cancelling my season tickets and if I feel like it cherry pick a couple of games. I truly dont believe I'm being a fair weather fan. Think about what the atheltic department has done over the years. (Ex , seat cushion..ect) and the terrible management of the program . They dont deserve my money. I would never tell anyone else what to do with their money but if you agree I suggest you cancel your tickets with me. 

Took the words out of my mouth... We could have been 7-4 is an absolute and complete lie and revisionist history at its finest. They looked like GARBAGE all season... Anyone saying now after a desperation win that they were close this or competitive is an ABSOLUTE LIAR! 

My tickets will not be renewed. I may go to a game or two early... If they show promise, otherwise I'll save my money. They don't deserve my 4 season tickets and donation on top of that. 

Edited by Clickclack

I used to think that perhaps our cold weather and facilities put us at some sort of recruiting and/or gameplay disadvantage in the CAA compared to certain CAA peers (or at least compared to a few; e.g., Delaware, Villanova, Richmond, and JMU), but then I see that Maine goes 7-1 in league play this year and wins the CAA. How does that happen??! Can someone please explain Maine?

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I'll make my decision on tickets perhaps around the new year but I'm leaning heavily towards not renewing. I want to see/hear the results of all the exit interviews, etc. That is, if Benson has any cojones to even hold a press conference to discuss the season and state of the program. If they don't say a peep and we don't see some good hires (I'll trust the opinion of people like Dane96 when it comes to roster turnover), I'll make like Mark Cuban in Shark Tank and bow out.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to Stark and Hanks for making the All CAA team. That’s the good news. The bad news is that 90 players were selected to the three teams and only 2 from UA made it. Not a single defensive player could crack the 42 defensive players chosen. That to me is an indictment of the current coaching regime which was claiming  thatthey have the most CAA talent yet.  Not so much. 

On the the other hand, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Congratulations to Stark and Hanks for making the All CAA team. That’s the good news. The bad news is that 90 players were selected to the three teams and only 2 from UA made it. Not a single defensive player could crack the 42 defensive players chosen. That to me is an indictment of the current coaching regime which was claiming  thatthey have the most CAA talent yet.  Not so much. 

Wow. Yep, agreed. SERIOUS indictment. 

Likewise! If traveling, stay safe folks!

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Next season is DEFINITELY the year we finally see all this awesome talent... Truth is, this is an indictment of the coaching staff as many of these kids don't belong on a caa roster. Gattuso is delusional! Talent is way down... It's very obvious to anyone not a Gattuso super fan. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1