Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I agree there is not much we can do but what happens if he gets lucky and wins some games next year. The AD and Gattuso will talk about the progress and he will be back for another year after that!

There's no doubt they will...it can't get much worse so even if they win 2 CAA games, you can bank on these two losers patting each other on the back. Bottom line is winning overall record and at least .500 on CAA or fire BOTH OF THEM! But it won't happen...

Again, Benson has exhausted all benefit of the doubt...he had NO REASON to extend Gattuso who lost many games before that extension and yet he did...not only did he extend him but he maxed out his years under SUNY contract limitations. At most, if he thought GG could turn it around, he should have given him an extra year at most 2 which would have in effect given him either 2 or 3 year lifeline (including past season). Benson deserves every bit of the blowback he gets and more on that poor decision. He's doomed this program to a half decade of losing unless people think a coach with a winning percentage in half a decade of under 30% in the CAA is somehow magically gonna become Nick Saban. There's should be very little doubt as to what Greg Gattuso is, a loser when it comes to football. His results speak for themselves. 

I also don't believe for a minute if this guy loses at the same rate next season, 3 overall wins that Bensons will do the right thing...He's not gonna eat 900k (3 years left)...you can book it. GG knows he's got it made at least another 2 years...at least!

Benson isn't fit to be the AD!

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Congratulations to Maine on getting to the semis. They gave up -1 yards rushing. Now there’s a good young coach who has turned a program around. 

They beat the 2 seed Weber St and they are now 7-0 vs FCS Top 25 this season.  Not bad for a place that recruiting is probably difficult.   What's your excuse GG????

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

They beat the 2 seed Weber St and they are now 7-0 vs FCS Top 25 this season.  Not bad for a place that recruiting is probably difficult.   What's your excuse GG????

Seriously. This post. All of it. If Maine can do it, we have no excuses. None. Benson and Losetusso can pound salt with any reason they give us for sucking. They need to own it and admit they are bad at their jobs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, Clickclack said:

There's no doubt they will...it can't get much worse so even if they win 2 CAA games, you can bank on these two losers patting each other on the back. Bottom line is winning overall record and at least .500 on CAA or fire BOTH OF THEM! But it won't happen...

Again, Benson has exhausted all benefit of the doubt...he had NO REASON to extend Gattuso who lost many games before that extension and yet he did...not only did he extend him but he maxed out his years under SUNY contract limitations. At most, if he thought GG could turn it around, he should have given him an extra year at most 2 which would have in effect given him either 2 or 3 year lifeline (including past season). Benson deserves every bit of the blowback he gets and more on that poor decision. He's doomed this program to a half decade of losing unless people think a coach with a winning percentage in half a decade of under 30% in the CAA is somehow magically gonna become Nick Saban. There's should be very little doubt as to what Greg Gattuso is, a loser when it comes to football. His results speak for themselves. 

I also don't believe for a minute if this guy loses at the same rate next season, 3 overall wins that Bensons will do the right thing...He's not gonna eat 900k (3 years left)...you can book it. GG knows he's got it made at least another 2 years...at least!

Benson isn't fit to be the AD!

I know this isn't specifically a fire Benson/Gattuso tweet but it has s to Title IX.  Could be wrong but it looks like the department rolled out an internal troll. Regardless, this can't be good. https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/1075786733017534465 

 

Edited by kikuria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kikuria said:

I know this isn't specifically a fire Benson/Gattuso tweet but it has s to Title IX.  Could be wrong but it looks like the department rolled out an internal troll. Regardless, it's not good at all. https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/1075786733017534465 

 

OH boy...this will go over well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty sure that account isn't affiliated with the school *officially*. It's a club sport no? So it's no different than me tweeting that as an alum. Still a low blow but...kinda funny.

Edited by Eli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Eli said:

Pretty sure that account isn't affiliated with the school *officially*. It's a club sport no? So it's no different than me tweeting that as an alum. Still a low blow but...kinda funny.

Your right that crew is not part of the school or whatever the particulars.  But oh man, this has gotten worse.  There was a reply from @NickyBucketz that has since been deleted. That's the person I was saying looked like they were from Athletics.   It looks like @albanycrew reposted was was lost.  This is getting interesting. https://twitter.com/UAlbanySports/status/1075786733017534465

 

Edited by kikuria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not to revive this thread, but there was some discussion about running out the clock in the W&M game, but I wonder if anyone remembers a bonehead call even close to the Villanova - Stony Brook finish.

To summarize, SBU had rallied to within 35-33 (but dropped the 2-pt conversion), an onside kick went OB and 'nova had the ball on the SBU 45 with 1:32 left, SBU with one timeout left. A nova goes on:

They could stop the clock after 1st down, and after 2nd and 3rd we could run off 40 seconds.
That means we needed 4 plays to last about 0:15 seconds (accounting for us snapping at like 0:01 on the play clock).
They tried to get cute on first down, have Smith run around and take a sack, hoping to waste those 0:15 seconds up top so we could kneel it out. Instead we took a holding penalty and the clock stopped. That cost us 40 seconds.
On second down, THEY DID IT AGAIN. After the first one didn’t work, we had NO POSSIBLE WAY OF RUNNING OUT THE CLOCK WITHOUT A FIRST DOWN. We were either going to get a first down and win it, or we were going to have to punt on 4th down. WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD YOU DELIBERATELY LOSE 20 YARDS IN THIS SITUATION?

4 rushes at 4 seconds a play. That’s all we needed to do. Ridiculous.

I was like ok he screwed up on the 1st play. Coach didn’t know the rule that the clock stops on a declined penalty in the last 2 minutes. Regroup. He comes out after that & runs the same play. Giving up 20+ yards in a game where a FG can beat them. The staff was pulling defensive starters in the 4th quarter up only 35-20 & putting backups in.

Fields completed passes of 19 yards and 40 yards on two rushed offensive plays, with Stony Brook spiking the ball after each of those completions.  The clock was stopped with three seconds to play and Nick Courtney made the 22-yard field goal to end the game. 

The only thing close mentioned on AGS was when Yale ran a fake punt from their own 25 on 4th-and-22 with 3 minutes left. Harvard stopped them and won a minute later.

This crap might make the Stony Brook game a must-win for us to get into the playoffs 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I agree with you (UAalum72) Stony Brook win over 'Nova has put our last game of season with Stony Brook at another level.

May end up being an all important game to get into playoffs.  Problem is we don't have a kicker who can smack a 48 yarder off the crossbar at the gun this time 😜😜😜

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

May end up being an all important game to get into playoffs.  Problem is we don't have a kicker who can smack a 48 yarder off the crossbar at the gun this time 😜😜😜

A kicker just committed to UA for next year who has at least one 54 yarder this year in HS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...