UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 1: MBB @ Iona 11/09: 8:00pm

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Man so confused on lulka... I don't see it. Someone tell me something positive. I'm a bit shell-shocked 

I think the Defensive looks confused him . Really seemed a bit lost. However probably the best we have down there. I truly think he will improve greatly. 

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Not concerned about stats... Doesn't pass the vision test. 

Isn't looking at stats part of a vision test. I mean, you need your vision to look at them.

8 and 6 in his first game on the road. Lulka and Hank put the ball on the floor too often and got it taken away from them.

Edited by Dane Pound

2 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

So, in Lulka's first 

Isn't looking at stats part of a vision test. I mean, you need your vision to look at them.

Hahah.

That's why I called out the layup. He looked good on that last play. Nice move to the basket. Let's judge him (and the rest of the team) after 5 games.

I don't think our issues were guys on the offensive side of the ball as much as it was on the defensive side. I thought we did decent on the offensive side of the ball (45% from 3 but only 36% overall and 93% from the FT line). They played better defense than us.

Steals: 0 to 12 (us vs them)
Blocks: 0 to 2
Turnovers: 22 to 13

We out rebounded them, etc. We didn't force them to make tough passes or block any shots. THAT's what cost us the game. But still, I'm happy with this game. Good signs.

Edited by Eli

Just now, Eli said:

I don't think our issues were guys on the offensive side of the ball. I thought we did decent on the offensive side of the ball (45% from 3 but only 36% overall). They played better defense than us.

Steals: 0 to 12 (us vs them)
Blocks: 0 to 2
Turnovers: 22 to 13

We out rebounded them, etc. We didn't force them to make tough passes or block any shots. THAT's what cost us the game. But still, I'm happy with this game. Good signs.

Brown is right... So many of the turnovers were forced passes to bigs. As they mature and grow they will learn to identify if there's a pass in there or not. 

Healey I thought looks fantastic... Clark looked great as well. Need to move the ball better and get some easier shot but it's a new group. 

• Like 1

For as much as Devonte gets slammed here. He had a double-double and was the only starter without a turnover. 

Everyone is giving Reece Brooks a pass. 0-6 and 0-4 from three. Tough debut. He has a nice drive and pass on the Lulka layup though.

For the most part, if we can keep outrebounding people and turn the ball over less than 50 times a game, we'll be alright.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dane Pound said:

For as much as Devonte gets slammed here. He had a double-double and was the only starter without a turnover. 

Everyone is giving Reece Brooks a pass. 0-6 and 0-4 from three. Tough debut. He has a nice drive and pass on the Lulka layup though.

For the most part, if we can keep outrebounding people and turn the ball over less than 50 times a game, we'll be alright.

Devonte did a great job on the defensive end of the ball and at the line. But come on...he had like 4 air balls. That shouldn't happen. I'm probably being too hard on the guy but you need to play to your strengths...it's not like he's in a 3-4 game funk. This is now a full calendar year that he can't buy a bucket. Time to change your personal play style to being a slasher not a shooter.

Edited by Eli