UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 1: MBB @ Iona 11/09: 8:00pm

1 hour ago, olddog71 said:

I hope Brown uses a lot of players. I don't care that the bench may not be nearly as effective as the starters. The bench players need to learn on the court. Not playing them creates resentment about lack of playing time and wears down the starters too much so that they aren't as effective at the end of the season when we need to do well in conference play. Let the newer players get some practice during the OOC part of the season. Just my two cents.

I agree with this.  There are going to be mistakes and losses but Brown needs to let them play.  He put a few guys in last night and the first mistake they made he took them out. Gotta let them play, especially out during OOC games.  As mentioned, won't wear out the starters and gives these new kids the experience they need,

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I agree with this.  There are going to be mistakes and losses but Brown needs to let them play.  He put a few guys in last night and the first mistake they made he took them out. Gotta let them play, especially out during OOC games.  As mentioned, won't wear out the starters and gives these new kids the experience they need,

Agreed... I hope he gives them a long rope... Let them play through it. 

• Thanks 1

OT. Tech question/help. Did anyone have issues with the espn feed? 

I kept losing video, but the audio continued (had to listen to the weasel, but could not view the game.) When I tried other espn3 games to see if it was just our game, the same thing occurred. The game worked fine on the iPhone, but the problem occurred when I tried to mirror my phone to the tv?

I use a Lighting Digital AV adapter from my iPhone [SE] via HDMI cable to my tv. Finally gave up and watched the game on my computer. Next day I tried to watch the replay and same thing happened. Even bought a new adapter with no luck. For the heck of it I tried watching some events on FOX Sports Go and on MLB; worked fine with both old and new adapter (which I will now return.) Eventually, espn did start working and I WAS able to steam the replay to my tv. 

Anyone with similar issues. Thoughts? Suggestions, even though it seems OK now??   With much THANKS!

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

OT. Tech question/help. Did anyone have issues with the espn feed? 

I kept losing video, but the audio continued (had to listen to the weasel, but could not view the game.) When I tried other espn3 games to see if it was just our game, the same thing occurred. The game worked fine on the iPhone, but the problem occurred when I tried to mirror my phone to the tv?

I use a Lighting Digital AV adapter from my iPhone [SE] via HDMI cable to my tv. Finally gave up and watched the game on my computer. Next day I tried to watch the replay and same thing happened. Even bought a new adapter with no luck. For the heck of it I tried watching some events on FOX Sports Go and on MLB; worked fine with both old and new adapter (which I will now return.) Eventually, espn did start working and I WAS able to steam the replay to my tv. 

Anyone with similar issues. Thoughts? Suggestions, even though it seems OK now??   With much THANKS!

I used a chromecast ($30 at best buy) and never lost audio or HD video.

• Thanks 1

IMO, if you don't have a Smart TV that has the ESPN app (most if not all modern Samsung's should), Chromecast is the way to go. I have an ultra connected to my main TV and a regular one connected to another older TV. Best $100 I've spent in tech in a long time.

They usually go on sale this time of year too. 

2 hours ago, Eli said:

IMO, if you don't have a Smart TV that has the ESPN app (most if not all modern Samsung's should), Chromecast is the way to go. I have an ultra connected to my main TV and a regular one connected to another older TV. Best $100 I've spent in tech in a long time.

They usually go on sale this time of year too. 

I was told by Best Buy salesman, ESPN app does NOT include or work with espn3 or espn+ ????????? I was prepared to buy a new smart tv, but he said I would still need the adapter/hdmi hookup for 3 & +.  Since my cable package includes espn, 2 and U, I did not buy the smart tv. HELP.  Was the salesman wrong about 3 & + not with app. I would have bought the smart tv if it included all espn networks???????

Edited by dslyank

28 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I was told by Best Buy salesman, ESPN app does NOT include or work with espn3 or espn+ ????????? I was prepared to buy a new smart tv, but he said I would still need the adapter/hdmi hookup for 3 & +.  Since my cable package includes espn, 2 and U, I did not buy the smart tv. HELP.  Was the salesman wrong about 3 & + not with app. I would have bought the smart tv if it included all espn networks???????

Most of those sales people are tools and I would do my own research. I don't trust any of them. Take it from me, the ESPN app on my Samsung QLED TV has ESPN3 and ESPN+ content. You open the app and scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see the other ESPN networks. I watched the game directly on my TV as did Click (we have the same TV). 

• Like 1

I bought an LG Smart TV last year and it does not get the ESPN App.  Of course did not know that but the Firestick saves me.  Also I can put the game on my phones ESPN App then with smart view, watch it on the TV although not as clear and buffers a little.