UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ahmad Clark

32 minutes ago, Eli said:

Eh. It's cool...I guess.

Personally, I'd rather see 5 guys work together and collectively shoot 20% than one guy force shot after shot, not trust his teammates, turn it over and himself shoot sub 40%. But I guess we can agree to disagree. I may be the only one in the world who believes this. The times when he attacked and dished were the best of times. It's too bad they are an exception instead of the rule.

I'm hoping Amica is a pass first guard who will trust the young men around him, put them in positions to succeed and be a leader.

Im right there with ya, i think clark is a nice player but he ruined the ball movement and cost us more then three games with turnovers. I understand why he got so much freedom as the sophmore class absolutely regressed and we had no other options. I think he will be like david nichols was where hes a nice player but not necessarily the reason they win. Looking forward to the ball movement returning!

I'd take Clark on my team anytime he comes to play and play hard every night.

JoJo Anderson and Rian Carter was taken as a walk on( avg 16ppg in JC) were here to rest Clark,  to move him off the ball and just to sit him and calm him down when needed.

I think when Healy got hurt Clark could have played the 2 with JoJo at the point

I don't think CB expected to lose both of them for the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the past 2 seasons are an abberation!!!!

At the end of 17/18 CB fully expected to 2 of the better guards in the AE back for 18/19 when they left after the recruiting was basically done it left UA in a bad spot then this year believe it or not the team was a physical mess

Anderson(knee), Carter(knee), Lulka and Shafer (labrum) all missed basically the entire season

Healy hip and back problems hurt UA and cost him an All Conference spot.

DeSousa bad ankle and then Flu never seemingly recovered.

Hutchinson strained his back 2/3 of the way through the season. That and freshman fatigue (forced  to play almost 30 min a game out of necessity) could have been the reason he struggled mightily down the stretch.

From what CB has said recently Ahmad hasn't even practiced much lately (back and hamstring) and tried to fight through it because he didn't want to sit part of his SR season.

That's 8 guys????? All teams battle injuries but I am not sure all teams faced what UA did.

With 1 year left on his contract I'm sure we will see some combination of Post Grads & JUCOS for next season.

2 hours ago, Patch said:

I'd take Clark on my team anytime he comes to play and play hard every night.

JoJo Anderson and Rian Carter was taken as a walk on( avg 16ppg in JC) were here to rest Clark,  to move him off the ball and just to sit him and calm him down when needed.

I think when Healy got hurt Clark could have played the 2 with JoJo at the point

I don't think CB expected to lose both of them for the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the past 2 seasons are an abberation!!!!

At the end of 17/18 CB fully expected to 2 of the better guards in the AE back for 18/19 when they left after the recruiting was basically done it left UA in a bad spot then this year believe it or not the team was a physical mess

Anderson(knee), Carter(knee), Lulka and Shafer (labrum) all missed basically the entire season

Healy hip and back problems hurt UA and cost him an All Conference spot.

DeSousa bad ankle and then Flu never seemingly recovered.

Hutchinson strained his back 2/3 of the way through the season. That and freshman fatigue (forced  to play almost 30 min a game out of necessity) could have been the reason he struggled mightily down the stretch.

From what CB has said recently Ahmad hasn't even practiced much lately (back and hamstring) and tried to fight through it because he didn't want to sit part of his SR season.

That's 8 guys????? All teams battle injuries but I am not sure all teams faced what UA did.

With 1 year left on his contract I'm sure we will see some combination of Post Grads & JUCOS for next season.

I find myself thinking a lot about this season over the last few days. My initial position has been not to extend anyone but the more I think about it, it's going to be hard to recruit with one year left. I don't know where Benson is with this, not to long ago he re upped Gattuso when the guy was losing huge. The more I think about it, from a fan point of view I'd offer a 2 year extension with a capped buy out if things go horribly wrong. Capped to something reasonable that the school can afford to protect itself in case things can't get back on track. The last two years absolutely can't repeat themselves though. 

• Like 1

Saw this story...both terrifying and sobering to read....at the end of the day, these are kids bouncing a ball. Talk about perspective for me, need to remember next time I go in on a kid. 

Good luck to Ahmad and the rest of our UA athletes. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-fight-of-his-life-vermonts-anthony-lamb-opens-up-about-getting-through-darkness-on-his-way-to-greatness/

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1