UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #18: 1/16/19 - 7:00PM @ UMass Lowell

Eli

Anyone of us could score inside vs the Danes interior defense in the 2nd half.  Guys wide open underneath doing layup drills.  Please, no blaming it on freshmen.  You are taught boxing out in pee-wee ball.  These guys have their head up their arse watching UML score bucket after bucket.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

When you're up 13, you clearly have the talent to win....So if the problem isn't the talent..then... where does the problem lie?

Yeah.  I'm a broken record, but i'm REALLY pissed at the way this season is going.  Sorry guys.  I appreciate what Brown has done, but this team is getting worse, not better.  That means we're being scouted better by other coaches than our coach is scouting.  

And about Brown being a good coach in the post-season? Look what happened last two post-seasons...and we may not make it this year.

So you are saying they should fire Brown?

Just now, UA_MA_2000 said:

I just don't see where we can get a win this year in the league with how we defend and turn the ball over. Up in Maine, maybe. UNH, maybe but probably not. BU, UVM, UMBC, SB, no. HU? Probably not. 1-15 would not surprise me.

No way we win in Maine. Not after that drive. They beat us at our home, they'll beat us at their home.

I honestly don't see many opportunities for a win myself. 

Well...there were only two things that could happen after facing UVM in the first game...either the team spirals out of control and loses confidence or sees how hard it hard to work to win and makes the adjustment. We're seeing which option was picked...

1 minute ago, DanesRGood said:

So you are saying they should fire Brown?

Pretty much.  I'm over the underachieving the last three seasons and the woeful development of the team this season.  This isn't an overreaction.  Even great coaches lose the plot sometimes and need a change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

Anyone of us could score inside vs the Danes interior defense in the 2nd half.  Guys wide open underneath doing layup drills.  Please, no blaming it on freshmen.  You are taught boxing out in pee-wee ball.  These guys have their head up their arse watching UML score bucket after bucket.

This is a bad team. It goes beyond having freshman because we have upperclassmen getting major minutes too. The fact that we were only up by a few when shooting 72% says a lot. The turnovers and sloppy play (due in part to being outtoughed) are this team's #1 problem.

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

You've posted this 3 times lol.

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

Well...there were only two things that could happen after facing UVM in the first game...either the team spirals out of control and loses confidence or sees how hard it hard to work to win and makes the adjustment. We're seeing which option was picked...

I think we are putting in effort. I think it is just a youth (to a limited extent), athleticism, and talent issue. Youth will become experience over time, and athleticism can be improved in the gym (within one's genetic range).

Edited by UA_MA_2000