UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1 - @Syracuse, 2/16, 4:00

He did alot of that last year too, hanging out "top of the key".   Pretty sure Marr designs it that way.  Based upon the quicker, agile,  better shape attackman and short stick middies that can run around all day, Tehoka could never keep up that pace at his size.  Couple times cameras showed him huffing and puffing.  

• Like 1

Lot of good comments from you guys. I want to watch the replay tomorrow to see how it looked on tv versus being there.

I wasn’t too optimistic going in but it was worse than I hoped.

Game balls go to Jones and Siekierski. They were our best players tonight.

I heard several of the other parents talking about this, but the personnel tonight was just crazy. It was almost as if there has been no pre season practices. Guys who played good minutes last year and did well didn’t see the field.

Laffin must have reinjured his ankle on the first or second play. No idea why Diamond didn’t play other than on man ups.

Dhluy had a really nice game, but other than the 3rd quarter the defense was t good. If the goalie hasn’t  bailed them out it would have been much worse.

More crazy slides and leaving guys wide open to shoot. I’ll need to ask one of the defensive guys what is going on, but we were all screaming. 

I actually thought Barrow and Gleason were scrapping hard for ground balls. 

The offense was putrid plain and simple. 

This team wasn’t ready to play a game, and many of the personnel packages made little sense. Guys who didn’t play or played very little should have played more and vice versa.

Having over 7 minutes in penalties is insane.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see the improvement made next week. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Defense is awful as i thought they might be.  Could be a LONG season!!!  We need to have Syracuse AT HOME and NOT in the Dome all the time.  OUTRAGEOUS!

#44 Barrow is terrible!  and #47 Filipowski is being out played terribly.  Thought those guys were suppose to be leaders!  Offense has to stop turning the ball over!!!  Just a TERRIBLE showing so far!  

Just my opinion but I thought Barrow was one of the few guys that left it all out on the field. Same with Gleason.  I can’t say the same about some others. 

14 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Defense looks awful for sure.  The Two Jr close D's are awful!!  Is Davis Diamond hurt?? Is Mitch Laffin hurt??  Also have not seen Goldsmith at all. None of them has played at all. Unless I just missed them.  Lots of subs the second quarter on Offense.  Maybe Marr is making a point to his starters!!!

Goldsmith played a lot of defensive middie

Laffin was injured

Diamomd MIA 

37 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Dumbest coaching call of the entire game. Don’t know if that was Marr or Russell making that decision.

Thought Jones did well, believe 10 of 16.  Would have been better but after winning the draw, he lost it on a stick check a few times.  The one thing with TD was if he won the draw, he did not lose it.  He purposely got out of he crowd and sprinted to an open area away from long sticks.   Jones will learn.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Just my opinion but I thought Barrow was one of the few guys that left it all out on the field. Same with Gleason.  I can’t say the same about some others. 

May be true, he hustled but he is just NOT good in front of the crease.  He never got to their # 1 left him open to shoot clear every time!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Goldsmith played a lot of defensive middie

Laffin was injured

Diamomd MIA 

I must have missed Goldsmith, he played Off middie in the one scrimmage I saw.

Jones did well, wings fought for ground balls BUT once again we have small guys who have a very tough time against the bigger heavier guys.   AND Jones loosing the ball on stick checks is a part of that.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

May be true, he hustled but he is just NOT good in front of the crease.  He never got to their # 1 left him open to shoot clear every time!

Not sure where to place the blame on the defense. I’ve seen the same guy make horrible slide decisions for three years now with two different defensive coordinators. 

Some guys have great on ball skills but not good in team schemes. I rarely see our close D guys getting physically beat, but I consistently see poor decision making which leads to a lot of offense for the other guys.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Lot of good comments from you guys. I want to watch the replay tomorrow to see how it looked on tv versus being there.

I wasn’t too optimistic going in but it was worse than I hoped.

Game balls go to Jones and Siekierski. They were our best players tonight.

I heard several of the other parents talking about this, but the personnel tonight was just crazy. It was almost as if there has been no pre season practices. Guys who played good minutes last year and did well didn’t see the field.

Laffin must have reinjured his ankle on the first or second play. No idea why Diamond didn’t play other than on man ups.

Dhluy had a really nice game, but other than the 3rd quarter the defense was t good. If the goalie hasn’t  bailed them out it would have been much worse.

More crazy slides and leaving guys wide open to shoot. I’ll need to ask one of the defensive guys what is going on, but we were all screaming. 

I actually thought Barrow and Gleason were scrapping hard for ground balls. 

The offense was putrid plain and simple. 

This team wasn’t ready to play a game, and many of the personnel packages made little sense. Guys who didn’t play or played very little should have played more and vice versa.

Having over 7 minutes in penalties is insane.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see the improvement made next week. 

Offense???????????????  What is going on with all of the different combinations.  Guys can not get in a rhythm.  Turned the ball over multiple times on lackadaisical passing and terrible forced whimpy shots.  O still has not learned to work against a zone.  Same problem as the last couple of years.  With the new shot clock that is what we will see all year.   yes I agree Diamond MIA,  Patterson basically MIA as well.  Not sure why he is not in there more.  Seem to be playing the freshman a lot.  Did Chris Ryan play?  Played last year and in the scrimmages. 

10 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Not sure where to place the blame on the defense. I’ve seen the same guy make horrible slide decisions for three years now with two different defensive coordinators. 

Some guys have great on ball skills but not good in team schemes. I rarely see our close D guys getting physically beat, but I consistently see poor decision making which leads to a lot of offense for the other guys.

That comes down to recruiting.  Need guys with quick feet and better lacrosse IQ as they say.   I still think we need bigger guys on Def.  Starting 5' 7" or 5' 9" or even 5' 10" or 6' 0" who have slow feet against bigger heavier and stronger guys who are quick does not seem to work.  I know there are some freshman and sophs who are bigger but they must not be ready yet or not better that the Jr's who are shorter but start

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Other than having to serve the coach’s penalty, I don’t think Ryan saw the field.

i thought the coaching was a debacle and reeked of desperation in week one which is troubling to say the least. I can’t believe I am saying that, but that’s what it looked like.

You had guys seeing no minutes in the fall and pre season all of a sudden playing meaningful minutes and vice versa.

Yes and I do not understand.   That's what I mean by Patterson being MIA.  Maybe they see the handwriting on the wall and think it better to give the new guys a lot of playing time and experience!

• Like 1