UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1 - @Syracuse, 2/16, 4:00

21 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Yes and I do not understand.   That's what I mean by Patterson being MIA.  Maybe they see the handwriting on the wall and think it better to give the new guys a lot of playing time and experience!

Other than Penn State and Loyola just about everyone looks flawed to some degree this year so no time to panic which is why what we saw yesterday was so shocking to me.

Patterson was out there but quiet. Davis just didn’t play and seems to be way down on the depth chart.

I thought we could be 1-3 or 1-4 out of the gate and still make the tournament with AE AQ, and this is still the case. 

Based upon what I saw other than Jones, Siekierski, and Dhluy every position is up for grabs.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

18 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Other than Penn State and Loyola just about everyone looks flawed to some degree this year so no time to panic which is why what we saw yesterday was so shocking to me.

Patterson was out there but quiet. Davis just didn’t play and seems to be way down on the depth chart.

I thought we could be 1-3 or 1-4 out of the gate and still make the tournament with AE AQ, and this is still the case. 

Based upon what I saw other than Jones, Siekierski, and Dhluy every position is up for grabs.

Not sure about every position, but WHY so many changes on O??  Maybe looking for more chemistry.  Who know.  I agree, guys I know from Syracuse are gloating and saying told you so, last year was a fluke!!  UA is a big community college!

5 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Not sure about every position, but WHY so many changes on O??  Maybe looking for more chemistry.  Who know.  I agree, guys I know from Syracuse are gloating and saying told you so, last year was a fluke!!  UA is a big community college!

Honestly no idea. I’ve never seen anything like it before. We all acknowledged that finding the right chemistry would be bumpy. As bad as the offense was and it was bad, the goalie covered up an even worse performance from the defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Honestly no idea. I’ve never seen anything like it before. We all acknowledged that finding the right chemistry would be bumpy. As bad as the offense was and it was bad, the goalie covered up an even worse performance from the defense.

Agree!

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Goldsmith played a lot of defensive middie

Laffin was injured

Diamomd MIA 

Goldsmith also had two penalties (I actually had him in the box three times--maybe he served one for the coaches.) All three of our starting attack missed at least one rotation because of injuries. Laffin pretty much did not play after the first ½ of qtr1. cuse was just plain DIRTY and I for one think Goldsmith, Barrow and yes even Nanicoke were justified in being AGGRESSIVE and striking/fighting back. I an NOT saying the officiating cost us the game; we just did not play well. FO guys got pushed from behind pretty nearly every face-off. UA was actually down 8or9--4 on face-offs before the ref's started calling the push and from there we were able to finish well, 11-21. If called fairly from the start, would have been even higher. 

7--3 cuse in man-ups. Everyone in the place including cuse fans could see cuse was playing aggressive and UA passive. Of course aggressive does not actually translate to dirty or penalties; but dome officiating is what it always is and allowed cuse to certainly push the envelop. When two UA coaches get a T in the same game, it is certainly partly due to frustration in their teams play; but also with the conditions they a playing in. Just saying the team playing aggressive and admitting to playing so, gets out penalized by the lamb.

Much has been said/speculated concerning Tehoka's play and playing away from the action. IMHO coach directs it to keep the kid from getting KILLED. Much said on his foot work and slow to pass and hanging on the ball too long [AND I AGREE ALL IS AN ISSUE]; but it is also incumbent on his teammates to get open, play & shoot better, protect him and take some of the pressure off of him. I really know NOTHING, but would not be surprised if part of the reason he deliberated about not coming back to UA was a concern for self preservation and/or thoughts/doubts if this team could could compete with the graduations and the loss of TD (certainly could UA compete in 2019 was a factor for TD whether he admits it or not.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Other than having to serve the coach’s penalty, I don’t think Ryan saw the field.

i thought the coaching was a debacle and reeked of desperation in week one which is troubling to say the least. I can’t believe I am saying that, but that’s what it looked like.

You had guys seeing no minutes in the fall and pre season all of a sudden playing meaningful minutes and vice versa.

Agree. I do not know if it was because of injuries or frustration or just bad coaching, but it seemed like the coaches were still in pre-season mode with experimenting. And the combinations of players seemed uncomfortable with each other.

ps Asked a cuse fan (who was very obnoxious by the way) if #1 who had 6 goals & an assist, if he was a freshman. He said the kid was a JR and he did not think he had 6 goals total in his career. He checked his score book and confirmed Voight had 9 goals total in two years.

23 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Last year wasn’t a fluke, but it was certainly not the norm. They’ve played like 18 times and this was only our second victory. Last year was special and will be hard to duplicate. I dare say that if TD had been around while the Thompsons were in town the outcomes against ‘cuse would have been a little different. Top FO guy, fantastic Sr attackman and a freshman phenom....not a fluke, just a perfect storm. Is it just me or the uniform color or are all of the Syracuse defensemen way bigger than our attack (except TN of course)? They did play aggressive from the start and were determined to turn every Tehoka possession into a rugby scrum. It worked. 

• Like 1