UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMASS Up Next on Tuesday

Just unacceptable. This team wasn't ready for the Syracuse game and definitely wasn't ready today.

Maybe we are not making more about the departure of Coach Gleason as a steady hand, but what I am seeing is a coaching staff grasping for straws game by game and quarter by quarter. Older guys making the same mistake over and over. Today was a big step back.

The AE looks pretty mediocre top to bottom so all is not lost, but we need to see some improvement ASAP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Makes no sense - Yunker playing solid, all of a sudden disappears and McComber is playing who hasn't done anything. Constant revolving door after the team puts up 16 on Cornell, but we did have the ball a lot. Not so much today and the UMass goalie is hot and getting into their head.

Siekierski bailing out the defense.

We'll see what if any adjustments Marr makes at halftime.

I agree, makes no sense at all.    I am sorry but Perla is terrible!

2 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Sad to say, but this team is in trouble

I agree.  Worse showing of the year.  Just terrible all around.  Perla should be sitting. Has given up about 10 goals so far this year One on One!!  The Mass Fogo was tilting his stick head in after the ref placed the ball but BEFORE he blew the whistle!   Red were incredibly one sided too.  BUT the boys were just awful today.  Gleason is FAR better at wing than Burgmaster,  WHY did they change from the other day?  I do not get some of the changes since Saturday!

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

That is 2-3 Ron John has forced - have to put him on the bench

Ron John has been beat a LOT this year , he is slow and gets beat by at least one step every time they have the ball,  WHY ARE THESE GUYS PLAYING?  Leave him in on Off .

50 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Just unacceptable. This team wasn't ready for the Syracuse game and definitely wasn't ready today.

Maybe we are not making more about the departure of Coach Gleason as a steady hand, but what I am seeing is a coaching staff grasping for straws game by game and quarter by quarter. Older guys making the same mistake over and over. Today was a big step back.

The AE looks pretty mediocre top to bottom so all is not lost, but we need to see some improvement ASAP.

We have always had an issue playing Tuesday after Saturday.  Not sure why they schedule these.  Maybe to get ready for league play.  I agree league is very poor this year so all is not lost.  Lets hope they are working to find O and D combos for league play.  This was awful!!  Got to sit Perla - he has give up at least 10 goals this year.  VERY slow a foot.  Ron John should NOT be in on Def ever.  Burgmaster either.  They are slow!  The young guys CAN'T worse.  Marr needs to hire  REAL Def coach for the future, seriously.

Our offense can NOT play against a zone and that is all we have been seeing and all we will see.  They better get it figured out.  No passes completed inside and no attempts inside.  Passing has not been crisp and quick either.  Really  not much else to say

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Ron John has been beat a LOT this year , he is slow and gets beat by at least one step every time they have the ball,  WHY ARE THESE GUYS PLAYING?  Leave him in on Off .

That's the double edge sword of playing a few guys both ways the whole game. They just get worn out, and the team doesn't do the sort of conditioning to have certain guys play those kind of minutes. 

The team defense is just flat out bad, and from what I hear no changes on the horizon.