UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well We have to do it - Maryland coming in on Saturday!

I was really tempted to go to this game, but with MBB having the same start time it’s easier and cheaper to stay home and watch the BB on the big screen and lax on the tablet. Unfortunate timing. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

I was really tempted to go to this game, but with MBB having the same start time it’s easier and cheaper to stay home and watch the BB on the big screen and lax on the tablet. Unfortunate timing. 

We are HUGE BB fans BUT I would never miss a home game!

Just back from the game.  Tehoka got hit in the head yesterday WITHOUT his helmet on - what we were hearing at the game.  Kept him out as a precaution.  Over-all Defense played FAR better than Tuesday. GREAT until the end again.  Down by 2 goals with around 7 minutes to play - had THREE hit the crossbar [two in the 4th Q] and two wide open missed shots in the 2nd half.  Close D, same players got beat for scores.  Pelra actually tripped on the back of the net frame twice and got beat on the corner so he was hustling today and did far better.  Guys got beat in front of the net again on a couple of unnecessary slides.  Same as I have said in the past, couple may be too SLOW FOOTED to play in close. Ron John got beat once in close.  DO NOT PLAY HIM ON DEF!!

i WISH we had the officials against Syracuse and Cornell.  We would have had a dozen man-ups against Syracuse and almost as many against Cornell!!! Nuff said!

I think we saw better how we can play with anybody.   League schedule should give us some confidence and get us playing cohesively and with better chemistry.

I see Jones was 8 of 23, not good BUT we did get several possessions after they got the ball initially.  Wings were changing out a lot but did better again I thought.  Def actually held them to 4 [I think] possession violations for not taking a shot in the 80 seconds allowed!!

Edited by HOF2013

Defense played better but simply ON THE FIELD TOO LONG. UA shots were one and done or off the pipe and long ricochet to the terps. Pretty sure HOf correct we did cause 4 80 second violations. But also mary had multiple resets giving them 160 second of possession at times. Not positive, but I am pretty sure mary actually had two resets on the same possession. If a time of possession stat was kept it would have been 3 full qtrs. mary, 1 UA. The shot clock was suppose to prevent this and also help negate dominant face-off discrepancies. Today the shot clock did not help UA {IMHO}.

Speaking of face-offs what happened to Altamari. He went from being anointed #1 and was the higher recruit out of high school, to NOT even given a chance even though Jones HAS struggled against only average rated competition??????

ps. I don't believe the Tehoka "story" out because of hit in the face??????? IMHO there is more to this whole now 2 ½ games not playing. Maybe I've watched too many Area 51 and Kennedy assassination conspiracies??

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Defense played better but simply ON THE FIELD TOO LONG. UA shots were one and done or off the pipe and long ricochet to the terps. Pretty sure HOf correct we did cause 4 80 second violations. But also mary had multiple resets giving them 160 second of possession at times. Not positive, but I am pretty sure mary actually had two resets on the same possession. If a time of possession stat was kept it would have been 3 full qtrs. mary, 1 UA. The shot clock was suppose to prevent this and also help negate dominant face-off discrepancies. Today the shot clock did not help UA {IMHO}.

Speaking of face-offs what happened to Altamari. He went from being anointed #1 and was the higher recruit out of high school, to NOT even given a chance even though Jones HAS struggled against only average rated competition??????

ps. I don't believe the Tehoka "story" out because of hit in the face??????? IMHO there is more to this whole now 2 ½ games not playing. Maybe I've watched too many Area 51 and Kennedy assassination conspiracies??

People in the stands were taking about Tehoka taking a ball to the head without his helmet on.  I did not agree with at least two of the clock resets.  Shot on net means shot on net.  There were a couple that Sak reached outside the goal to knock away.  NOT a shot on goal!  Despite everything we were in a position to tie or even go ahead during the last 5 minutes IF we hadn't hit the crossbar and Patterson had scored on a fast break that was basically on on one and he missed!!

I think this  bodes well going into the season.  I really do.  Shows we can play with anybody, even this year.  Gotta stop the yong mistakes and 'head not in the game" moments.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

Ugly half. Getting beaten in all phases. 

we were down 3 goals against the #7 team in the country!!

Edited by HOF2013

We forced them into 6 shot clock violations - THAT is great.

Here's some stats for the game:

Shots by period 1 2 3 4  Total            Saves by period 1 2 3 4 Total       
UMD                8 11 10 9    38                                  UMD 3 3 2 1    9
UALBANY          6 10 7 9    32                        UALBANY 3 1 4 1     9

Ground balls/prd 1 2 3 4 Total          Turnovers by prd 1 2 3 4   Total          
UMD                       7 7 9 9    32                         UMD         5 2 6 4    17
UALBANY              4 5 8 4    21                      UALBANY    3 2 4 1    10

Faceoffs by prd 1 2 3 4          Total     Clears by period 1 2 3 4      Total                   
UMD       3-4 4-7 4-6 6-10       17-27             UMD 5-5 4-5 4-5 4-6     17-21
UALBANY 1-4 3-7 2-6 4-10    10-27      UALBANY 6-7 3-4 5-6 1-1   15-18

Extra-man opps 1 2 3 4 Total
UMD 1-2 0-0 1-2 0-1 2-5
UALBANY 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-1 0-1