Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

I used to think 6500-7000 too, but that is too big. We averaged a little over 2k this season albeit a bad season. Our best season attendance avg was about 3500 I think. With a 6500-7000 seat arena players will feel like they’re playing in an empty facility.

I didn't mean 6500-7000 immediately, I meant choosing a design that can be easily expanded to that level, or even more. The school shouldn't just plan for today's needs or even the next 5-10. It should be built with foresight for 20-30. UA tends to be shortsighted and that would be a shame. 

The capital region has multiple venues that can hold 1000-5000 people with the armory, the palace, proctors, glens falls civic center, etc. We have the TUC for big events. There really isn't much at the mid-level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of the accolades Benson gives himself are not really even "his". Most were done by or ushered by other people in the University for athletics. I think most people know that he is not a coach

I was a McElroy guy.  Fundraising was by far his biggest negative.  You have to ask people to give you money, that is sadly a big part of the job.  Dr. McElroy presided over the growth of the most suc

I'm not advocating for a conference change anytime soon, but the facilities should be designed with those ambitions in mind. How easy would it be to renovate again to fit in the CAA, A10, or even the Big East. I don't see anything like that happening anytime soon, but this building and investment should have the year 2045 in mind. (did I just type that number? Wow)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm not advocating for a conference change anytime soon, but the facilities should be designed with those ambitions in mind. How easy would it be to renovate again to fit in the CAA, A10, or even the Big East. I don't see anything like that happening anytime soon, but this building and investment should have the year 2045 in mind. (did I just type that number? Wow)

Lol.  I'll be 84.  Sure by then they can just beam me up from NC to a seat in the new arena. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Lol this thread really has gone derailed. How did this become the butts in their seat thread 2.0. attention span is quite small lol. Look at the shiny thing over here.

Don't 100% agree. The complaints about Benson can all boil down to achievement and communication. 

The news of this RFP hitting the contract reporter goes a long way towards achievement. Communication is the next step.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Well, if that's what it takes...so be it.

In the end, this guy could be the all-time undercover athletics mastermind.  

I'm gonna hold off on that... Right now he's the dope that didn't fire Greg Gattuso. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Don't 100% agree. The complaints about Benson can all boil down to achievement and communication. 

The news of this RFP hitting the contract reporter goes a long way towards achievement. Communication is the next step.

How do you know he deserves credit for it? People gave him credit for the Casey donation and the scoreboard until it came to light it wasn't his doing. Just saying...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

How do you know he deserves credit for it? People gave him credit for the Casey donation and the scoreboard until it came to light it wasn't his doing. Just saying...

Listen, we $iena on Benson a lot and for good reason but, I find it hard to believe that the AD has noting to do with athletic facility construction. Let's be fair...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 9:44 PM, Clickclack said:

Listen, we $iena on Benson a lot and for good reason but, I find it hard to believe that the AD has noting to do with athletic facility construction. Let's be fair...

I thought the 'master-plan' was put together between 2010-2012 (someone please correct me if dates are off.)  Assuming this is accurate, wouldn't it have been done of McElroy's watch? Meaning the bid is going out under Benson but was planned for by others.

Edited by kikuria
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...