UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thawing out in the car. Going to reserve judgement until I get a chance to see the replay with a scotch to warm me up!

It wasn't a good game, and just speaks to how bad the AE is this year. Nate played out of his mind. Don't know what his save total was, but had to be one of his best.

36 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Thawing out in the car. Going to reserve judgement until I get a chance to see the replay with a scotch to warm me up!

It wasn't a good game, and just speaks to how bad the AE is this year. Nate played out of his mind. Don't know what his save total was, but had to be one of his best.

I really do think we would have scored a lot more if 2nd and 3rd line offensive players did not sub so much.  I credit the coach for not making it a huge blowout and fro giving guys playing time and getting them crucial experience, BUT our Def is just not getting better!!!  THAT goes mostly to the three upper class Close Def guys.  WHY are they still starting??  Hard to believe the younger guys can be that much worse!!!

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Time to move on; Harvard mid week and Hartford on Saturday.  Despite everything, two possible wins as Harvard is not playing as well as in the past.

Yep.

Watched the replay. 

It wasn't the greatest effort, but I am going to stand by what I said as I was shivering yesterday that the elements really sucked and impacted the level of play. It is hard to play a skilled game that requires touch and soft hands when you are playing with ice cubes for fingers. Some of the guys were wearing two sets of surgical gloves under their gloves to try keep warm.

Now that the excuses are over....

Some interesting coaching moves. Reinserting Yunker and he steps up with several nice goals. There was a change on the man up. Collin Lyons and Spahr played on the one man down situation. Glad to see the coaches make an adjustment.

Nate had a great day. I wouldn't say Bingo had the best shooters, and his stats were probably a little better on paper because of the mediocre quality of their shots. He covered up for another so so day of defense. Bingo's best play was to hang up a defender and then wait until one of our guys lost his man to give them a look on the doorstep.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Watched the replay. 

It wasn't the greatest effort, but I am going to stand by what I said as I was shivering yesterday that the elements really sucked and impacted the level of play. It is hard to play a skilled game that requires touch and soft hands when you are playing with ice cubes for fingers. Some of the guys were wearing two sets of surgical gloves under their gloves to try keep warm.

Now that the excuses are over....

Some interesting coaching moves. Reinserting Yunker and he steps up with several nice goals. There was a change on the man up. Collin Lyons and Spahr played on the one man down situation. Glad to see the coaches make an adjustment.

Nate had a great day. I wouldn't say Bingo had the best shooters, and his stats were probably a little better on paper because of the mediocre quality of their shots. He covered up for another so so day of defense. Bingo's best play was to hang up a defender and then wait until one of our guys lost his man to give them a look on the doorstep.

There were several changes in attack lines, or rather rotations in, Yunker looked good [he loves to shoot - sometime when a pass is called for though] Chris Ryan looked good too. He must have been injured earlier in the year.  Man up is still a problem.  We need to shoot and stop pussy footing on man up - be more aggressive.  Agree with the 'losing guy and them making shot'.  Another example of sliding when not necessary OR getting caught flat footed.  I do understand it is tough weather to play in BUT Bingo also played in the same weather.  If their shooters were any good we would have been in trouble.  One guy STILL playing on man down who should not be!!!!!  We all know who!

Patterson impresses me more each game.  Look at all of the assists!!!! WOW!  Tehoka also looks far better coming in on middie.  He is playing more team ball now too.  Did try to force once or twice and was a little late getting rid of the ball, BUT over-all I think he is playing better.  

Not sure how, BUT somehow the kids have got to stop the unforced turnovers.  Kills us!   We had 5 in the first couple of minutes.  Had far less rotation on the wings today but I think we may have had the wrong guys in there some.  I still like Gleason in there; he seems more aggressive.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

Wimped out and stayed home and watched on tv. Never played lacrosse, but played with a lacrosse stick a few years ago to see what it was like. Could barely keep the ball in the stick under perfect conditions and hitting a fixed target while fixed myself NOT GOOD!  So I'm NOT a great athlete, but I've got to agree with 2018 that the weather was definitely a factor yesterday. Even for those holding a lacrosse stick since the crib, it can't be easy. I've been to every home game and including January scrimmages for well over 10 years. The only player I ever saw who was totally unaffected by the weather IMHO was Lyle {and perhaps Miles also.}

Anyhow, bingo maybe/IS a bad team, and it may be a slight exaggeration to say, they were playing for their very lives yesterday; trying to stave off a 0-7 start to their season. So  even though not pretty, I'd like to give UA praise for a hard fought win. Especially Sierkierski; maybe bingo does not have the best or hardest shooters, but even @ only 70 mph a lacrosse ball not the easiest thing to react to, especially when your defense is not giving you a lot of help.

UA as king of the hill (@ least as the AmEast is concerned) is always going to get their opponents best shot. Need to continue getting better and be tough like yesterday.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Wimped out and stayed home and watched on tv. Never played lacrosse, but played with a lacrosse stick a few years ago to see what it was like. Could barely keep the ball in the stick under perfect conditions and hitting a fixed target while fixed myself NOT GOOD!  So I'm NOT a great athlete, but I've got to agree with 2018 that the weather was definitely a factor yesterday. Even for those holding a lacrosse stick since the crib, it can't be easy. I've been to every home game and including January scrimmages for well over 10 years. The only player I ever saw who was totally unaffected by the weather IMHO was Lyle {and perhaps Miles also.}

Anyhow, bingo maybe/IS a bad team, and it may be a slight exaggeration to say, they were playing for their very lives yesterday; trying to stave off a 0-7 start to their season. So  even though not pretty, I'd like to give UA praise for a hard fought win. Especially Sierkierski; maybe bingo does not have the best or hardest shooters, but even @ only 70 mph a lacrosse ball not the easiest thing to react to, especially when your defense is not giving you a lot of help.

UA as king of the hill (@ least as the AmEast is concerned) is always going to get their opponents best shot. Need to continue getting better and be tough like yesterday.

Well said!