UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena's Jamion Christian

Holy moly. Didn't see this until this morning. Can't blame a guy for bolting for a better place, but so quick? And after a barely over .500 season? It doesn't say much about the athletic/financial situation over there. As a long time area resident I have to say that I prefer that ALL area schools do well in sports and really don't revel in their fan's misery. It benefits all if every program is strong. It does warm my heart that some of the Loudonville trash talkers are losing their $iena over this. I guess the bloom is off the rose over on Rt 9, or perhaps they've dug it up and tossed it into a burning dumpster. Count me among those who feel that when a head coach leaves, the players ought to be able to transfer immediately. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Edited by jimbo

Not that I care one iota; but "mayhem's" record at Mt. St. Mary was NOT awe-inspiring and a barely .5OO record and second round knock-out in the 2nd/3rd worse conference in the country. GW desperate obviously; but I am not sure exactly what everyone see's in JC. He promised mayhem and a fast passed offense and won most of their games on the defensive end. I think lcc had a higher scoring average under pathos. Probably wrong about all of this, as I don't follow that school very close; but anything that hurts them makes me happy {sorry Jimbo, not as magnanimous as you--no offense intended.}

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

Holy moly. Didn't see this until this morning. Can't blame a guy for bolting for a better place, but so quick? And after a barely over .500 season? It doesn't say much about the athletic/financial situation over there. As a long time area resident I have to say that I prefer that ALL area schools do well in sports and really don't revel in their fan's misery. It benefits all if every program is strong. It does warm my heart that some of the Loudonville trash talkers are losing their $iena over this. I guess the bloom is off the rose over on Rt 9, or perhaps they've dug it up and tossed it into a burning dumpster. Count me among those who feel that when a head coach leaves, the players ought to be able to transfer immediately. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Rumor on Siena board is that he was making 275k. Siena is a financial mess and a few years away from leaving the TUC permanently. Yesterday's events probably hasten that eventuality. That's a program going nowhere. 4 coaches in 10 years and a lot of losing. More losing next year and will struggle to get to 500 and that's pending who transfers out or who jc takes with him. It's a mess... 

Edited by Clickclack

This is as much about choosing someone connected to the Siena community...large world ambitions .... With need of making their local fans feel that their coach stay around for a few years.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

2 hours ago, kikuria said:

Does a GW buyout cover the cost of the Patos buyout?

I do not think it matters; Siena was taking a long view.  The need for a younger, more exciting coach that connected with the players and could recruit.  JC appeared to be that coach.  The money paid by GW will not mean much if Siena does not make the "Big Dance" in the near future.  Siena needs that type of buzz created by making the tournament to help them in other areas.

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Siena was only paying 275k. They are a financial mess and probably a few years away from leaving Tuc for the on campus place. They now have to start with a new coach and this dark decade continues for their program. They are a mess in many ways.

Interesting observation; about their home court.  Times Union Center needs the Siena presence.  I suspect the T - U Center & Siena talk about the relationship every off season.  If Siena leaves the T-U Center ; the story is in the category of losing another minor league franchise the Capital District. 

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Siena was only paying 275k. They are a financial mess and probably a few years away from leaving Tuc for the on campus place. They now have to start with a new coach and this dark decade continues for their program. They are a mess in many ways.

Wow. Their fans always claim "they are above the maac" 😋😋

Are they paying the new guy even that amount .

Also I have done my part. Over the last 15 years , even if they get an equal share of the maac tournament, I contributed $1.64 to them 😋