Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

I saw that BUT Nanticoke did NOT go to the box after the brawl. Eccles did.   I sit right above the box!!

Only one guy from each team went to the box.

Incredible that we got two penalties and they got one.  They started the entire thing and several of the players were involved!  2 on 1 with Eccles and took him to the ground - how is it possible only one got a penalty??  Worse official I have seen this year! 

Edited by HOF2013
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our attendance at each home games has to average as much as anybody in the country.  Just a guess but last year we were behind only Syracuse who has MANY more home games, especially early in the season in the dome!

Edited by HOF2013
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I saw that BUT Nanticoke did NOT go to the box after the brawl. Eccles did.   I sit right above the box!!

 

Tehoka DID go to the box albeit for 1.3 seconds. Might have slipped out ½ second early, but he was there. Agree hartford should have gotten @ least two penalties and a game misconduct {meaning having to sit the next game.}; but you are 100% right officials were glueless. They had no idea how to handle the brawl and who/how to dispense the penalties. I think they just wanted the game to be over, which is how they seemed to ref the entire game; as if they did not want to be there in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

To not be able to put away the bottom feeders of the AE isn't something to hang our hat on. I realize that  UA is always going to get everyone's best punch, but just good enough to win.

Not sure actually who the bottom feeders are. The league is BAD with 2-6 pretty equal, with UA still a notch above all the rest. For what it's worth, my pre-season order of finish UA-umass-hartford,brook,vermont in no particular order for 3&4. Have not really seen anything to drastically change my mind. If anything maybe have UA only ½ notch better than the rest?  AND of course UA is going to get everyones best punch; so IMHO winning these games IS "something to hang our hat on."

ps. League games @ all levels are simply a different animal than ooc games; especially in one bid conferences. But even in the power conferences, multiple bids and seeding become important. So close games top to bottom are the more the norm than occ games. UA has simply been spoiled the past few years by blowing the league completely away, sadly this year not the case. Perhaps making the wins even MORE and not less satisfying.

Edited by dslyank
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Our attendance at each home games has to average as much as anybody in the country.  Just a guess but last year we were behind only Syracuse who has MANY more home games, especially early in the season in the dome!

Second in total last year, fourth in per-game. From cuse.com

In total attendance, Syracuse saw 41,947 fans pack the Dome this season – 15,107 fans ahead of No. 2 Albany, who also hosted 10 home games. Maryland (25,344), Virginia (23,296) and Johns Hopkins (21,269) round out the top-five in total attendance.

'Cuse also boasted the largest per-game crowd by a wide margin as well, as 4,195 fans saw the Orange play on average. Maryland (3,168) ranked second, while Army West Point (3,038), Albany (2,684) and Johns Hopkins (2,659) round out the top-five

Last year we and Syracuse both had 10 home games, our total was 26,840. So far this year we're tied for eighth in per-game with Loyola at 1,775.  Maryland and  Army often have their average boosted by one or two big games that draw way more than Casey Stadium's capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, statefan said:

Sorry to slightly change topic, but am curious - Is Davis Diamond hurt?

Must be - was not dressed yesterday

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Second in total last year, fourth in per-game. From cuse.com

In total attendance, Syracuse saw 41,947 fans pack the Dome this season – 15,107 fans ahead of No. 2 Albany, who also hosted 10 home games. Maryland (25,344), Virginia (23,296) and Johns Hopkins (21,269) round out the top-five in total attendance.

'Cuse also boasted the largest per-game crowd by a wide margin as well, as 4,195 fans saw the Orange play on average. Maryland (3,168) ranked second, while Army West Point (3,038), Albany (2,684) and Johns Hopkins (2,659) round out the top-five

Last year we and Syracuse both had 10 home games, our total was 26,840. So far this year we're tied for eighth in per-game with Loyola at 1,775.  Maryland and  Army often have their average boosted by one or two big games that draw way more than Casey Stadium's capacity.

How could we have been second in attendance but  4th in per game crowd??  Others must have had one or two huge games. We had the Largest crowds for early NCAA games last year except for Syracuse if I recall correctly.  We have had great crowds, even yesterday.  What hurts us is the bad weather early - Syracuse doesn't have to worry about that - the others are far enough south so the have greater attendance at their early games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex. Army averaged 1,000 per game except for getting 15,000 hosting Navy, the biggest regular-season crowd of the year

http://stats.ncaa.org/season_divisions/16280/attendance_sg_highs - Single game highs

 

Albany was one of six schools with ten home games last year. Maryland and Hopkins both had eight

.http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div  - select sport, year,  and Division, attendance is under the "Misc. Reports" tab

To another point, Albany's schedule is rated 24th of 73 teams to date, just ahead of UMBC. Vermont is 43, Lowell 46 and Stony Brook 63. But our future schedule is only ranked 54th, and 34th for the year.

 

Edited by UAalum72
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Ex. Army averaged 1,000 per game except for getting 15,000 hosting Navy, the biggest regular-season crowd of the year

http://stats.ncaa.org/season_divisions/16280/attendance_sg_highs - Single game highs

 

Albany was one of six schools with ten home games last year. Maryland and Hopkins both had eight

.http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div  - select sport, year,  and Division, attendance is under the "Misc. Reports" tab

To another point, Albany's schedule is rated 24th of 73 teams to date, just ahead of UMBC. Vermont is 43, Lowell 46 and Stony Brook 63. But our future schedule is only ranked 54th, and 34th for the year.

 

Schedule 24th - total BS.  Don't really care what these people come up with.  We played 3 top 10 schools in our first 5 games AND  a school U Mass which is 16th now AND we have Yale coming up!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams like High Point beat Duke but then a bunch of awful teams - and they are 14th

Towson beat Loyola but nobody else - lost 3

could go on and on.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...