UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

What a disgraceful post...here we go with a huge step up spin. GG inherited a program, support and facilities that are very much inline with CAA expectations and proceeds year after year to lose. When did we move to the SEC? In a half a decade he has only ONCE sniffed a winning season by getting to .500. ONCE!!!! In the last two years alone he is THREE and THIRTEEN   a winning percentage of 18% and these are the type of posts we get. Many of us have sat through years of his (GG) losing and the occasional off season with Bob Ford so for you to call people who chose to hold the program accountable as front-runners is disgraceful. You have yet to EVER hold Gattuso responsible for this culture of losing, by the way a culture of losing is the ONLY thing he's built here at UA. Your type of blind support is what gives Benson the nerve to re-up this habitual loser in the first place. But hey, you aren't a front-runner, at least you'll always have that.

You may bristle at the notion that Gattuso is a loser but until proven otherwise that's what he is. Going into season 6 he can't even find a QB that can walk and chew gum at the same time. 

Not bristling AT Coach Gattuso OR ABOUT him, that is you talking.  You conflate being positive and supporting the program with lots of things that I have not said but that are in your mind and that YOU have said!

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

There are rules about security and bags etc at ALL stadiums these days.  If one does a simple search you will find that most, if not all are following safety guidelines that have been advocated by the NCAA for Final Four Tournaments and Championship Games.  They have been expanded AT THE SUGGESTION of the NCAA to all venues.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7flBHt8bvwoJ:https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Best_Practices_for_Venue_Safety_and_Security.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

59 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Never said that BUT if you are positive and support them ONLY because they are successful you are.................  Sorry but I ALWAYS try to be positive - does not mean I am happy about everything that transpires!  I have been with the team since I played and even Fordie had bad years.   The first year in the league the team was terrible.  In talking to him he specifically said he knew it was going to be awful and didn't want to immediately drop that onto a new guy.  I have spoken to him every single year since then, several times.  He is ALWAYS positive about the program as many of us are and is never negative [that is why all of we former players love the man]. {{Of course private things discussed or said are off limits!}}. That, of course, does not mean a person can not criticize, criticizing is NOT the same things as constantly publically bad mouthing everything that is done!  How many years has Buffalo been FBS?  Since 1998 - they suck!!  It takes years to create a great program at a higher level.  Hopefully, nuff said.   

48 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Not bristling AT Coach Gattuso OR ABOUT him, that is you talking.  You conflate being positive and supporting the program with lots of things that I have not said but that are in your mind and that YOU have said!

Dude, can you just STFU already? Can you EVER admit that you're wrong? Dane96 has forgotten more about the NCAA than you know. I'd bet money on that.

Also, no one cares about you being a former player. Stop breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME: WE. DONT. CARE. Complaining about peoples immaturity, you are the biggest whiner I have ever seen on a forum (and I'm a moderator on the worlds largest Nissan/Infiniti forum with hundreds of thousands of members). If you were on my forum, I would have banned you months ago. DP is a saint for letting you continue to post your garbage and nonsense in this group. This place was pretty damn harmonious until you showed up. FACT.

DAMN DUDE (and I don't care if you don't like being called dude, literally couldn't care less). 

I've had it with this guy. If I get reprimanded so be it. I don't care anymore. LOG OFF HOF. Preferably for good. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Edited by Eli

3 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

There are rules about security and bags etc at ALL stadiums these days.  If one does a simple search you will find that most, if not all are following safety guidelines that have been advocated by the NCAA for Final Four Tournaments and Championship Games.  They have been expanded AT THE SUGGESTION of the NCAA to all venues.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7flBHt8bvwoJ:https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Best_Practices_for_Venue_Safety_and_Security.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sigh.  I sit here and try to be middle road and you post nonsense like this.  THE NCAA HAS ZERO CONTROL OVER ON CAMPUS DECISIONS OTHER THAN OFFICIAL NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS.   

It’s not even a debate.  It’s a legal fact. 

But thanks...

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Dude, can you just STFU already? Can you EVER admit that you're wrong? Dane96 has forgotten more about the NCAA than you know. I'd bet money on that.

Also, no one cares about you being a former player. Stop breaking your arm patting yourself on the back. FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME: WE. DONT. CARE. Complaining about peoples immaturity, you are the biggest whiner I have ever seen on a forum (and I'm a moderator on the worlds largest Nissan/Infiniti forum with hundreds of thousands of members). If you were on my forum, I would have banned you months ago. DP is a saint for letting you continue to post your garbage and nonsense in this group. This place was pretty damn harmonious until you showed up. FACT.

DAMN DUDE (and I don't care if you don't like being called dude, literally couldn't care less). 

I've had it with this guy. If I get reprimanded so be it. I don't care anymore. LOG OFF HOF. Preferably for good. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Take a break man... If he's that under your skin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Whatever man... Let's see how this season goes and if loser Gattuso can coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Get me 5 or 6 wins and I'll back off. I don't think it's to much to ask. 

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Take a break man Dude... If he's that under your skin. 

Fixed it for you.

I'm in the middle of the road with 96. Of course, being in the middle of the road just means you get run over by things going in both directions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Eli said:

Sure I'm gonna listen to you.  Do NOT call me dude!  I am not your dude.  Being honest is NOT winning.  You wanna-bes are pathetic.  Any time you think you can bring it let's go.  I am old enough to be your father but still think you haven't got enough!!!!  Guys with big mouths typically have NOTHING to back it up!!!  In facts, intelligence or balls!!   

Edited by HOF2013
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Sure I'm gonna listen to you.  Do NOT call me dude!  I am not your dude.  Being honest is NOT winning.  You wanna-bes are pathetic.  Any time you think you can bring it let's go.  I am old enough to be your father but still think you haven't got enough!!!!  Guys with big mouths typically have NOTHING to back it up!!!  In facts, intelligence or balls!!   

It's been brought lol...all you got is you are a positive dude because let's face it, that GG record is doing you no favors...LMAO...You argument is akin to a guy trying to walk on two broken legs and without a crutch. But you do you!!

tenor.gif?itemid=7720100

Edited by Clickclack

lol. Balls? Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting? Don't be an idiot.

Idiots like this completely ruin forums. Nice knowing ya'll and see some of you at ball games. Peace! I'm done. I'll be back when GG gets inevitably fired and HOF follows him out of town, slurping his way down I-87.

If he wins 8 and goes to the 2nd round of NCAA's this place will have quieted down a whole lot. I support GG all the way! That doesn't mean I would be upset if he got canned should he have a bad season. I feel confident he will get this turned around. Remember he had quite a run at Duquesne. I know he has been at it a while but with this powder puff schedule it can be done. 

Now with that said, does anyone have a projection of the win total? Please leave the bickering at the door.

On a final note I don't love the gameday experience that much. The stadium is great but the tailgating is losing its appeal. The University Police chase you out of the area before and after the game! That killed it for me last season. They kept us in a specific area with a huge tower overhead observing everything. Felt like being in a prison yard. I am considering season tickets only to park next to Bob Ford Field (sorry Casey's it will always be Bob Ford Field for me). I hope the cops don't force you into the game like last season. I hope they don't chase you away after an hour post game. That was annoying.

Winning 8 and going to the 2nd round was expected by now.   $iena happens.  It’s unfortunate but doing worse on a year to year basis is usually a bad sign 👀.  Hopefully we do not go another five years with the same results.

Still strange to give an extension to someone who has no results.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Winning 8 and going to the 2nd round was expected by now.   $iena happens.  It’s unfortunate but doing worse on a year to year basis is usually a bad sign 👀.  Hopefully we do not go another five years with the same results.

Still strange to give an extension to someone who has no results.

Truth!

This board is off the rails and not fun to read anymore honestly.

Back to football though.  DID ANYONE GO TO THE SPRING GAME?  If so, can you provide any insight?  Was there an article in the newspaper or a video from a local TV station with highlights?  Anything??

28 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

This board is off the rails and not fun to read anymore honestly.

Back to football though.  DID ANYONE GO TO THE SPRING GAME?  If so, can you provide any insight?  Was there an article in the newspaper or a video from a local TV station with highlights?  Anything??

I'd like to know as well... Did anyone go? Wish they would have held it at Casey would have probably gone to it. How did the qbs look? 

Edited by Clickclack