UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

12 games - how many W's would satiate you?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jeepers, I go on vacation and this forum turns into a steel cage death match! Apparently the Mlax team could have used some of the fight.  We need Sister Mary Scholastica to come in here with a yardstick and crack some knuckles! Ok, back to vacation. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I'd like to know as well... Did anyone go? Wish they would have held it at Casey would have probably gone to it. How did the qbs look? 

I also did not go. There was a small article in Sunday's TU; basically said nothing. D beat O. Both qb's had a td and int. Local troy boys thought it was fun being "home." GG said good community outreach.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, UAFAN said:

FCS 2019 PREVIEW: Albany Football Plans Rebound

Not familiar with Hero Sports, BUT GG liked it on twitter

Awful write-up...I suspect with "work" like this they will continue to toil in anonymity. 

You knew it was going to be bad when a half a decade of futility is reduced to this starting line...zero winning seasons in the CAA. 

dK3ML8K.png

Maybe this year we'll either win or excuses will run out. No doubt GG co-authored. 

Edited by Clickclack

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, has Will Brunson graduated or left UA? I only ask because there’s a 2019 roster posted and he’s not on it. Maybe it’s a work in progress because I don’t see the transfer RBs either. 

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

Just out of curiosity, has Will Brunson graduated or left UA? I only ask because there’s a 2019 roster posted and he’s not on it. Maybe it’s a work in progress because I don’t see the transfer RBs either. 

He graduated and transferred to Frostburg State. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, reeder said:

He graduated and transferred to Frostburg State. 

A couple of the Transfers can be seen in team workout photos.  None of the incoming freshman are shown either.  There are some new kids shown.

Edited by HOF2013

• 2 weeks later...

Is this guy serious??? You offered all the right quarterbacks??  Really??? Seriously, it is your JOB to recruit good players, you didn't and now you are lamenting not having a good QB as if it's someone else's fault.  It's crazy. 

Who's going to be the starting quarterback?

"I feel like I'm in a perpetual (problem)," head coach Greg Gattuso said. "It just shows you how volatile the situation is. You look at our games last year and we're, for the most part, in every football game and the mistakes at that position are painful mistakes. How would our years have been different the last couple of years if we would have had an established guy that was fifth or fourth in the league in passing coming back?" Gattuso said. "It's a huge advantage. And we just haven't had that luxury."

"I think it's part of a process of who you're talking to, who you're able to get to campus, who you're able to recruit,'' he said. "We've offered all the right quarterbacks."

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-faces-familiar-story-at-quarterback-14263690.php

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Is this guy serious??? You offered all the right quarterbacks??  Really??? Seriously, it is your JOB to recruit good players, you didn't and now you are lamenting not having a good QB as if it's someone else's fault.  It's crazy. 

Who's going to be the starting quarterback?

"I feel like I'm in a perpetual (problem)," head coach Greg Gattuso said. "It just shows you how volatile the situation is. You look at our games last year and we're, for the most part, in every football game and the mistakes at that position are painful mistakes. How would our years have been different the last couple of years if we would have had an established guy that was fifth or fourth in the league in passing coming back?" Gattuso said. "It's a huge advantage. And we just haven't had that luxury."

"I think it's part of a process of who you're talking to, who you're able to get to campus, who you're able to recruit,'' he said. "We've offered all the right quarterbacks."

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-faces-familiar-story-at-quarterback-14263690.php

There's a serious disconnect...I wish someone would tell him that's HIS responsibility. 

I have a team of IT people working with me under my direction. Next time we can't get something done...I'm going to throw them under the bus. See...it's their fault, they aren't smart enough. Not my fault that I recruited and hired them. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1