UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Players leaving for the NBA

20 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Cool experience but he's got no shot...

Agree.  Too slow, can't defend, decent but not lights out 3 pt shooter and that was from college line, now back him up almost 3 more feet.

LoL, I agree as well, thus the doubt. Definitely a cool experience. He is a late bloomer, so I could see him spending some time in the G league or in Europe then improving enough to get a few minutes in the NBA, but I put the chances at no better than 1:1000. If someone would give me those odds, I would make a $10 bet though :), then again at 1000:1, I would probably put $10 on just about any UA full-time all-conference caliber starter getting at least 1-minute in the NBA or Fruscio getting to be a NBA Head Coach . I would lose every bet, but it would just take one to surprise for me to be ahead :) (Degenerate gambling is kind of my thing lol)

Edited by godanesgo99

I watched multiple NBA players play in college and in high school.  With due respect, he's not remotely close to an NBA player.  His game would reside on shooting, where he could create his own shot and not be simply run off a screen.  He's not that lights out of a shooter and he's not that strong.  Both could change...but this would be a legit Cinderella story.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my beleaguered Knicks have had a history of odd or horrible draft picks and you would think they can't screw this one up tonight until my dream last night.  Adam Silver came up to the podium and said this, " With the 3rd pick in the 2019 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select Devonte Campbell, forward, the University at Albany.  

No disrespect to him, but the Knicks are known for bizarre picks lol.  Glad it was only a dream, or is it?  Lol.  Was surprised they didn't take Hawks offer of 8th and 10th for their 3rd and give away Barrett.  Still 9 hours till draft.