UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

17 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Just back from the agree.

Totally agree about giving up on the face off’s. Defense played outstanding. Offense is just a mess.

Outstanding Def, except the same guys a few times.  Actually we hit the crossbar several times on O, it is the just terrible pass attempts that killed us on Off.  They lose concentration or something.  BUT if we play like that against Stony Brook we'll have a win.  HOPING that SB beats VT tomorrow. [IF we had played like that against VT no contest].  IF IF IF,  I know.  The FOGOs we have coming in over the next 2 years have REALLY quick hands.  That will help.

• Like 2

yale goalie made some great saves early, or this game might have been a lot closer. That being said, UA missed a number of wide open nets. I do not know if they were trying to be too perfect with their shots, because how well the yale goalie was playing. It seemed UA was over faking on shots and when they finally let it go, they just shot it right at the goalie or totally wide. Maybe we just forgot how to shoot??

UA defense played great; IF they played all year like they played yesterday this game "would have" had at large implications. It seems in the games when the offense was clicking the defense was bad and vica-versa. Like Hof said IF IF IF!

Looking for brook to take down an overrated vermont team today.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dslyank said:

yale goalie made some great saves early, or this game might have been a lot closer. That being said, UA missed a number of wide open nets. I do not know if they were trying to be too perfect with their shots, because how well the yale goalie was playing. It seemed UA was over faking on shots and when they finally let it go, they just shot it right at the goalie or totally wide. Maybe we just forgot how to shoot??

UA defense played great; IF they played all year like they played yesterday this game "would have" had at large implications. It seems in the games when the offense was clicking the defense was bad and vica-versa. Like Hof said IF IF IF!

Looking for brook to take down an overrated vermont team today.

Completely agree. We had our fair share of good looks despite Yale’s goalie making some great saves.

Hard to win when Eccles and Tehoka get shut out. I couldn’t see where that crease violation was that would have made it 6-4. Yale made it 8-3 and there wasn’t enough firepower to rally again,

• Like 1

Yes the defense showed up ... Yale scored first goal with about one minute left first period however scored second goal  within the first minute of the second period....  downhill after that ... My concern: Can recruitment return the program to its winning ways?  We need offense.

I thought that there was some real tough and spirited defense out there, but when you get no draws they wear down. Still can't understand why, even against the best FO man in the nation, you just concede it and try to knock it out. Big article in the Gazette today with lots of TD quotes. He said he did not enjoy the game for the first time in his life and that he was very emotional afterward. Gave kudos to Barrow for desticking him...they are friends since the age of 5. I'll get the link.

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/04/19/yale-men-s-lacrosse-s-ierlan-wins-in-return-to-ualbany

Edited by jimbo
&$%! autocorrect

17 hours ago, uofalbany said:

Amazing we can only score 3 goals.

#4 team in the country.  And they had their lowest score of the season!!!!!

• 1 month later...

So Yale falls short of back to back titles.  TD did his part winning 75%.  Expect a title for TD and Yale next year?  As a freshman he made it to a NCAA quarterfinal, as a sophomore he made it to an NCAA semifinal, and as a junior made it to NCAA final.  Should win it all as a senior, lol.

• Like 1