UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

19-20 MBB Pre-Season articles and Expectations

1 hour ago, Dane Pound said:

Three Man Weave seems to believe it will be different this year since they have Clark on their first team. If he plays like a first teamer, we're going to have an awfully fun year.

Not sure that is the case. There is a legitimate argument that can be made that he should have been on the first team last season. From a fantasy basketball perspective he was the second best player in the league last year when you take into account everything - PTS/REB/AST/STL/BLK, well behind Lamb, but just ahead of Flemming and Lutete. 

Keeping his play constant should be a first team selection if it is based on stats alone as that site is very analytical. It may not mean that they think he will improve at all. 

The actual voters will take into account the shot selection and overall impression of his game. If he cleans up that stuff and changes the impression the voters have to actually get a 1st team selection, then yes: this UA team will be extremely dangerous. 

Edited by godanesgo99

7 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Good article, well done. Informative.

Don't really know much about "impact transferrs" in the ameast; but based on who/what is returning thought brook &  mbc ahead of UA a stretch??  Thoughts Opinions??

It will sort itself out...my concern going into the year is defense and rebounding. UMBC last year build their team around defense and reached the conference finals. They were infinitely better then us on the defensive end. When the chips were down they stifled us to the tune of 54 points. 

Watch the defensive efficiency early on in the year, it will forecast quite well what kind of team we have. 

29 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

It will sort itself out...my concern going into the year is defense and rebounding. UMBC last year build their team around defense and reached the conference finals. They were infinitely better then us on the defensive end. When the chips were down they stifled us to the tune of 54 points. 

Watch the defensive efficiency early on in the year, it will forecast quite well what kind of team we have. 

The way I read it, they have UVM at #1 then they have a group of SBU, UMBC, and UA, and those 3 can finish in any order. SBU finished second last year, and UMBC finished 3rd, with UA moving ahead of Hartford and UML into that 2-4 tier and thats why they put them in that order.. The actual writeups show what each team needs to do to get to #2 or potentially catch UVM. I don't read into them picking UA 4th at all. 

Edited by godanesgo99

Getting to the basket, getting to the free throw line and rebounding. When Albany teams do that, they are successful. For so many years we regularly took significantly more free throws than our opponents, made Them at a higher percentage than our opponents and out rebounded our opponents. I would love to see us get back to doing that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Story in the TU today. Sounds like Hansen will be starting with Lulka, Rizzuto, Healy and TBD. Mentioned that Hank doesn't appear to be part of the regular playing group.

If that's the case on Hank, he's my early transfer candidate. His playing time might shrink even more next year.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:09 PM, UAalum72 said:

Quote that stood out to  me, “moving forward I can't put a guy on the floor that cannot score," Brown said. "What we're trying to do is always have five guys on the floor that can score."

Not super surprised Hank won't be in the starting lineup but am somewhat surprised he isn't in the regular playing group. Wondering if this means French has taken a big step or there's just a lot of options in the front court.