UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

19-20 MBB Pre-Season articles and Expectations

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Maybe my expectations are a little low but I'm hoping for a 5 win improvement from last year. The teams core is still just sophomores.  If we get around 17-18 wins this year and then around 23 next year , I'm hoping it will set up a magical year in 2 years. 

Not an unreasonable expectations...a projection the likes of KenPom is a significant jump. As you pointed out, this year will remain one of the youngest teams in the AE if I'm not mistaken. Yes, they have good amount of experience but we'll see how that translates. I'd feel better if JoJo could play. 

I'm intrigued but cautiously optimistic. This team will surprise both in the good and hopefully bad. Still a lot of youth in the rotation and PG position needs to be better as well as rebounding. 

Edited by Clickclack

4 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Maybe my expectations are a little low but I'm hoping for a 5 win improvement from last year. The teams core is still just sophomores.  If we get around 17-18 wins this year and then around 23 next year , I'm hoping it will set up a magical year in 2 years. 

Your expectations are good, the only reason they are low is because the schedule the team plays this year appears to be very easy. We all know that schedule rankings can be wildly off, but at first glance, 19-20 wins should be the benchmark at the minimum.

16 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Knee surgery today for UAlbany men’s basketball guard Jojo Anderson produced a “best-case scenario” in terms of his ability to potentially play this season. Possible he plays before end of non-conference season.

MK posted this...

Edited by Clickclack

Romani Hansen expects to help UAlbany men's basketball

Hansen, a native of the U.S. Virgin Islands, has similar tools to Alex Foster, the program's previous one-year graduate transfer from two seasons ago.

At 200 pounds, Hansen is a bit thinner than Foster, but he brings something that's immeasurable to a team trying to reverse a 12-20 record, its first losing season since 2009-10.

"He brings that level of energy that we needed, and that's what is going to get us over the line," said sophomore guard Cameron Healy, the Danes' leading scorer last season. "In tight games, when it comes down to the wire, those little plays are what makes the difference."

"Rebounding, for sure," Hansen said when asked what he considers his strengths, "and I think I can bring energy. Those are my two main things."

Hansen is penciled in at power forward, but he has enough of an outside shot to play small forward (he attempted nearly three 3-pointers per game at Savannah State) and has the shot-blocking presence to play at center.

Notes: UAlbany will have its second of its two closed scrimmages Saturday against LIU-Brooklyn at SEFCU Arena

Anyone hear how yesterday with LIU went?

I'm guessing the other two are Hansen and Clark. That said, I do think deSousa is primed for a breakout.

I haven't heard anything about Brent Hank so far this season. He doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of the articles. He didn't play a ton (or at least wasn't noticable) during the purple and gold game. Always foul prone, but he seemed to have some nice moves, and is obviously a huge human being.

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Same because it was so accurate. 

Three Man Weave seems to believe it will be different this year since they have Clark on their first team. If he plays like a first teamer, we're going to have an awfully fun year.

• Like 1