UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Eli, you are too generous.  I would say 25% full.

No one ever blamed me of being excellent at math. Shoot, I had a friend (who is now a PA) do my intro to pre-calc (look at it as pre pre-calc) homework at UA lol.

25% it is.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Will take a few years of actual winning to bring back the people that even 3 or 4 years ago came. It appears many have given up on the program.  who can blame them!

AGREED!   But it will take more than winning to start filling Casey again [winning will cover up a lot of evils.]  Also NEEDED better "Game Day Experience", better marketing and promotion, and most important IMHO start being more WELCOMING to fans, community, et ALL. UA alienated donors, season ticket holders, walk-up customers; pretty much everyone by their past practices and in many ways little has changed today. I know you can't please every segment, but you sure as hell aught to try, when you are trying to build something.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, MRuler 79 said:

Who gets to park and tailgate in the parking lot next to the stadium? If I buy Gold Section seats for a game am I allowed to park and tailgate in that lot?? Also are the Police still pushing folks out of the lot 30 minutes after the game ends?

You have to make donations to park there.  I think it is likely filled for this you though. Contact Nat , Assistant AD for tickets. Some of us donate a LOT to be able to park there.

38 minutes ago, jimbo said:

This is what my eyes told me. Wonder what the actual paid attendance was, non students who actually showed up? 

Guys, you can't possibly be surprised by this! This is a DIRECT result of years of losing and at times disjointed at best and idiotic at worst policies that get implemented and reversed arbitrarily. I will continue to say that people WILL come back if you product on field improves and they don't do anything to anger fans. 

Right now, two weeks in, I think there is a semblance of a team here that is showing positive growth as opposed to the feverish excavation to the bottom that we've seen from GG and this program over the last 5 years. And I say that as a guy who has pilloried this program and Greg Gattuso for years. Every game is important for this coach and program and this Saturday is a really good test. Let's see what they do with it. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Guys, you can't possibly be surprised by this! This is a DIRECT result of years of losing and at times disjointed at best and idiotic at worst policies that get implemented and reversed arbitrarily. I will continue to say that people WILL come back if you product on field improves and they don't do anything to anger fans. 

Right now, two weeks in, I think there is a semblance of a team here that is showing positive growth as opposed to the feverish excavation to the bottom that we've seen from GG and this program over the last 5 years. And I say that as a guy who has pilloried this program and Greg Gattuso for years. Every game is important for this coach and program and this Saturday is a really good test. Let's see what they do with it. 

I am not surprised by the low turnout. I did not renew my season tickets this year for the first time in many years because the offense is too difficult to watch against CAA foes.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

On 9/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, UA_MA_2000 said:

Wow, that picture says it all. 2600 at best.

The Berm was in fact packed as was a lot of the bleachers - student areas and they were slow getting in, got white out tee-shirts.  Some here ALWAYS have to find something to bitch about.  Never seems to end.  WOW!  Get over it, either support the team and program or don't, buy season tickets or don't,  but stop bitching about everything every week.  Get's old real fast!  I am already done with this.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

The Berm was in fact packed as was a lot of the bleachers - student areas and they were slow getting in, got white out tee-shirts.  Some here ALWAYS have to find something to bitch about.  Never seems to end.  WOW!  Get over it, either support the team and program or don't, buy season tickets or don't,  but stop bitching about everything every week.  Get's old real fast!  I am already done with this.

LOL...this is a feelings place...let people feel or don't read. And as for berm was packed...LOL. 

That pictures was deep in the second quarter, players on the field. You are out of your mind if you think that wasn't reflective of the crowd size. When did the crowd fill in...fourth quarter? You continually have your head up GG's ass that's why you can't see the sorry state of the program. And those empty seats? They mean no $$ for program but yeah, it's the fans that are the problem who post here. 

How much is GG paying you to run interference on here for him? This is a DIRECT reflection of the program that he and Benson have "build"...you can try to run from that all you want. Having said that, last game was a step in the right direction. More please!

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Even the announced attendance of 5014 is horrendous.  This was the season opener - all the complaints lodged in this thread have some validity.   It was a beautiful day/evening yet the number of butts on the berm, in the bleachers and in the permanent seats was demonstrably and substantially lower than in the previous openers.  You may not see it but the football game day experience is on a downward trend.  That should trouble every one who cares about UA athletics.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I brought a friend and his son to their first game today. Had to leave at the end of the third because of a conflict, but I wanted to share a few comments I heard....

"I'd love to go to more games. It was fun. That said, WTF? No place for me to get a beer unless I am a donor? How can you get casual fans to start going? Not sure I'll be excited to come back unless I can use your wrist band again."

"Consessions are pretty limited. No burgers?"

"Had a great time. Too bad we had to leave before the comeback"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2