UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Phewww... Big win. Give the entire tram a ton of credit fought like hell. Stadium was loud... More please. 

Yeah the die hards came through with the noise even if there was only 2k at this game again. 

Big win and something to build on. I'm happy to see them do well, regardless of the staff. Hopefully we continue to build on this and don't regress to the mean (last 5 years). 

• Like 1

More excitement than I needed at the end of the game, but encouraged with the fight and spirit.  Undercuffler has the tools and is light years better than Vince junior.  O line did a heck of a job today.  Kudos all around for a fun and exciting win! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimbo said:

More excitement than I needed at the end of the game, but encouraged with the fight and spirit.  Undercuffler has the tools and is light years better than Vince junior.  O line did a heck of a job today.  Kudos all around for a fun and exciting win! 

The o line was impressive in fourth quarter. That long drive run after run after run... And they kept opening holes. 

Let's give these kids their due. I sat in gold seats today and the offensive line could barely walk after that drive.. Saw them all completely spent sitting. Respect... 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

You gotta be kidding... Onside recovered. 

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Wow. Textbook onside kick. 

Went out to dinner with the family so I just watched the last 10 mins of the 4th quarter. The was possible the worst attempt by a receiving team to cover an onside kick.  Our guys just laid back and waited.  The receiving team is allowed to touch the ball before 10 yards but the kicking team is not.  They needed to be all attacking and all over that ball instead of laying back and letting them get it. 

Solid win though.  Still some things to clean up on the defensive side.  They played well in the late but the middle of the defense is weak vs the run.  

Undercuffler has looked really good.  So good to see!  Let's win some more games!

Attendance: 3,329

No way in hell. MAYBE 2,500. Went to grab food with 1 minute left before halftime and I got back to my seat with like 30 seconds left (included a commercial break I believe or something). NO LINE at all.

However,  maybe a come-from-behind-but-almost-choke-yet-provide-excitement-at-the-end game will drive more butts into the seats.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eli said:

Attendance: 3,329

No way in hell. MAYBE 2,500. Went to grab food with 1 minute left before halftime and I got back to my seat with like 30 seconds left (included a commercial break I believe or something). NO LINE at all.

However,  maybe a come-from-behind-but-almost-choke-yet-provide-excitement-at-the-end game will drive more butts into the seats.

The upper deck had a decent number of people on the left when looking at the field. The area to the right (while looking at the field) was almost completely empty. 

Lower deck had a a decent number of people, but once again the gold seats were less than half filled. During the game I tried to make sure I took a mental count. I guessed the place was about 1/3 filled, which would be somewhere between 2500-3000 people. It's sad. Maybe some more wins will bring the crowds, but considering we can't ask for 3 better days for the first 3 home games than we had. It will go downhill quickly weather-wise.

See my posts in the gameday experience thread. Football and beer go together. I am amazed that there is no way for fans to have a cold one if they don't have access to the end zone area or the gold seats.

• Like 1

The good:

Shades of Bob Ford, a 7:24, 13-play drive with 12 rushes, 10 by Mofor.

Defense really took over for 20 minutes, until that late bomb.

Only four penalties

No turnovers, tho WM DB dropped one in his chest, while forcing four

The bad:

Slow start again

Too many big plays given up

Onside kick play

The worst:

Channel 13 reporter Ashley Miller carrying her camera around the sidelines while wearing a $iena tee shirt

Re time management: our last play was run with 1:44 on the clock. A lot of people were saying we should’ve been in victory formation. Could we have run out the clock? I’m never sure when the play clock sets to 40 seconds or 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't tell why there were no WM players in the end zone on the last play. There's a good highlights video on You Tube from the CAA and it shows how the UA DBs pinched the receivers together and they basically crashed into each other along with the Albany players .... surprised there wasn't a flag, but it looked like incidental contact. Slick move by the DBs...not sure if it was planned, but it sure worked. Yesterday I watched the slot receivers and they did get some work. The plays where they are getting Wesnewski caught up in the wash and lost and having him bust out free have really been an added weapon down close. Like that a lot. Cuff got lucky on a couple of tosses (quad coverage?), but for the most part they avoided the deep shots and he took what they gave him. Hanks had a good day with UT Chattanooga, but I'm liking Mofor's pass catching ability more and more. He's got some good skills. 

• Eli changed the title to Game #5: 9/28/19 - 3:30PM vs William & Mary