UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA played pretty well overall from the second QTR on. But WM might have done us a favor by playing the wrong freshman QB. The kid who started could run like the wind but also made some freshman mistakes (fumble and bad option choices at times) and did not have much of an arm. The back-up definitely had the stronger arm and as someone mentioned pre-game, both had about the same # of snaps coming into the UA game?

17 hours ago, Eli said:

I guess we had a Miami Heat crowd then and they arrived 30 minutes into the game because I shared photos here of the game 1 minute prior to tip and there was maybe 1,500 people. It's like 2 pages back.

Not 1 minute before kickoff. Closer to eight. The band's playing the national anthem but the team's not even on the field yet (except the injured). The players' parents mostly arrived in Sec. 105 later. And I was up buying a water (because I can see my wife there without me.) Still shows how bad the crowd was that I can pick her out.

SEFCU Arena fills in late the same way.

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Long bomb and texboot onside kick. 

I just watched the replay.  The officials on the field AND the Reivew officials blew it.  A W & M kid hit the ball at 7 yards clearly a penalty [watch the film].  Should have immediately been a penalty and UA ball.!!

Edited by HOF2013

22 hours ago, Eli said:

Attendance: 3,329

No way in hell. MAYBE 2,500. Went to grab food with 1 minute left before halftime and I got back to my seat with like 30 seconds left (included a commercial break I believe or something). NO LINE at all.

However,  maybe a come-from-behind-but-almost-choke-yet-provide-excitement-at-the-end game will drive more butts into the seats.

They always count ALL season ticket holders as all teams do [not saying right or wrong, just saying].  I personally know about 20 alums who had other commitments.

22 hours ago, Eli said:

I guess we had a Miami Heat crowd then and they arrived 30 minutes into the game because I shared photos here of the game 1 minute prior to tip and there was maybe 1,500 people. It's like 2 pages back.

Yep lots of folks were still coming down the hill and coming in after first quarter. Hard to believe.....

On 9/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, Clickclack said:

It was close to being touched before it went ten yards... Probably why under review. 

I just watched the replay.  The officials on the field AND the Reivew officials blew it.  A W & M kid hit the ball at 7 yards clearly a penalty [watch the film].  Should have immediately been a penalty and UA ball.!!

On 9/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, Clickclack said:

It was close to being touched before it went ten yards... Probably why under review. 

it was touched at 7 yds.  Watched the replay.  They blew it!  I just went back to look again and the long W & M TD with 1:40 to do and the onside kick were removed from the highlights video???!!!

Edited by HOF2013

After one CAA game, my spreadsheet is looking much better. Most notably, our performance in both redzones. I've noticed that all year...teams (be it Bryant or W&M) move the ball on us at will between the 20's but once it gets to the redzone, we become a wall.

2019-09-29-22-42-36-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

it was touched at 7 yds.  Watched the replay.  They blew it!  I just went back to look again and the long W & M TD with 1:40 to do and the onside kick were removed from the highlights video???!!!

Just watched multiple angles on the flofootball.com broadcast replay.  I don't see it.  I watched them several times to try and find what you're talking about but don't see it at all.  Biggest problem was out guys were 2 yards away from the line it needed to cross.  They needed to attack the ball and fall on it before 10 yards.  

7 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Just watched multiple angles on the flofootball.com broadcast replay.  I don't see it.  I watched them several times to try and find what you're talking about but don't see it at all.  Biggest problem was out guys were 2 yards away from the line it needed to cross.  They needed to attack the ball and fall on it before 10 yards.  

Not sure how you could miss it. Go look again, the direction the ball was moving changed when the W & M kid hit it.  I just watched it again. Watch the CAA  highlights.

Edited by HOF2013

Here is the video in question:

It does not touch the W&M player. The corner of the ball hits the turf (by virtue of it being prolate spheroid), hence the change of direction. Slow the YouTube video down to .25. If the players foot or leg hit the ball at the speed it was moving, that ball would have ricocheted wildly to the top of the screen.

10000000000% good call by the refs. They jumped on it just after it went 10 yards and like 4 inches. Like I said, text book recovery by W&M.

Edited by Eli

8 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

I just watched it about 6 times...it's never touched until it crosses. Textbook.

Yes, WM kid jumps over it but there is nothing there to show he touched it, ball rolling like that can take a weird bounce. 6:23 mark of the video

EDIT: Or Eli's cut above

Edited by Clickclack
  • Thanks 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #5: 9/28/19 - 3:30PM vs William & Mary