UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I didn’t see it touch him either.  I am wondering why our defenders weren’t more aggressive in going after the ball - William and Mary can’t touch the ball until it goes 10 yards, but our defenders can.  Maybe they thought it wouldn’t go 10 yards?  Coach Gattuso said they were playing smart but i don’t understand.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Here is the video in question:

It does not touch the W&M player. The corner of the ball hits the turf (by virtue of it being prolate spheroid), hence the change of direction. Slow the YouTube video down to .25. If the players foot or leg hit the ball at the speed it was moving, that ball would have ricocheted wildly to the top of the screen.

10000000000% good call by the refs. They jumped on it just after it went 10 yards and like 4 inches. Like I said, text book recovery by W&M.

Thanks Eli.  The replay on the broadcast had a field level replay that was taken from the sidelines in the bottom left of your video that clearly shows he did not touch it and it wasn't even that close from that angle.  Doesn't matter really.  As I've said, our guys should've been all over that ball BEFORE 10 yards.  I feel like they didn't know the receiving team can touch it before 10 yards.  

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DanesRGood said:

Thanks Eli.  The replay on the broadcast had a field level replay that was taken from the sidelines in the bottom left of your video that clearly shows he did not touch it was and it wasn't even close.  Doesn't matter really.  As I've said, our guys should've been all over that ball BEFORE 10 yards.  I feel like they didn't know the receiving team can touch it before 10 yards.  

The only thing I could think off is that they didn't think it would go 10 yards. They should have attacked the ball and not sit back. 

Four things that are facts:

1. The ball went 10 yards

2. The kicking team did not touch it until 10.3-10.5 yards; WOW...that's bang, bang and frankly, kudos.

3. Would have been very hard for our guys to go aggressively at it...but I can see why people would think so.  I mean, that was truly unreal.

4. Nah...I will leave this one alone...but some posters can use their imagination on what I would have written. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Four things that are facts:

1. The ball went 10 yards

2. The kicking team did not touch it until 10.3-10.5 yards; WOW...that's bang, bang and frankly, kudos.

3. Would have been very hard for our guys to go aggressively at it...but I can see why people would think so.  I mean, that was truly unreal.

4. Nah...I will leave this one alone...but some posters can use their imagination on what I would have written. 

100% bang bang. Their one guy did a good job of 'boxing out' (by placing himself between us and the ball) as well preventing us from getting it.

They played that one perfectly and deserve a hats off.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #5: 9/28/19 - 3:30PM vs William & Mary