Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

Now that basketball has started (more or less) I put these questions to the board:

1. Besides Anthony Lamb, name the AE player you would add to our roster if you could.

2. Name any college player you'd add to our roster if you could.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dane Pound said:

Now that basketball has started (more or less) I put these questions to the board:

1. Besides Anthony Lamb, name the AE player you would add to our roster if you could.

2. Name any college player you'd add to our roster if you could.

My picks:

1. Stef Smith from Vermont.

2. Cassius Winston from Mich State

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

In the AE and based on what we need this season in light of JoJo injury either Sessoms or Stef Smith. Also like Lutete a lot. 

 

I think Sessoms with some talent and shooting around him would be dynamic. 

Probably not a bad idea to get another ball handler, but even with JoJo out for an undetermined amount of time, I still feel pretty good at the 1 and 2 with Clark, Healy, Rizzuto, and Shafer. I think the injury is just going to force Brown to reconsider his plan of going smaller.

Last I heard, JoJo still could return this season but we won't know until after surgery. Anyone hear any updates? I think he is out of redshirt seasons without a waiver, so missing a full year would suck for him. He seems like a great kid. I hope he makes it through and is able to return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Probably not a bad idea to get another ball handler, but even with JoJo out for an undetermined amount of time, I still feel pretty good at the 1 and 2 with Clark, Healy, Rizzuto, and Shafer. I think the injury is just going to force Brown to reconsider his plan of going smaller.

Last I heard, JoJo still could return this season but we won't know until after surgery. Anyone hear any updates? I think he is out of redshirt seasons without a waiver, so missing a full year would suck for him. He seems like a great kid. I hope he makes it through and is able to return.

None of those guys you mentioned can run an offense. The JoJo loss is a big deal. Kid was going to be a double digit scorer. Healy tried to run some point last year, didn't go well. He's not a gifted ball handler. Say what you will about Clark, he's got the ball on a string and full court pressure doesn't phase him. 

He's gonna have to nut-up this year! If he learns to trust kids around him and run the offense, there is no doubt in my mind he'll be the best PG in the AE. Just needs to limit to/mistakes. There is nothing he can't do from the PG position on the court, just don't be wild. Gifted kid, I know folks bag on him here but he led the AE in assist and assist rate by a wide margin. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with this statement 100%. While he can be frustrating at times, I don't think there is a person on this board that defended him harder than me last year. I know he can be a 1st teamer, and even challenge Lamb for POY should things go the right way for him. That's probably a stretch, but also not as much of one as many might think. He can be that good. 

JoJo is a huge loss, yes, but I do have confidence in the guards on this team. Someone needs to step up for the 5-10 minutes a game that Clark won't be in the game. Hopefully the injury isn't that bad, and we can see Mr. Anderson on the court by the middle of the conference slate.

Edited by godanesgo99
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Agree with this statement 100%. While he can be frustrating at times, I don't think there is a person on this board that defended him harder than me last year. I know he can be a 1st reamer, and even challenge Lamb for POY should things go the right way for him. That's probably a stretch, but also not as much of one as many might think. He can be that good. 

JoJo is a huge loss, yes, but I do have confidence in the guards on this team. Someone needs to step up for the 5-10 minutes a game that Clark won't be in the game. Hopefully the injury isn't that bad, and we can see Mr. Anderson on the court by the middle of the conference slate.

It's a giant stretch...lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...