Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So since we have Paul Newman committed, are we hoping he's more of a hot hand than a cool hand? I'll show myself out...  

I'm w/ you on Doles.  I think he's a very solid/versatile big for the AE.  I just don't think you need to be 6'11" to play center at this level.

Interesting reading. As for me, I’m gonna let the engine cool off on DK’s car before commenting on his player choices. WB had some hits and had some misses.   Having said that, the guy from

Posted Images

Here is my stab at the updated list...basically copied last years roster because everyone basically stays at the same 'class'. Won't remove Transfer Portal kids till they sign.

UAlbany Men's Roster 2021-2022					
					
Name			Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Adam Lulka		C		6'8"	240	RJr.		Returning
Brent Hank		C		6'10"	245	RJr.		Returning
Jarvis Doles		PF		6'9"	215	Jr. (Grad)	Transfer Portal
Trey Hutcheson		PF		6'5"	195	So.		Transfer Portal
Kellon Taylor		SF		6'6"	215	Sr. (Grad)	Transfer Portal
Antonio Rizzuto		SF		6'3"	180	Jr.		Transfer Portal
Cam Healey		SG		6'2"	185	RJr.		Transfer Portal
CJ Kelly		SG		6'5"	190	Jr. (JUCO)	Returning
Jamel Horton		SG		6'4"	190	Jr. (JUCO)	Transfer Portal
Sam Shafer		SG		6'6"	190	RSo.		Returning
Chuck Champion		PG		6'4"	185	Sr. (Grad)	Returning
JoJo Anderson		PG		6'3"	170	Sr.		Returning
Will Amica		PG		6'0"	160	Fr.		Returning
Jackson Brown		SG		6'3"	185	Fr.		Returning
Will Kondrat		SF		6'7"	200	Jr. (JUCO)	Transfer Portal
					
Possible Signings	Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Malcolm Whitlow		PG		6'1"	190	So. (JUCO)	Offered
Dakari Johnson		PG		6'0"	175	So. (JUCO)	Offered
Latik Murphy		SG		6'4"	TBD	So. (JUCO)	Offered
Marcus Jackson		SG		6'3"	180	Fr.		Offered
Saint Thomas		SF		6'6"	200	Fr.		Offered
Amarri Tice		SF		6'5"	205	Fr.		Offered
Jakorie Smith		PF		6'6"	225	So. (JUCO)	Offered
Benjamin Griscti	PF		6'11"	210	Fr.		Offered
=======================================================================================
Riley Mulvey**		C		6'10"	230	Fr.		Iowa
					
Possible Departures	Reason				
Jarvis Doles		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Trey Hutcheson		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Kellon Taylor		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Antonio Rizzuto		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Cam Healey		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Jamel Horton		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
Will Kondrat		Transfer Portal post Brown departure				
					
Departures		Reason

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Poor commitment.  Shot like 35 percent from the free throw line and never attempted a 3 pointer in his college career. Doesn't really rebound either. No good so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Poor commitment.  Shot like 35 percent from the free throw line and never attempted a 3 pointer in his college career. Doesn't really rebound either. No good so far. 

Played only 14mpg...career per 40 is 12/11 and 2blks per game. Maybe he can give us something down low. I actually don't mind this signing for one year. Looks fairly athletic and can finish around the rim. Not sure why he played only 14mpg. Advanced analytics show that he is a good rebounder and can protect rim. DK said need to rebound to run...which is true.

Horrendous ft shooter..won't be able to leave him out there in a close game.

Edited by Clickclack
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll pass .... really a comparable league . Imagine we took a 5 point scorer from Siena as a grad  transfer.  Yikes. 

I guess we don't know how many kids are really transfering . I'm hoping that most of the kids who are still practicing with us will stay. 

If they do this is a horrible signing.  If we need to fill 10 + scholarships I guess I can understand it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I'll pass .... really a comparable league . Imagine we took a 5 point scorer from Siena as a grad  transfer.  Yikes. 

I guess we don't know how many kids are really transfering . I'm hoping that most of the kids who are still practicing with us will stay. 

If they do this is a horrible signing.  If we need to fill 10 + scholarships I guess I can understand it. 

They played 12 games this year. Both recruits have been 1 year guys so far which is what the coaching staff will want to go with so they have 2 open scholarships for 2022-2023.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely understand that.  There are over 1000 players in the portal.  We have a "recruiter" for a coach . Which I support by the way. 

I guess I was wishfully hoping for better then a D2 player (who can shoot, but is very very slow) and a 5 point grad transfer from a comparable school. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Played only 14mpg...career per 40 is 12/11 and 2blks per game. Maybe he can give us something down low. I actually don't mind this signing for one year. Looks fairly athletic and can finish around the rim. Not sure why he played only 14mpg. Advanced analytics show that he is a good rebounder and can protect rim. DK said need to rebound to run...which is true.

Horrendous ft shooter..won't be able to leave him out there in a close game.

He played behind Nick Sestina (who transferred to Kentucky) and then he was injured.  Last time we got a big with numbers like this, with an injury...it was Doles.  

I like this signing as a tough, Philly kid who has solid hands.  If this means he either backs Doles up or is playing next to Doles...both meaning Doles is staying, I am on board.  I think he would be a nice tandem next to Doles.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

They played 12 games this year. Both recruits have been 1 year guys so far which is what the coaching staff will want to go with so they have 2 open scholarships for 2022-2023.

Yep, exactly.  And they will possibly have more if some guys are staying on board.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly hope you are right.  2:20 in highlights over 4 years. I bet I can find that on just about any player.  Again 5 points a game for a grad transfer in a comparable league. If that gets you going great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...