Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2021


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Rayshawn Miller

Alex Foster

Romani Hansen

I’ll get a scotch and wait for your comments (I’m sure you’ll pull something up). 
 

I’m a Will Brown guy...I just feel like people are trashing a new coach before seeing the goods.  

For the most part they played very well . I guess what I'm saying any you may be missing is that there are over 1000 players in the portal and a 5 point a game player as a grad transfer does nothing for me yet ! Of course I know nothing about the current players.  If he has 10+ scholarships to give then this guy is fine . If not I would rather see a guy with multiple years to develop. You cherry picked a couple of guys., but it normally takes a year or so to get used to to system.  That's basically all . I wish him the best and look forward to better recruits. 

 

And if you mean pull some facts up I'm sure a could . Lol. But it's too late for that.  Haha 

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

For the most part they played very well . I guess what I'm saying any you may be missing is that there are over 1000 players in the portal and a 5 point a game player as a grad transfer does nothing for me yet ! Of course I know nothing about the current players.  If he has 10+ scholarships to give then this guy is fine . If not I would rather see a guy with multiple years to develop. You cherry picked a couple of guys., but it normally takes a year or so to get used to to system.  That's basically all . I wish him the best and look forward to better recruits. 

I’m curious as to what type of transfer you are expecting them to land here.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

For the most part they played very well . I guess what I'm saying any you may be missing is that there are over 1000 players in the portal and a 5 point a game player as a grad transfer does nothing for me yet ! Of course I know nothing about the current players.  If he has 10+ scholarships to give then this guy is fine . If not I would rather see a guy with multiple years to develop. You cherry picked a couple of guys., but it normally takes a year or so to get used to to system.  That's basically all . I wish him the best and look forward to better recruits. 

You’re slow. They were all one year grad transfers with meh numbers.  Didn’t see you bitch then. 
 

agajn, I’m a will brown guy with some insight into the program.  However, without knowing the makeup of the roster, I just feel people are trashing Coach killings just to trash him. Let me put it this way: If our frontline ends up being Doles, Taylor, Hutcheson and Newman...I’m good with it as they all compliment each other 

We are in the AE; who do you expect to come in.  
 

like you said, facts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

I’m curious as to what type of transfer you are expecting them to land here.

Great question.  Coach Killings is known as a recruiter that has deep roots in the northeast. I hoping that we can compete with some slightly higher conferences go get better players here.  Recruiting is his strength.  So I guess I expect to see better recruits. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

You’re slow. They were all one year grad transfers with meh numbers.  Didn’t see you bitch then. 
 

agajn, I’m a will brown guy with some insight into the program.  However, without knowing the makeup of the roster, I just feel people are trashing Coach killings just to trash him. Let me put it this way: If our frontline ends up being Doles, Taylor, Hutcheson and Newman...I’m good with it as they all compliment each other 

We are in the AE; who do you expect to come in.  
 

like you said, facts. 

I'm not into name calling.  But I knew they were 1 year guys . And they did fine . I prefer to develop players but I understand the reason behind this recruit .  Also I was one of the first to say it was a good hire and look forward to the season . 

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miller- former UMass team manager and averaged around 4 a game for umass 

hansen-  9 and 5 for an absolutely trash savannah st team

Alex Foster- averaged about 1.5 and 1,5 in a bust of a career at Texas tech and Bradley. 
 

where was your disgust with these one year grad transfer recruits 

 I’m sure you’ll pull some bull$iena up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I'm not into name calling.  But I knew they were 1 year guys . And they did fine . I prefer to develop players but I understand the reason behind this recruit .  Also I was one of the first to say it was a good hire and look forward to the season . 

Really, did fine?  Give me a break.  Go look at their stats.  You’re trashing a new coach just to bash him. And for a guy who says he likes facts, you aren’t presenting them

again, I’m a will brown guy but this nonsense is getting ridiculous   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

Miller- former UMass team manager and averaged around 4 a game for umass 

hansen-  9 and 5 for an absolutely trash savannah st team

Alex Foster- averaged about 1.5 and 1,5 in a bust of a career at Texas tech and Bradley. 
 

where was your disgust with these one year grad transfer recruits 

 I’m sure you’ll pull some bull$iena up. 

I'm sure this has gone on long enough.  I'm not disgusted . I said it does not get my excited . That's all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Ok. Fine.  Let’s use your words.  Did those guys excite you.  I’ll be done with this when I hear that answer. An honest answer. 

No . They didn't .  ( but better then this current recruit ) But I had a ton of respect for Brown. But a guy known as a recruiter I look forward to better. (Recruits) Brown was a very good coach.  I think his loyalty to his staff and the university was his downfall. Maybe a pipe dream for better recruits . I also took Browns strengths as coaching.  From what I heard and read , Killings strengths are recruiting.  (Right now) . I'm not trashing him or Brown. At least not my intention.  It was just to say I hope for better recruits.  

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously?  I question your knowledge of the program if you even think he was relevant.  He averaged around 2 points and 1.5 boards in 30 games.  Miller. 
 

 

Edited by Dane96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Seriously?  I question your knowledge of the program if you even think he was relevant.  He averaged around 2 points and 1.5 boards in 30 games.  Miller. 
 

 

It was just to say he did not work out.  More as a joke . But a good guy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Great question.  Coach Killings is known as a recruiter that has deep roots in the northeast. I hoping that we can compete with some slightly higher conferences go get better players here.  Recruiting is his strength.  So I guess I expect to see better recruits. 

He’s literally been on the job for about a month lol. With the transfer portal, what’s a slightly higher conference CAA? You want a a double digit scorer from the CAA? A double digit scorer from the CAA will look to transfer somewhere higher than Albany. Do you want a power 5 transfer that plays 2 min a game? Let’s see what he does for his 22-23 recruiting class first. I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure coaches spend multiple years recruiting specific kids. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...