UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2021

1 minute ago, dslyank said:

Starting to get awfully excited about this team. Still like to see a BIG [see 4/22 post.] DK doing a hell of a job building a team.

Eli where is your updated projected roster? Saw it a few days back; but do not remember where it was posted.

I know.  Was just thinking Eli is slacking.  I did one of my own when I was bored.  But if we keep some of the guys who have not already transferred, we will have a special team.  

right now if everyone stays, we are maxed on scholarships.  I’m ok with what we have if that’s the case.  We have two offers out for bigs next year.  

if anyone else leaves, agreed...we should nab a big

Official announcement.  Sounds like he's awesome from head to toe..including his hair...but is anyone worried about the first line? "for the 2021-2022 season".  That's odd language for me. 

ALBANY, N.Y. – Justin Neely, a 6-5 wing from West Oaks Academy in Miami, Fla., has signed a national letter of intent to join the UAlbany men's basketball team under new head coach Dwayne Killings for the 2021-22 season.

"We are ecstatic about welcoming Justin into our program and into our family," said Killings.  "When we identify talent, we are looking for versatile, hard-working, and committed young men to help change the mentality of our program.  Justin is all that and more.  He has excelled in the classroom and those same habits have given him immense success on the court.  Justin is a winner and we can't wait for our fan base to welcome Justin and his family to the Capital Region."

"I am excited to join the UAlbany family," said Neely.  "This is a wonderful opportunity for me to not only receive a great education but work with a great coaching staff and with players who share the same goals.  It is even more special because this is Coach Killings' first season, and I will get to be a part of the foundation of excellence and championship tradition that he is building at UAlbany.  I am blessed to have this opportunity and am looking forward to meeting everyone."

Neely averaged 9.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in three games for West Oaks during the COVID-19-affected 2020-21 season.  As a junior, Neely averaged 27.2 points, 12.3 rebounds, and 6.4 assists in 24 appearances.  In his career, Neely has shown the ability to hit shots from multiple spots on the floor, as well as the ability to guard four positions.  He plans to pursue a degree in Business and holds a 4.0 GPA, and was the first student-athlete at his high school to be named valedictorian.

28 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Official announcement.  Sounds like he's awesome from head to toe..including his hair...but is anyone worried about the first line? "for the 2021-2022 season".  That's odd language for me. 

ALBANY, N.Y. – Justin Neely, a 6-5 wing from West Oaks Academy in Miami, Fla., has signed a national letter of intent to join the UAlbany men's basketball team under new head coach Dwayne Killings for the 2021-22 season.

"We are ecstatic about welcoming Justin into our program and into our family," said Killings.  "When we identify talent, we are looking for versatile, hard-working, and committed young men to help change the mentality of our program.  Justin is all that and more.  He has excelled in the classroom and those same habits have given him immense success on the court.  Justin is a winner and we can't wait for our fan base to welcome Justin and his family to the Capital Region."

"I am excited to join the UAlbany family," said Neely.  "This is a wonderful opportunity for me to not only receive a great education but work with a great coaching staff and with players who share the same goals.  It is even more special because this is Coach Killings' first season, and I will get to be a part of the foundation of excellence and championship tradition that he is building at UAlbany.  I am blessed to have this opportunity and am looking forward to meeting everyone."

Neely averaged 9.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in three games for West Oaks during the COVID-19-affected 2020-21 season.  As a junior, Neely averaged 27.2 points, 12.3 rebounds, and 6.4 assists in 24 appearances.  In his career, Neely has shown the ability to hit shots from multiple spots on the floor, as well as the ability to guard four positions.  He plans to pursue a degree in Business and holds a 4.0 GPA, and was the first student-athlete at his high school to be named valedictorian.

Meh not really. At this point I don’t really expect players to stay for four years at this level anymore if they clearly can play up. 

There is nothing wrong with the statement. Forget 1 vs 4 years.  The statement is factually and grammatically correct.  He is joining for the 2021-22 season.  That’s a fact.  NLIs are yearly renewable.  

in any event, too much is being read into the line, IMHO.  

Thar said, one and done may be the new reality.