UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well, I'm glad I was out at a party and couldn't watch this.  Was looking forward to watching the replay of a win but now won't watch.  I followed on my phone a bit and then stopped at halftime only to return to the phone to see 47-24 and I was like WTF happened?!?! Oh well, on to the next one. 

12 minutes ago, mainejeff said:

I'm glad that this "bad" Maine team beat your "good" Albany team. :huh:

I stand corrected and you 'have my apologies'. My comments all game were based on the 2-5 record (winless against the CAA) you had when I started the weekly thread. I didn't realize until after the game that you guys played (and won) last week for some reason. And statistically, having just looked at the stats, you are better than Albany in some key areas on the season. So, I will eat some humble pie. We're evenly matched.

Doesn't change the fact that Albany got smacked around after a bye week. I hate late season byes...cause it can derail an otherwise decent season. The staff didn't have the team ready to play and we made a lot of mental mistakes.

Edited by Eli

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

This week is a good example of the fact that top to bottom (with the exception of maybe JMU) the CAA is a league where anybody can beat anybody and regularly it happens.  

It's gonna be a wild finish.....about 8 teams currently vying for 2-3 at-large bids.

One thing overlooked by Albany fans.....Maine has been on fire with their new freshman QB Fagnano who replaced the injured Ferguson (thank god!).

Fagnano's stats for 3.5  games: 63-95 (66.32%), 1116 yards, 12 TD, 2 INT

Edited by mainejeff

More mysterious play-calling. TU  said Maine defense ranked second-to-last in the CAA with 177.6 rushing yards allowed per game, yet we only had 25 rushes, including 8 by Undercuffler that may include his sacks. And the pick-six was almost not the only sideline pass to get intercepted, they were waiting for them, along with the deep fades.

I don't understand why James was not in there more...and used more. He got 9+ a pop on three carries. Gattuso took the hit for the call on the safety. Overall the stats for the game didn't indicate the final score. It was a VERY bad day for JU....fumble, sack/fumble, pick 6, safety. That was basically the difference in the game. Like I said before, it worked in our favor against URI....not so much yesterday. No problems parking BTW.....wondered if we had the wrong day for the game when we pulled in at 3. Concessions were quick cuz no one was there. We were colder than expected with that breeze....stuck around until the pick 6 and then booked. Heated car seats never felt so good!! 

58 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

More mysterious play-calling. TU  said Maine defense ranked second-to-last in the CAA with 177.6 rushing yards allowed per game, yet we only had 25 rushes, including 8 by Undercuffler that may include his sacks. And the pick-six was almost not the only sideline pass to get intercepted, they were waiting for them, along with the deep fades.

I saw something that said that their front 7 was solid, but their weak spot was the edges....so were we hitting the edges? The reverse to Green was effective. 

53 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I saw something that said that their front 7 was solid, but their weak spot was the edges....so were we hitting the edges? The reverse to Green was effective. 

56 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I don't understand why James was not in there more...and used more. He got 9+ a pop on three carries. Gattuso took the hit for the call on the safety. Overall the stats for the game didn't indicate the final score. It was a VERY bad day for JU....fumble, sack/fumble, pick 6, safety. That was basically the difference in the game. Like I said before, it worked in our favor against URI....not so much yesterday. No problems parking BTW.....wondered if we had the wrong day for the game when we pulled in at 3. Concessions were quick cuz no one was there. We were colder than expected with that breeze....stuck around until the pick 6 and then booked. Heated car seats never felt so good!! 

I agree about Alex James.  I think he started the second half, had a couple of good runs then took himself out - he was limping.  

I think this was eerily similar to the Richmond game, Maine had very good cornerbacks and played press coverage, they were also able to get pressure with just their defensive line.   Undercuffler had to throw a lot more long sideline passes - not sure how many he tried but it was a lot.  I also think we struggled in pass coverage - just a bad combination overall.  

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

And the pick-six was almost not the only sideline pass to get intercepted, they were waiting for them, along with the deep fades.

Cause thats 98% of our passing game with 3-4 passes over the middle sprinkled in.

• Eli changed the title to Game #9: 11/2/19 - 3:30PM vs Maine